Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 08-14-2020, 11:27 AM

Default TFO rod repair

I broke the end section of my 9wt rod last week fishing for pike. Wife was headed into Calgary so I got here to stop in at their shop. She was in and out in 5 min with section replaced. Very happy with their service.
Old 08-14-2020, 11:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by highland View Post
I broke the end section of my 9wt rod last week fishing for pike. Wife was headed into Calgary so I got here to stop in at their shop. She was in and out in 5 min with section replaced. Very happy with their service.
Yup. Fantastic group. Broke my 6wt and 8wt on different day, replaced on same day for $35 each.

Support them however you can as there are no other companies like TFO in Calgary that can offer quick turnarounds. Sage, orvis, gloomis and other will take weeks if not months.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:04 AM

Default Five Stars

Temple Fork Outfitters (TFO) meets all my needs in a fly rod:

Speedy service is top notch
Very knowledgeable employees
Good location
Product is competitive
Unparalleled warranty

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.
Old 08-15-2020, 07:46 AM

Great outfit. When I was in the biz I was in there one day and a guy came in with waders and everything else on. He was fishing the Bow and broke a tip. He was sure if he could get it done right away but they did and he was headed back to the river again right after. Can' t beat that for service.
Old 08-15-2020, 03:09 PM

I too am a huge fan of TFO rods. I love their rods and their service has always been top notch. I used to manage a fishing store in BC and TFO was the easiest company to deal with in regards to warranty.
Old 09-01-2020, 11:57 AM

Fly rods, warranty is the name of the game, in s.alberta tfo is the best. 30$ and you get the piece then and there ( Calgary) dealt with sage, bit of a pain and more money, and months of not having a fly rod. G.loomis forget it, my Essox 10wt has easily seen over 1000 pike probably upwards of 200 walleye, and some other humdingers of the brown variety. Bought her when she first come out at wholesale years ago........ got numerous sages and gloomis, they seem to collect a lot of dust these days........fear of breaking them