Originally Posted by marky_mark View Post
Your 26 nosler drives tacks!
Oh,,,,nice cartridge
Old 02-06-2019, 09:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Your 26 nosler drives tacks!
I like it. Lol. I like it so much I want 2.
Old 02-06-2019, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
The main thing about any rifle is if your happy with it,the hell with what others think.

There's guys with all kinda costly rigs and the only time they grin is when it gets caught in there zipper.

Happy to here your more than happy with your rifle NW.
Old 02-06-2019, 10:18 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norwest Alta View Post
Mines a 28,,,love it too
Old 02-06-2019, 10:25 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xbolt7mm View Post
Mines a 28,,,love it too
I'm thinking a 28 will be next on my list.
Old 02-07-2019, 12:26 AM
Banned

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badone20 View Post
Buddy of mine has the Hells Canyon and absolutely loves it
Same as mine.
Old 02-07-2019, 11:41 AM

Or another option, you can source all the parts yourself... Custom action (Stiller), custom barrel (Shilen), after market stock (B&C Alaskan Ti), trigger (Timney) and bottom metal (Rem) and have a gunsmith put it all together for you in the calibre of your choice, for under $3000 all in and have exactly what you want. That's what I did.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prairiewolf View Post
*Too many idiots with buckmark logos on their trucks and I don't wanna be a part of it
This^^

I own/have owned several Browning’s over the years,most of those long before owning a Browning EVERYTHING was cool,lol....,oddly enough no x-bolts nor even any bolt action for that matter,but a cpl BLR and BPS,A5 and BAR.
No complaints about any Browning I’ve owned,my only peeve is with the rediculous overmarketing of the Buck TM on everything from window decals to teenage girls tank tops to coffe mugs and toilet paper and everything in between.
I like my Brownings,but like PW said,I don’t want to be any part of Browning Nation decal campaign.Kinda a shame really,cuz it really is a cool logo,too bad it’s so grossly overused.

Last edited by West O'5; 02-08-2019 at 07:54 AM.
Old 02-08-2019, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by West O'5 View Post
This^^

I own/have owned several Browning’s over the years,oddly enough no x-bolts nor even any bolt action for that matter,but a cpl BLR and BPS,A5 and BAR.
No complaints about any Browning I’ve owned,my only peeve is with the rediculous overmarketing of the Buck TM on everything from window decals to teenage girls tank tops to coffe mugs and toilet paper and everything in between.
I like my Brownings,but like PW said,I don’t want to be any part of Browning Nation decal campaign.Kinda a shame really,cuz it really is a cool logo,too bad it’s so grossly overused.
I have plenty of Browning clothing, and I shot Browning O/U shotguns for around 30 years, so I have no issues with the company. I just don't like the design of their centerfire rifles. I also don't plaster the silly decals all over either.
Old 02-08-2019, 08:03 AM
Banned

I think they include a huge buck mark sticker free with the purchase of any white framed sunglasses lol
Old 02-08-2019, 08:21 AM

Do they offer the Matching Cap, knife, shirt, and belt buckel.

Goosh,,, I'm thinking about switching over if its included in the package. Ha

👍
Old 02-08-2019, 08:14 PM

I own two x-bolt rifles. A carbon fiber SS with a fluted barrel in 300WSM, and a composite stalker (currently wearing a carbon fiber stalk) in 7mm WSM. I like them both. They both shoot under MOA. They are light. They kill things that I point at. If I had $10k sitting around as surplus I wouldn’t sink it all into a custom rifle. I’d use one of my accurate off the shelf rifles that some on here would turn their noses up at, and go kill things in a far away land like Africa, Nepal or New Zealand. Once you have a rifle that is comfortable to carry, are shooting MOA or better, and reliably hit what you’re aiming at from field positions, what do you need more? A good ego stroke for some people, I guess.

I’m sure the hells canyon rifle will do you very well. Sounds like a very nice rifle. At least for someone who’s got his feet planted on planet earth that is. For others, who are not so “down to earth”, just keep stroking.
Old 02-08-2019, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedcatcher View Post
I own two x-bolt rifles. A carbon fiber SS with a fluted barrel in 300WSM, and a composite stalker (currently wearing a carbon fiber stalk) in 7mm WSM. I like them both. They both shoot under MOA. They are light. They kill things that I point at. If I had $10k sitting around as surplus I wouldn’t sink it all into a custom rifle. I’d use one of my accurate off the shelf rifles that some on here would turn their noses up at, and go kill things in a far away land like Africa, Nepal or New Zealand. Once you have a rifle that is comfortable to carry, are shooting MOA or better, and reliably hit what you’re aiming at from field positions, what do you need more? A good ego stroke for some people, I guess.

I’m sure the hells canyon rifle will do you very well. Sounds like a very nice rifle. At least for someone who’s got his feet planted on planet earth that is. For others, who are not so “down to earth”, just keep stroking.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but they aren’t carbonfiber stocks they are just dipped and painted
Old 02-08-2019, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by buckbrushoutdoors View Post
Sorry to burst your bubble, but they aren’t carbonfiber stocks they are just dipped and painted
No bubble burst here. Well aware. But I do like the look of them. That’s what browning named them, so that’s what I call them. But I’m under no delusions with regards to what they are.
Old 02-08-2019, 10:05 PM
Banned

Quote:
The xbolt pro is actually carbon fiber
I thought it was dipped but I was wrong
Old 02-08-2019, 10:12 PM

Quote:
The xbolt pro is actually carbon fiber
I thought it was dipped but I was wrong
I guess that’s why they are closer to 2g
Old 02-08-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by weedcatcher View Post
No bubble burst here. Well aware. But I do like the look of them. That’s what browning named them, so that’s what I call them. But I’m under no delusions with regards to what they are.

All good, just heard a few guys talk about their carbon fiber x bolts and didn’t realize they are just dipped
Old 02-08-2019, 10:54 PM
Banned

Quote:
I guess that’s why they are closer to 2g
I think they are actually closer to $2500
Even browning is chasing the semi custom dollars
Old 02-08-2019, 10:54 PM

When I go back home every fall for hunting I have a friend that I look up and take hunting with me,but his rifle is worth 50 bucks on a good day,poor scope and I hate to let someone use my main hunting rifles.

So I bought this xbolt stainless 3 years ago with what they call the carbon fiber stock and put swaro Z3 on it and did the break in ,got a good load for it with 160 accubonds for him to use.

I brought the rifle for this friend to use and after about five trips to the my shooting shack,dam I liked this xbolt rifle in 7mm rm.Yes the trigger could be better,but it shoots very nice groups, has a 26 inch barrel and I think I may have to shop for anther rifle for my friend .

I really like this xbolt,i didn't buy it cause I thought it was junk.I bought it cause it felt good and that's what made me buy it and for me it's right on for any hunting on this planet.The bolt took a bit of getting use to,but I only use it to hunt and it will do it's job very well as long as I do my part or my friend.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:06 PM
Banned

Smile

Moral of the story is to get the rifle that fits YOUR needs
Not everyone needs to shoot a 10k system
Just like not everyone feels the need to buy a 100k truck
I like Kurt’s set up a lot.
Old 02-08-2019, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Moral of the story is to get the rifle that fits YOUR needs
Not everyone needs to shoot a 10k system
Just like not everyone feels the need to buy a 100k truck
I like Kurt’s set up a lot.
x2
Old 02-09-2019, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JD848 View Post
When I go back home every fall for hunting I have a friend that I look up and take hunting with me,but his rifle is worth 50 bucks on a good day,poor scope and I hate to let someone use my main hunting rifles.

So I bought this xbolt stainless 3 years ago with what they call the carbon fiber stock and put swaro Z3 on it and did the break in ,got a good load for it with 160 accubonds for him to use.

I brought the rifle for this friend to use and after about five trips to the my shooting shack,dam I liked this xbolt rifle in 7mm rm.Yes the trigger could be better,but it shoots very nice groups, has a 26 inch barrel and I think I may have to shop for anther rifle for my friend .

I really like this xbolt,i didn't buy it cause I thought it was junk.I bought it cause it felt good and that's what made me buy it and for me it's right on for any hunting on this planet.The bolt took a bit of getting use to,but I only use it to hunt and it will do it's job very well as long as I do my part or my friend.
Apologies for the Facebook reference,but.....You have a new friend request 😝