Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 09-10-2018, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Bashaw Sports has some tremendous deals right now on shotguns.
^well, that sealed the deal for me! I thought "tremendous" might have been an exaggeration, but when I saw their VM pricing..I had to act! Even WITH tax/shipping to Ontario..the price was lower than some of the used guns I've seen come up for sale. Too good to pass-up, so thanks for the suggestion. Besides...spending money in Alberta feels good.

I did read all the comments in this thread, so thanks to everyone who chimed-in. I can't see the gun EVER being used for upland so that's of no concern, neither is warranty service to be honest. Hoping I'll never have to "eat those words" mind you, but arguably the best Remington shotgun authority in the whole country has his shop about 15 minutes north of where I live...so service isn't of concern, if its ever required.

New guns don't happen very often in my house, so I'm pretty stoked about this. Only upgrade planned is a bigger charging handle.

Cheers, and thanks again for the help,
GHGGR
Old 09-10-2018, 03:43 PM

Glad it worked out for you! I handled the Versamax before buying my Benelli. It actually fit me fairly well, and I read nothing but good things about it. Shoot straight
Old 09-11-2018, 01:05 PM

thanks sns2~that's the plan! I've been in touch with Casey @ Tac Ord here in Ontario (15 minutes up the road) re: upgraded charging handle, choke tubes, etc. He does incredible custom jobs on Remington shotguns too...though mine is most likely to remain pretty stock. Great to have a resource like that so close.