Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-24-2019, 11:11 AM

Wanna know whats more ironic.....that lawyer was a corrections officer before he became a lawyer.

All these guys see is dollar signs.....chasing money over ethics, scumbags! Guy lives in town here
Old 09-24-2019, 12:10 PM

https://calgarysun.com/opinion/colum...box=1569329707

Well I just read that the Alberta government originally had a lawsuit in again Eddie to help recover the money spent on health care for the POS. Thankfully that's been resolved.

Time to angry yell for next little bit.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Old 09-24-2019, 05:20 PM

Default Mannnn

And his defense lawyer will make money on this schmazel.
Be nice to see a lawyer support his community and do a Pro Bono on this, showing not all lawyers have lost touch.
Old 09-24-2019, 06:25 PM

Launch a 1 million dollar counter suit.
Old 09-24-2019, 07:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Launch a 1 million dollar counter suit.
That's the problem with these crooks, how do you draw blood from a stone? Would be surprised if that bum had a $100 to his name
Old 09-24-2019, 09:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed View Post
That's the problem with these crooks, how do you draw blood from a stone? Would be surprised if that bum had a $100 to his name
If you can possibly imagine it, I hear that very line from people all the time. Daily. They are all smug, looking down their noses while looking up at me. They think they have won something.
My answer- you aren't stone, I am not looking for blood, I am looking for money. Land. Assets. At some point in your life, when you remove your head from your ass, I will be there with Judgement in hand, smiling when the Sheriff seizes it from you.
Or you can pay me, your choice.
It is extremely gratifying watching the smile fade, or hearing them breathe a little heavier on the phone, knowing that they have not gotten away with something stupid.
This guy needs to know there are consequences for break and enter, placing someone's life in danger.
Every single time someone breaks into a house, I do not care who you are or what you do, the criminal means to do you harm. You fear for your life, and better be prepared to show that when the appropriate vehicle comes to get them.

Originally Posted by Twisted Canuck
I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-26-2019, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucky_magic_stick View Post
https://calgarysun.com/opinion/colum...box=1569329707

Well I just read that the Alberta government originally had a lawsuit in again Eddie to help recover the money spent on health care for the POS. Thankfully that's been resolved.

Time to angry yell for next little bit.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
This bothers me more than the scumbag suing. It certainly shows what the NDP government thought about people protecting themselves and their property from criminals.

Gerry Burnie
Old 09-26-2019, 11:48 AM

What really bugs me about poor Eddie’s situation is that the government was trying to sue him for healthcare costs. That is total BS. Healthcare is “free”. Let me repeat that; healthcare is “free”. One more time to let it really sink in; healthcare is “free”. How can he be charged for a service that is “free”?

I know, I know, I know what you want to say; and it’s hogwash. Sorry to tell you this, but it’s utter BS what you want to say. IN CANADA HEALTHCARE IS “FREE”!!!!

I hear it even on this website all the time where people want certain people to pay for certain things because of, let’s call it, life choices. It’s BS. Until every person is 100% responsible for all of there costs personally or the injuries caused to somebody else by their actions; everyone needs to shut up about it and pull their heads out of their backsides. Healthcare is “free”. So until the hockey player pays for his injuries, I pay for my future cheeseburger-induced triple bypass, the driving while texting pays for all the whiplash claims, the citizen pays for their flu shot.......... then nobody pays. Nobody!!!

Then the government of all people decide that he should be the first Canadian to pay for healthcare. What a damned joke. OK, sorry, rant over. This is a topic that really irks me though.
Old 09-27-2019, 09:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCC View Post
This bothers me more than the scumbag suing. It certainly shows what the NDP government thought about people protecting themselves and their property from criminals.
Do you know that this was started by the NDP? I mean I love to bash them as much as the next guy, but I think it is more likely the fault of an over-reaching bureaucrat than a government minister.

It would set an interesting precedent; just imagine if they extended the same thought process to automobile accidents. If you are at fault you are liable for the medical costs of all involved...

ARG

Quote:
Originally Posted by sjemac View Post
It has been scientifically proven that a 308 round will not leave your property -- they essentially fall dead at the fence line. But a 38 round, when fired from a handgun, will of its own accord leave your property and destroy any small schools nearby.
Old 09-27-2019, 12:57 PM

I guess we cant fire warning shots so dont miss
Old 09-27-2019, 02:52 PM

If this dirtbag wins it is going to set a dangerous precedent. They will target nicer homes and beg to get shot. You city guys will be visited more, they know us rural fellas are better shots and have big equipment!

I wasn't thinking far enough ahead for an outcome, I was ranting. By definition, a rant doesn't imply much forethought.....
Old 09-27-2019, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken07AOVette View Post
If this dirtbag wins it is going to set a dangerous precedent. They will target nicer homes and beg to get shot. You city guys will be visited more, they know us rural fellas are better shots and have big equipment!
If the courts allow this case to go through, there should be the biggest property owner protest this province has ever seen on the Legislative grounds.

This thief should have to pay the property owners legal costs and be jailed for wasting court time! His lawyer should be reprimanded as well for accepting such a frivolous BS case.

BW
Old 09-27-2019, 04:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JReed View Post
Wanna know whats more ironic.....that lawyer was a corrections officer before he became a lawyer.

All these guys see is dollar signs.....chasing money over ethics, scumbags! Guy lives in town here
That lawyer was a corrections officer?? Dude looks like he could be mugged of his lunch money by a 9 year old.... I can’t recall his name so I’ll just refer to him as Poindexter Eggplant.
Old 10-08-2019, 06:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pikergolf View Post
I'd love to see a counter suit for 150 grand. Ptsd and all that. Hell I'd put money in for a lawyer.
How awesome is this!

https://medicinehatnews.com/news/nat...-shot-in-2018/

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-08-2019, 06:39 PM
Banned

Quote:
I heard about that on the radio today, now is the time for that judge to show he deserves his job.
Old 10-08-2019, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Other than the miscarriage and trauma they are supposedly experiencing, well deserved for sure. I bet the loser victim figured he was going to walk away with bundles of cash. Nope.

Old 10-08-2019, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaberTosser View Post
On the other hand, it that perp was given 10K he’d probably OD within a week.
I'm in for the first $20 ....

my contribution to clean up the streets.
Old 10-08-2019, 08:38 PM

Great news, I hope there is some justice found in this world for once.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:24 AM

Quote:
I'd love to see a counter suit for 150 grand. Ptsd and all that. Hell I'd put money in for a lawyer.
You can. Google eddie maurice defense fund and click on contribute. Visa, master card and probably other options for payment. My $50 went in the other day.
Old 10-09-2019, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabbo View Post
You can. Google eddie maurice defense fund and click on contribute. Visa, master card and probably other options for payment. My $50 went in the other day.
Done.

Thomas Sowell
Old 10-09-2019, 09:09 AM

....wow....
Old 10-09-2019, 10:06 AM
Banned

Only in Canada can the media portray the criminals as the victims and the courts play along. Disgraceful.
Old 10-09-2019, 10:37 AM

Quote:
Outstanding!!!. I love the fact that Premier Kenney donated $100 to the cause. I don't like the man personally but he does get a lot right. Kinda how I feel about Trump too.
Old 10-12-2019, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
What really bugs me about poor Eddie’s situation is that the government was trying to sue him for healthcare costs. That is total BS. Healthcare is “free”. Let me repeat that; healthcare is “free”. One more time to let it really sink in; healthcare is “free”. How can he be charged for a service that is “free”?

I know, I know, I know what you want to say; and it’s hogwash. Sorry to tell you this, but it’s utter BS what you want to say. IN CANADA HEALTHCARE IS “FREE”!!!!

I hear it even on this website all the time where people want certain people to pay for certain things because of, let’s call it, life choices. It’s BS. Until every person is 100% responsible for all of there costs personally or the injuries caused to somebody else by their actions; everyone needs to shut up about it and pull their heads out of their backsides. Healthcare is “free”. So until the hockey player pays for his injuries, I pay for my future cheeseburger-induced triple bypass, the driving while texting pays for all the whiplash claims, the citizen pays for their flu shot.......... then nobody pays. Nobody!!!

Then the government of all people decide that he should be the first Canadian to pay for healthcare. What a damned joke. OK, sorry, rant over. This is a topic that really irks me though.
Unfortunately-AHS has the right to subrogate all/part of their costs if negligence could be proven.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by omega50 View Post
Unfortunately-AHS has the right to subrogate all/part of their costs if negligence could be proven.
In every single incident or sickness I bet that it can be traced back to some form of negligence. It is hogwash. Nobody has ever paid, until everybody pays, nobody should have to pay under any circumstance. Healthcare is free in Canada no one has to pay no matter how poor of life choices we make.
Old 10-12-2019, 02:37 PM

Heathcare is free....LOL Now that's a good one...
Old 10-12-2019, 02:37 PM

And this is why a lot of people have a dont call the cops policy
Old 10-12-2019, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post

Dave Barry on medicare,

"IF you think health care is expensive now, just wait until it is free."

Good Luck, YMMV.
Old 10-12-2019, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gevarm guy View Post
Heathcare is free....LOL Now that's a good one...
How true!!!