Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 03-15-2020, 05:45 AM

Default Tikka m65

Hi all.due to a death in the family I am in southern Ontario for a few weeks.while browsing through used guns at Cabela’s I saw a beat up m65 in 30-06 for 400$.the bluing is pretty well gone and the wood looks like a raw 2x4 with not much finish remaining.i didn’t actually handle the gun but assuming the bore is good and the action smooth is this a safe place to park 400$?the gun will eventually be sold as I’m a lefty and it is right.just looking for something to guard my toilet paper and a bit of a project maybe while I’m here.thanks!
Old 03-15-2020, 07:25 AM

The M65 is a great action far superiority the T3 IMO
Cat
Old 03-15-2020, 08:42 AM

Default m65

I have a m55 that I am starting on for my son to shoot this coming season. Cut the stock to allow for recoil pad, will bed action, then strip the varnish and refinish in oil.
The m65 is the long action version. Many think these were the best tikka ever made. Smooth, all steel, great trigger, nice balance and feel. The one I have is very accurate, and they reputedly all were. Got too expensive to produce.
Tradex commonly has them and in great shape they are usually over 750 for comparison.
USOG has videos on them on youtube.
Good luck
Vance
Old 03-15-2020, 08:58 AM

Thanks for the replies sounds like it ought to be worth the 400$ might check later today and have a better look at it.being 20 minutes from Cabela’s can be dangerous
Old 03-15-2020, 09:10 AM

I would buy it in a heart beat.
Old 03-15-2020, 09:40 AM
Banned

Make sure the clip is with it. They are expensive and can be hard to find.
Old 03-15-2020, 10:52 AM

DH's comment about the mag is spot on. Rebluing the gun will cost you about 3-400 depending on how much buffing it needs. Refinish the stock you can easily do yourself. If the barrel is in good shape $400 is not too bad but I would see if they will haggle a bit. I have had success getting Cabela's to come down some in the used gun departments. Especially right now when sales are really in the dumper.

Condolences on your loss.
Old 03-15-2020, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dean2 View Post
DH's comment about the mag is spot on. Rebluing the gun will cost you about 3-400 depending on how much buffing it needs. Refinish the stock you can easily do yourself. If the barrel is in good shape $400 is not too bad but I would see if they will haggle a bit. I have had success getting Cabela's to come down some in the used gun departments. Especially right now when sales are really in the dumper.

Condolences on your loss.
Will definitely try haggling.never tried that with Cabela’s before.hopefully they will be open for business and I can handle the rifle.thanks for the info and condolences.dad was a mentor role model and my hunting partner for many years he will be missed