Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 05-31-2022, 01:12 PM
Banned

Default AR platform, disassembly tool

Any brand tools that's good for disassembling AR 15 style firearms?

Thanks.
Old 05-31-2022, 01:15 PM

Hi EE. I can't answer your question offhand, but this may be a terribly bad day to ask, so I'm going be as helpful as I can right now.

I'm going to ask that anyone who responds, please only answer his question and suggest a tool. Please don't take this down any other route. We all know the ARs are prohib and banned. Let's not make this thread, about that. He asked a legitimate question asking for suggestions.

Thanks in advance.

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 05-31-2022, 01:16 PM

Deleted as Mod and I posted at the same time.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:39 PM

What type of tool are you looking for? Barrel wrench, action block, punches etc…. Any action block should work for barrel swaps. I have a cheap brownells block. A Standard set of brass punches should work for punching out pins on front sight post. Magpul and weaver makes decent multi tool barrel wrenches. Don’t need anything special as they are extremely simple machines. I’ve built ARs using just the wrench and action block. If you take a hockey puck and drill a 1/2” hole through it that works for punching pins and is a cheap alternative. I do that for armoring the classic line of sig pistols and the new p320s. No need to get crazy with the tools.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:51 PM
Banned

I have the Magpul armorer’s wrench, well made tool IMO.

https://offbase.co/products/magpul-a...rmorers-wrench

Last edited by crazy_davey; 05-31-2022 at 07:02 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 06:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
What type of tool are you looking for? Barrel wrench, action block, punches etc…. Any action block should work for barrel swaps. I have a cheap brownells block. A Standard set of brass punches should work for punching out pins on front sight post. Magpul and weaver makes decent multi tool barrel wrenches. Don’t need anything special as they are extremely simple machines. I’ve built ARs using just the wrench and action block. If you take a hockey puck and drill a 1/2” hole through it that works for punching pins and is a cheap alternative. I do that for armoring the classic line of sig pistols and the new p320s. No need to get crazy with the tools.
I just need an armorer's wrench to remove the barrel from the receiver and to remove the buttstock as well. As per the block. I currently have one in possession.

For the sights, mine is an aftermarket already. I don't need to remove a USGI sight/gas block.

Was looking at the "MAGPUL ARMORERS WRENCH - AR15". Though, unsure if it will do the job for me.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EdmontonEli View Post
I just need an armorer's wrench to remove the barrel from the receiver and to remove the buttstock as well. As per the block. I currently have one in possession.

For the sights, mine is an aftermarket already. I don't need to remove a USGI sight/gas block.

Was looking at the "MAGPUL ARMORERS WRENCH - AR15". Though, unsure if it will do the job for me.
Yes the magpul armorer wrench will work. Used one to take the barrel off as well as to work on the castle nut.
Old 06-01-2022, 03:55 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Yes the magpul armorer wrench will work. Used one to take the barrel off as well as to work on the castle nut.
Thanks. Will order one. Looks to be expensive, but it's a lifetime tool imho.