Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 07-21-2011, 01:09 PM

Cool Nsr bound

hey guys/gals
just curious as to which area of the NSR would be best for fishing.. north of edmonton or south of edmonton.. ive heard down past devon is usually good but i have never bin fishin on the NSR and any advice as to where some nice spots along the river may be would be great. headin out sat. mornin.. anxious to go hopefully have some nice pix to post when we get back. ill keep you informed. thanks for the commets in advance.
Old 07-21-2011, 03:52 PM

I went upstream last weekend from Devon on my Weldcraft and we managed to find a few good holes. If you have a jetboat I can give you some locations.

Try any area where a creek mouth opens into the river and water slows right down such as Sturgeon River mouth and Whitemud Creek mouth.

Use a crankbait early evening to catch Walleye.

If you use a pickeral rig be prepared to lose a lot of bait and catch quite a few Goldeye and Mooneye. They are kind of annoying if your going for Sturgeon or Walleye.

I managed a baby Walleye and baby Sucker on a pickeral rig with worms last weekend but my friends and I managed to pull out about 20 goldeye/mooneye.

Tags
devon, north, nsr, river, sask