Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-29-2012, 04:49 PM

I am really leaning towards the new Samsung Note II that comes out tomorrow....hard to beat that big screen and with my fingers it would be so nice to type on. I am just worried about how it would work with my MacBook Pro.
Old 10-29-2012, 05:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3589 View Post
I am really leaning towards the new Samsung Note II that comes out tomorrow....hard to beat that big screen and with my fingers it would be so nice to type on. I am just worried about how it would work with my MacBook Pro.
I've got Note version one, you won't be disappointed, I like the bigger phone, apps look better and great for movies
Old 10-29-2012, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
I've got Note version one, you won't be disappointed, I like the bigger phone, apps look better and great for movies
Yup, one bigassed phone, got one and I like it. With 16 gigs internal and 64 gigs external memory I now load all my new music as flac. files.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary Dave View Post
You just have to convert any iTunes music into mp3 format. Then you just drag n drop them onto your android device.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RWgB-VU6qmc
It will automatically take songs from Itunes to the Galaxy. Only a few formats that I had on Itunes did not transfer and had to convert to Mp3. I have had 3 iphones and one of the biggest drawbacks is iTunes, with Galaxy I can download and/or share music with other Galaxy owners. No more syncing with itunes just to add one song.
Old 10-29-2012, 07:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by harv3589 View Post
Have a macbook pro and they have just released a new Kias syncing program that is updated with the new mountain lion operating system.
Old 10-30-2012, 11:45 PM

All this Samsung and apple talk makes my head spin. I have an Sony xperia play. The one that slides open and has a built in playstaion controller in it.
Apple / Samsung owners all freak out when they see me playing Classic Nes or Snes (my generation) Games on it. And being Android it pretty much does everything the Galaxy does. Except for its Trademark goodies.

Use what you love and love what you use but I have 3 Friends who are leaving Apple this month because they are sick of trying to keep up with the I life.
Old 10-31-2012, 12:00 AM

Default Apple for Apple

Personally I have owned two IPhones and a Galaxy SII. Will not be getting another IPhone myself just for the reasoning that It works great with other apple products but is a pain in the ars for anything else (I don't use much for apple products a whole other story). I also like to tinker with things and the Android platform being fully open source allows me to do anything and everything I could ever want.

TL;DR If you use other apple products get an IPhone. If not have a look at the Android phones.

P.S whatever you do don't believe anything the "Apple Genius" tells you.....