Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2012, 04:35 PM

Default iPhone 5 vs Samsung Galaxy S3

I know it might be a little early to start comparing, but still wanna hear which you suggest and why!
Old 09-24-2012, 04:47 PM

What are using it for besides the obvious?
Old 09-24-2012, 04:55 PM
Banned

Location: FTR Road in the summer (flyfishin), The bush in autum (huntin) the hills in winter (shreddin the pow

There is no comparison. Comparing the iphone 5 to the samsung galaxy iii is like comparing the ballistics of a 50 cal BMG sniper round to a .22 LR.........
Old 09-24-2012, 05:38 PM
Banned

i5 sales are way below expectations.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nf5-P...layer_embedded

looks like the iphone has jumped the shark. Apple iphone...meet the Sony Walkman.
Old 09-24-2012, 05:47 PM

An Iphone is a SYSTEM, not only a phone. It is part of a Mac system that work really well with the other Mac products. It's value lies in the strength of using it all together. People that does not have the other Mac products, are quick to shoot down the phone. I bought the first iPhone, and my family is on our 5th iPhone. Never have we experienced a problem that was not rectified quickly . My first iPhone had a battery issue after 2-3 years. I took it in, and they sold me a refurbished unit for less than what a new battery cost. My wife dropped her iPhone two days after getting it, cracked the screen. She confessed, and Apple, regardless of her admission of guilt, gave her a new iPhone.

I must admit, I switch to the "Apple System" because of all the issues PC's have, and just had enough. I am very happy with my choice for the last number of years, and it will remain as long as the service and quality last.

Currently had/have two desktops, a laptop, 3 iPad's, 6 iPods, 5 iPhones, and no issues. My opinion, and I still say the world is flat.....
Old 09-24-2012, 05:50 PM
AO Sponsor

Uhhh...iPhone 5 sales are record breaking...not below expectations...make sure to do some research first Unless you were being sarcastic...in which impossible to tell

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012...snt-impressed/

iPhone for the win, this as a converted blackberry user! Very cool, fun to use, video and pictures are unreal high quality in my opinion. Just got the iPhone 5 few days ago
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 09-24-2012, 06:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serengeti Charters View Post
Uhhh...iPhone 5 sales are record breaking...not below expectations...make sure to do some research first Unless you were being sarcastic...in which impossible to tell

http://blogs.wsj.com/marketbeat/2012...snt-impressed/

iPhone for the win, this as a converted blackberry user! Very cool, fun to use, video and pictures are unreal high quality in my opinion. Just got the iPhone 5 few days ago
but shares opened down more than 2% as the weekend sales figures fell short of analysts’ expectations. quote from your cited article.

i5 sales are way below expectations. quote from me

not below expectations quote from you

Just bugging ya.

Looks like sales were below expectations due to supply issues not demand issues. (but my quote was right...)

I always thought analyst was just another name foe proctologist.
Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 PM
AO Sponsor

Fair enough...but I suppose it depends on whose expectations we're talking Record sales, decent
www.serengetifishingcharters.com

The BEST Chinook Salmon and Halibut Fishing On the Coast
Old 09-24-2012, 06:03 PM

I have the Galaxy and I like it a lot. Only problem with it is unlike the iphone if you break the screen it is integrated into the phone so it cost about 300 bucks as some of the electronics go with it. If you dont like the iphone 5 wait 3 months for the iphone 6
Old 09-24-2012, 06:06 PM
Banned

Location: FTR Road in the summer (flyfishin), The bush in autum (huntin) the hills in winter (shreddin the pow

I have to go get a i5 like now
Old 09-24-2012, 07:09 PM

IMHO...iphone5 is what should've been released instead of the 4s, and at that time. Now the iPhone tech is a year behind everyone else.

You want an honest opinion.. Go play with them both and pick the one you like. They both do the exact Same thing, one is just more customizable than the other. Widgets are really the only difference.

I personally hate iTunes. I dont like the fact that you have to use It for any file transfers. Yes I know I could use other things but they are workarounds.

Btw...apple will always break records. They only have one product. It's pretty easy to market one product And apple spends more on marketing than any other manuf.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:33 PM

I have the Galaxy S3 luv it! have had friends with iphones play with it and they all say they will be getting the S3 when they are due for a new phone.
Old 09-24-2012, 07:38 PM

Apple is far too proprietary for my likes. I will be waiting on the Galaxy S4 in February.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:08 PM

I have the Galaxy3 and love it. It has an external memory card, a large screen, generic chargers attachment, is very user friendly, very customizeable, and you don't have to pay for every little app/game/widget you install.

I am annoyed w/ Apple for having their own specific charger to begin with, but even more so now that they have changed it, which may have been necessary due to size of phone, or some charging function, I don't know. But they're Apple, they could of figured out a way to make the old charger work, and all the Iaccessories people have without a cross over attachement. I think it was more a case of "people love us so much we can charge them all another $30 +/- for the cross over and they will still love us."

They certainly make a quailty product, no arguing that...everybody loves them, but at the end of the day I am very happy with owning a Galaxy.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by player86 View Post
I have the Galaxy S3 luv it! have had friends with iphones play with it and they all say they will be getting the S3 when they are due for a new phone.
X2.

I know quite a few iphone users that will be going Android.

I guess it's just whatever you like
Old 09-24-2012, 10:21 PM

I find it hilarious that people ( not saying anyone here ) hate apple solely because they make you use their system. In reality, there are millions of people that love that it is basically computers and every day gadgets for dummies.

If I can use a phone that is simple fast and effective, that makes my every day life easier, plus works flawlessly with all of my other systems, perfect.

That is my choice.

I think the argument gets outta hand when you have apple haters (basically techies that hate to be told that they have to use something) vs apple flag wavers (people who line up to buy every new version of everything that they release)

Then people get emotional over things and basically you have a ****ing contest between people that cannot see the fact that some people just like different things.
Old 09-24-2012, 10:34 PM

Default Iphone

As an iphone owner go with iPhone...not because it is an iphone because honestly comparing one phone to another is like comparing, Ford to a Chev to a Dodge...you will never get a straight answer and no answer is wrong. Pick Iphone because of the service! It is second to none...you break your screen they fix it...your phone stops working...you go into the store they give you a new one...you have questions about your phone you call and they answer them. With the service I have received I will be sticking with iPhone!

Morb
Old 09-25-2012, 08:01 AM

Quote:
I find it hilarious that people ( not saying anyone here ) hate apple solely because they make you use their system..
What's wrong with that.. I like to be able to plug my phone in at work and transfer any files I want to it without having download itunes or any application for that matter.

Go use the new maps program on the iphone 5 and you'll see exactly why I don't want to use apple's system. Don't even get me started on Flash.

Quote:
In reality, there are millions of people that love that it is basically computers and every day gadgets for dummies.
QFT..

Yep.. And as long as Apple's system will do what YOU want it to do. Then have at er..

Quote:
Pick Iphone because of the service! It is second to none...you break your screen they fix it...your phone stops working...you go into the store they give you a new one...you have questions about your phone you call and they answer them. With the service I have received I will be sticking with iPhone!
You do know that this is called a warranty. Apple has a one year warranty, you're on your own after that. Unless of course you bought extra warranty. Which btw is no different from any other phone. AND apple will only fix it if it was not caused by human error. They would not fix my wife's iphone 3gs after she dropped (and cracked) the screen even though it was only 6 months old. And yes we went to the apple store. Not trying to start an agrument, but service is completely dependant on the store, nothing to do with apple specifically.
Old 09-25-2012, 08:15 AM

Apple is known for its streamlined ease of use. As long as you do everything their way. For some users that's great.

With Android though, if you don't like something (I thought the keyboard was too big) you can fix it either with settings or with a downloaded app. On the downside it requires you to be a little more tech savvy than Apple does.

So to each their own. I suspect that in the end you'll choose between them based on their size. The Galaxy SIII is huge while the Iphone is not. Whichever suits you best.
Old 09-25-2012, 11:40 AM

S3 or galaxy nexus with jelly bean beats iphone
Old 09-25-2012, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis View Post
Apple is far too proprietary for my likes. I will be waiting on the Galaxy S4 in February.
here, here... I just can't bring myself to jump on that band wagon.
Old 09-25-2012, 02:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NSRfishing View Post
S3 or galaxy nexus with jelly bean beats iphone
Jelly Bean?? Is that the newest to ICS?
Old 09-25-2012, 02:27 PM

Jelly Bean is the latest and greatest.
Old 09-25-2012, 09:42 PM

our production manager was showing off his iphone 5, he was somewhat upset that his 7 or 8 docks at home/cars/office are not yet compatible with it.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by couleefolk View Post
our production manager was showing off his iphone 5, he was somewhat upset that his 7 or 8 docks at home/cars/office are not yet compatible with it.
Yeah like I said, gotta do things Apple's way

Android for me.
Old 09-26-2012, 08:34 AM

The new ones are compatible with all the old docks....there is a small converter box/device that was for sale before the iPhone 5 even came out so no reaosn that they shouldnt all work with it
Old 09-26-2012, 09:30 AM
Banned

Guys....

Iphone 5 first 3 days....over 5million sales

Galaxy s3 first 3 days.....around 600 000

remember apple loves to keep stuff simple and easy to use. So yes it may not be as customizable as a s3 but its shear beauty and ease of use is awesome. And yes it is easy to use! Don't blame the product or chalk it up as crap if you can't figure it out lol
Old 09-26-2012, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toirtis View Post
Agree 100%, plus my Galaxy nexus make's the wife's I-phone look like a slug. Plus I have no issues putting things on, or taking them off, unlike the proprietary I-Tunes etc crap with the I phone......... much more you can to to streamline the user interface with the androids....... I-phones you are stuck with the OS provided and you cannot tweak anything due to not being able to be a power user.
Old 09-26-2012, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLegend View Post
Guys....

Iphone 5 first 3 days....over 5million sales

Galaxy s3 first 3 days.....around 600 000

remember apple loves to keep stuff simple and easy to use. So yes it may not be as customizable as a s3 but its shear beauty and ease of use is awesome. And yes it is easy to use! Don't blame the product or chalk it up as crap if you can't figure it out lol
Hanging around all night in front of an Apple store before a product launch is this generation's Woodstock

The cult of the apple may be more devout but Samsung still outsells them overall.
Old 09-26-2012, 10:33 AM

That's the thing about cell phone sales..

You cannot compare (sales wise) the Iphone to a specific android phone. Apple only has ONE (cell) product. Samsung alone has dozens of phones and releases a new phone almost every month. Annual sales is all that matters.