Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 03-19-2019, 05:31 PM

My grandma's drier quit drying. I spent a bit of time with it, and turns out that it was simple the vent pipe was clogged with lint. Took it out, cleaned it up, and now it works fine.
Old 03-19-2019, 05:54 PM

Just replaced our dishwasher, been having a rotten run of luck on them and only getting 4 years each out of the last two and those were both high end units (a Miele and an Electrolux). Normally I'm down to fix things, but when the repair parts cost are not that far off from an entire machine its going buh-bye. This time I went with a Kitchen Aid to match the one I just put in our bsmt.
Old 03-19-2019, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
Just replaced our dishwasher, been having a rotten run of luck on them and only getting 4 years each out of the last two and those were both high end units (a Miele and an Electrolux). Normally I'm down to fix things, but when the repair parts cost are not that far off from an entire machine its going buh-bye. This time I went with a Kitchen Aid to match the one I just put in our bsmt.
That sucks as we have a whirlpool dishwasher since we built our house in 2011. My wife loves this machine and wants to keep it....The first issue was not cleaning properly and cleaned the chopper area out. Then it clogged 2 weeks later and went and bought a new chopper...No issues since..Sundance mentioned his dishwasher was going through rinse aid like it was going out of style...LOl ...Mine was doing the same as well...Went on Amazon and bought a new detergent dispensing unit and we are back in full business...LOL

Total cost...around $100 bucks and my time ripping apart that damn dishwasher more than a few times
Old 03-20-2019, 05:45 PM

Default whirlpool cabrio washer

Just fixed up the whirlpool cabrio washer that was deafening on the spin cycle. $1000.00 machine to replace, new gearcase $321, new belt $32, gst $20, shipping $13. $385.00 all in plus time. Parts from amre in calgary. Amazing how simple these machines are to fix, it runs like a brand new machine, which it is since there aren't many moving parts in them. If you like tinkering around these appliances sure aren't rocket science to repair. Plus the scotch blood in me dosen't help either. Kind of funny how all the appliance stores said just replace it, not worth it to repair. lol

Last edited by mac1983; 03-20-2019 at 05:54 PM.
Old 03-26-2019, 08:15 PM

Kenmore HE2 drier wouldn’t go into the cycle and appeared as being on, just wouldn’t run. Did some YouTubing the last couple of days. Even I can fix these things!
Went through symptoms on-line and spent 2 hours total and $14 for a fuseable link.
Dumped a few of the back panel screws into drain with vacuum hose and ended up with two left?!! Got the first load drying now and it hasn’t blown up yet!
As I’ve said previously; I ain’t that handy. Haha.
FHD
Old 03-26-2019, 08:32 PM
Banned

Had a flat tire the other day.
Also, a fairly easy fix.
Just in case anyone was as interested as I was regarding the dryer that stopped heating.
Old 04-13-2019, 06:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiabeticKripple View Post
Bought a multimeter the other day on amazon (always good to have one) to test my oven temp sensor.

Well the pins are too small in the plug to get the resistance of the sensor, so I’m going to go out on a limb and order the part anyways.

I tried cooking stuff yesterday, oven said 350F and the manual thermometer I put in to verify said 300F so stuff took a bit longer to cook than planned.
Part was swapped out and the oven is still doing the same thing

Oven set to 425F and only got to 300F. Turned oven off and on and it showed 294F.