Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2019, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
If we cure cancer what will happen to all the billions of dollars raised during charity events?

Raising money for cancer is easy, because everyone at any time has known someone who has died of cancer somehow, and so people will give about anytime that word is mentioned.

Not too mention it is an easy way to control the population growth gradually because, well cancer is not curable.

There are charities today for everything, and we all contribute billions of dollars a year to them, Cancer and Heart and Stroke being probably the top earners.

It's a business, just like anything that has a renewable source of revenue.

So why cure cancer?
You would think differently if it was you or a family member or a young child. It's your opinion, each to there own.
Old 02-12-2019, 05:25 PM

The cure will cost $1,000,000 a dose greedy pharmacy companies will set the price.
Old 02-12-2019, 06:02 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtz View Post
You would think differently if it was you or a family member or a young child. It's your opinion, each to there own.
You are assuming that I haven't.

Cancer sucks. No doubt.

It's easy to be sympathetic towards it, which is why it's such a huge money maker.

You really think Big Pharm which gets all that money for research, is going to step forward one day and say that such and such company can cure cancer.

Big business with a self renewing resource.

Human suffering.
Old 02-12-2019, 07:10 PM

I'll weigh in with my personal views, i think im qualified given that I am currently undergoing treatment for leukemia, over the past 4 years since my diagnosis I have spent untold hours in doctors offices, dynalife labs, and on the road between lloydminster and the cross cancer institute in Edmonton., 34 trips and counting.

I have had over 250 vials of blood drawn, been poked and prodded and analyzed by countless doctors and I am dam thankfull for every one of them, they have been on top of this since day 1, my particular leukemia cannot be treated with chemotherapy as my cells are unmutated, I am on a new drug that was approved a little over a year ago, it is target specific and the side effects are minimal compared to chemo, yes it's dam expensive but who can put a value on my life, and what would that value be, do they stop treating me when the bill hits $250,000 or $500,000 or $1,000,000 ????

I have lost 2 family members to cancer in the past 3 years, I've seen it up close and personal and it's not a nice way to die and it's dam hard to watch, but it's even harder knowing what's going on inside my body, but it is what it is, I can't control it, I didn't choose it but I live with it every day, and when you live it rather than just watch it or talk about it you developed an entirely different outlook on things but especially on what is really important, I refuse to allow this to control my life, each day I do what I can and for the most part what I want, and those things that I can't do well they never really were that important anyway.

So yes I think cancer treatment is a huge business for the pharmaceutical companies and I would hate to think what was spent developing the new drug that I am on, but I'm eternally grateful for everyone that did their job developing it.

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 02-12-2019, 11:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
I'll weigh in with my personal views, i think im qualified given that I am currently undergoing treatment for leukemia, over the past 4 years since my diagnosis I have spent untold hours in doctors offices, dynalife labs, and on the road between lloydminster and the cross cancer institute in Edmonton., 34 trips and counting.

I have had over 250 vials of blood drawn, been poked and prodded and analyzed by countless doctors and I am dam thankfull for every one of them, they have been on top of this since day 1, my particular leukemia cannot be treated with chemotherapy as my cells are unmutated, I am on a new drug that was approved a little over a year ago, it is target specific and the side effects are minimal compared to chemo, yes it's dam expensive but who can put a value on my life, and what would that value be, do they stop treating me when the bill hits $250,000 or $500,000 or $1,000,000 ????

I have lost 2 family members to cancer in the past 3 years, I've seen it up close and personal and it's not a nice way to die and it's dam hard to watch, but it's even harder knowing what's going on inside my body, but it is what it is, I can't control it, I didn't choose it but I live with it every day, and when you live it rather than just watch it or talk about it you developed an entirely different outlook on things but especially on what is really important, I refuse to allow this to control my life, each day I do what I can and for the most part what I want, and those things that I can't do well they never really were that important anyway.

So yes I think cancer treatment is a huge business for the pharmaceutical companies and I would hate to think what was spent developing the new drug that I am on, but I'm eternally grateful for everyone that did their job developing it.
Good luck and god bless you.
Old 03-19-2019, 03:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Agree, Cancer common disease now. Hits all ages, health. Cancer Not a fair disease, (people whom treat body good, eat healthy, exercise (Terry Fox)), still not Immune. Wife has stage 4 kidney cancer. Removed left kidney, spleen, and 40% pancreas last summer. Now cancer has spread to her lungs (couple lesions), treating her now with Immunetherapy (boosts Immune system to attack cancer cells). Hope and pray. God Bless, and keep
Good news. Immunetherapy is working. Wife’s lesions on her lungs are reduced. First CT scan results positive reduction in lesions after 8 weeks Immunetherapy. Enjoy your moments.......
Old 03-19-2019, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Good news. Immunetherapy is working. Wife’s lesions on her lungs are reduced. First CT scan results positive reduction in lesions after 8 weeks Immunetherapy. Enjoy your moments.......
Thats great news. Keep it going!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:10 AM

Yes Big Pharma makes a lot of money, but the amount of money they spend is also huge as well. Drugs can cost billions of dollars to be approved, so of course they are going to charge for them. It is a bit of a charged topic because of the emotional connection to human health, but just like any other commodity in a market economy, the producer of said commodity needs to get paid and make a profit or they will cease to exist.
Old 03-20-2019, 10:23 AM

Quote:
That's great news for sure. I wish you folks all the best!
Old 03-20-2019, 10:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwoods View Post
Thats great news. Keep it going!
Thank You. Fingers are crossed. Mastecised Cancer, Nasty disease. Cancer Spreads fast depending type of individuals cancer. The Drug manufacturer are paying for her therapy. Canada has not been approved for Immunetherapy. Canadian Medical association needs more sample size, before making decision on Immunetherapy. Not cheap from drug standpoint at $16,000.00/session. Total approx $300,000.00. Private insurers would pick up the tab. The doctors have been great. Both the Cross Canada cancer clinic in Edmonton, and private clinics have been excellent. Both administer same product, however private clinic is less busy, quiet.

Happy Wednesday March 20th. Day of happiness.
Old 03-20-2019, 06:53 PM

Quote:
That's great news, I hope your wife kicks that cancers ass. I had a good check up at the Cross Cancer today, first one after radiation, doctors were happy with the results. I'm enjoying my moment. Good luck.
Old 03-22-2019, 01:09 AM

Worth a watch... ~12mins
https://youtu.be/qgEP9FdIzT8

Also, research FECO (which is similar to RSO, but uses alcohol as a solvent), find a clean, quality source and make your own.

I believe that these are hugely beneficial things, when take properly. They were used medicinally for thousands of years, and in many forms, before some government decided to make it illegal for unrelated, arbitrary reasons, about 100 years ago.

I had early diagnosis and a small tumour removed. I've taken infused olive oil almost daily as maintenance, and I've cut out aspartame (no pop - soda for the Americans reading), and obviously I stopped smoking. I've had clear checkups for 8 years now.

I also learned that I'm supremely allergic to the chemo that they gave me (once, right after surgery). So I had one chemo treatment, and haven't had another. And won't ever have more chemo. One of the side effects of chemo is cancer!? How does that make ANY logical sense if you're trying to cure a person? If there is a next time, I'll favour a 3 month heavy round of FECO as my primary choice of treatment.

Stay strong people. Cancer definitely sucks, but it's not always the death sentence it used to be. I encourage those affected by cancer to swing by a facebook group called 'C.K.C. Cannabis Kills Cancer'... put your questions forward there. The people running the group are survivors and are the more knowledgable bunch I've come across when it comes to specific types of cancer and specific types of protocols for natural treatment options. https://www.facebook.com/groups/423477711190826/

Good luck. God bless you all.