Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-07-2012, 06:11 PM

May just get on that one Ken. Is there a tree cutting expidition going on this year? Would be nice to get the gang together for a day.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:33 PM

Anyone in the GP area want to go fishing tomorrow, PM me for details.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 12-10-2012, 11:41 PM

Oh, Hi everyone! im international student, wanna try ice fishing ( if u dun mind my poor english) i hv got a icefishing rod and reel, some jig, watched lots of icefishing videos on youtube, but i dun hv a car, live in Edmonton, will go anywhere at anytime ( just done all my exams :P),will pay for gas
Old 12-11-2012, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wan View Post
Oh, Hi everyone! im international student, wanna try ice fishing ( if u dun mind my poor english) i hv got a icefishing rod and reel, some jig, watched lots of icefishing videos on youtube, but i dun hv a car, live in Edmonton, will go anywhere at anytime ( just done all my exams :P),will pay for gas
Wan,
If you can go during the week I can pick you up and we can head out to a nearby lake. I have all the gear so all you need is your rod.
Old 12-11-2012, 02:25 PM

Hi everyone, I've been getting back into fishing the last couple years and finally registered after lurking on these forums for awhile. I've already learned a lot and looking to contribute and learn more in the future.

Anyway, I'm out of work until late january and looking for someone in the Calgary area to hit the ice with during the week anytime until then. I have a car and all the basic equipment for quick trips but also have access to a 2 man shack, power auger, older fish finder and underwater camera that I can borrow for the more serious trips. So far I've only been to Chestermere a couple times this year but going to Crawling Valley or Ghost this weekend with the family.

If anyone is interested in setting up a weekday trip PM me and we'll go from there. Cheers,

Rob
Old 12-11-2012, 04:57 PM

Looking to go out fishing Saturday I live In Sherwood park doesn't matter to me where we go I will pay gas got own rod and tackle
Perch 50 +
Goldeye 10
Sauger 1
Sucker 5
Old 12-11-2012, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wetchimo View Post
Wan,
If you can go during the week I can pick you up and we can head out to a nearby lake. I have all the gear so all you need is your rod.
I'm free, this whole week !
Old 12-11-2012, 10:11 PM

LOL use the private messaging system.
Old 01-15-2013, 03:11 PM
Banned

Default spring lake.

got the itch to do some trout and perch fishing. was thinking of heading to spring lake sat. have all the gear required (though my tent is just a one man), and i have the key to get right to the lake but still haven't replaced my power auger that some a-hole stole so i would like to have someone with a power auger join me.
Old 02-28-2013, 03:09 PM

Default New to area...

Hi to all. I'm new to the area and have a few questions. First off, i'm in Spruce Grove and wondering about fishing for Pike. Which lakes should i focus on ? Also, does anyone know of some lakes that have limited access ? Some of the best fishing I've done back east has been in lakes where my fishing buddy and I have had to bush whack the boat to get on the water. By no means am I looking for you to detail your "honey holes" but rather point me in the right direction ?

Thanks, Rusty
Old 03-05-2013, 10:23 PM

Default Open water

Fishing the outfall at goldbar tomorrow. I have more than enough cigars to go around so anyone is welcome to join me.
Old 06-07-2013, 12:02 PM

Default still looking for travel buddy

I am thinking I may like to go to Comox then Tofino the last week of Jun. Wondering if anyone kind enough to take me out fishing? I am from Calgary, don't have much experience of sea fishing. Would like to share a Charter for a day of fishing?
Old 06-09-2013, 06:41 PM

Hi guys,

I'm looking for a few fellow fisherman to fish with. I want guys who like to share. I'm willing to take fishing those who are also willing to take me out fishing. I have a 14 ft Naden, a 30 hp Merc, a trailer, a truck, etc..

I'm pretty easy going except for one major fault: I'm a planner. I like to plan most things in advance. I like to set up a fishing trip in advance, whether it be for the day or for the weekend. Not a month in advance,but enough in advance to be prepared and organized.

I don't care if you catch more fish than me. I don't care if you know more about fishing than me. I don't care how old you are. I'm 55 yrs old. Some of my best friends are in their late 30's, some in their mid 70's.

I'm interested in fishing with those who want to catch fish, but also with those who simply enjoy a day away from the city. I don't care if you smoke. I don't care you drink. I do care that you are reliable. I do care that you pull your own weight. If you are normal, or normalish, that's cool by me.

I feel like I'm writing one of those singles ads, but rest assured I'm a happily married man only looking for someone who is also interested in spending time fishing. I used to fish alot, but haven't in years. I plan to start fishing alot. None of my friends fish so I'm looking for someone who simply enjoys fishing.

My e-mail address is bobscobra@shaw.ca

Bobby B.

Old 06-10-2013, 01:06 PM

Heading to Wab Tuesday morning, planning on leaving Ed around 6am and my fishing partner cancelled on me... Have a small tinner and wouldnt mind some company... Just bring your stuff and we good to go... send me a PM
Old 04-24-2013, 07:56 PM

Default Walleye souther fishin derbys need a partner

Looking for someone that knows how to walleye fish want to get in them southern walleye derbys i got the boat and the fish finders just need the partner to go with in the derbys knows what they are doing thanks pm me
Old 01-31-2014, 07:45 AM

Default Hey sticky maybe we could get out fishing some day

[QUOTE=AK47;520615]So hopefuly this thread will elimate the needs of numerous threads with same purpose. Please feel free to post your searches for car ride, fishing partners, carpooling etc, etc.[/
Old 01-31-2014, 08:56 PM

A bunch of us are headed out to CVR tomorrow. We will be staying overnight and fishing Sunday. East side by the islands. White dodge with a topper, black Dakota, and a 1 ton pulling a trailer. Feel free to stop by. Shoot me a pm if any questions.
Old 02-02-2014, 11:59 AM

Thinking of heading out tomorrow, if anyone is up to join me fire me a message.

4 man tent, 20lb propane tank wit heater, flasher, camera, 2 chairs, 8" eskimo power auger, room for 1 more in my truck! Let me know
Old 04-30-2014, 11:57 AM

Talking 420 friendly fishing partner

I fish the North Sask around Edmonton, Pembina, Wabamun & a few other spots around Edmonton. Im looking for a 420 friendly fisherman looking for a good fishing buddy. I drive so I have no problem playin chauffeur. If your up for enjoying a few brew & some hairy buds lake side feel free to drop me a line.
Old 05-03-2014, 05:02 PM

Looking for a few fishing freinds.. I work shift work so I have alot of days off weedays and weekends.. Dont have to many freinds that fish.. got a 21ft hewescraft with 150 merc.. So no problem with the large lakes.. boat is all rigged out for serious fishing.. Have truck as well.. If anyone is intersted in booking up some fishing shoot me a pm..
Old 05-06-2014, 09:39 AM

Default May 9th

Looking to get out for some spring pike once the lakes open up.

Got the Friday off and will be hitting a lake around the Calgary area (haven't decided yet).
Don't have a boat so will be fishing from Shore, but more company is always welcome!
Have spare rods and gear if that's holding anyone back.

Cory
Old 05-06-2014, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cory1 View Post
Looking to get out for some spring pike once the lakes open up.

Got the Friday off and will be hitting a lake around the Calgary area (haven't decided yet).
Don't have a boat so will be fishing from Shore, but more company is always welcome!
Have spare rods and gear if that's holding anyone back.

Cory
Hey Cory

I met you out at Mcgregor with Reel Deal this winter. I wanna get out Friday as well. Let me know what you are thinking. I might even bring the boat....Just working on the motor right now
Old 05-12-2014, 12:35 PM

looking for a few fishing friends at Lacombe area.

I have just moved to Lacombe from Edmonton, and I would like to meet up with some nice folks around here and take fishing trips together.

Thanks!

Jack
Old 06-07-2014, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwampGators View Post
I fish the North Sask around Edmonton, Pembina, Wabamun & a few other spots around Edmonton. Im looking for a 420 friendly fisherman looking for a good fishing buddy. I drive so I have no problem playin chauffeur. If your up for enjoying a few brew & some hairy buds lake side feel free to drop me a line.
Hey you looking to go today or tomorrow? Been trying to find someone to go with but can't. I got bait and all my own gear. Let me know
Old 06-07-2014, 05:26 PM

Default Need a fishing buddy

Ive been trying to get out and fish the river in edmonton but only know of one good spot. I have all my own gear and I have bait. Looking to go out today and maybe tomorrow as well. I do not drive sadly but if you would like to go out and cast some lines let me know
Old 06-10-2014, 08:58 PM

Well.. I've got a cool idea.. basically I'm looking to find a guest/cohost for a fishing portion of an educational/fun youtube channel. Basically I'd be interested in finding some people to fish with that wouldnt mind being filmed.. I'm in the edmonton area.. but travel around. Ive got my gear.. filming gear, pontoon float, just missing the people.. experienced or not.. let me know!
Old 06-12-2014, 06:06 PM

In calgary, have all my gear except a boat and a ride. anyone looking for a new fishing/hunting buddy hit me up. im free weekends and most evenings, although weekends ill be getting up to the rocky mtn house area in the coming weeks.
Old 06-04-2014, 06:43 PM

Live in the Red Deer area. Love to go fishing. Spin casting particularly. I would love to learn to fly fish though. I'd like to find some nice little spots I can take my dog to. It would be nice to have a friend to go with as well.
Old 06-05-2014, 12:13 PM

Hello,

I am in Calgary and looking for good spots for fishing also appreciate good company as well if anyone is planning to go fishing PM me please.
Old 06-06-2014, 01:27 PM

Getting out this afternoon. 2 spots on the boat, going to cvr