Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 04-24-2010, 08:21 AM

this is so funny ... i was in a shop looking to set up my bow.... the shop does not deal with mathews bows and my cuz wanted to do the same he had a pse which they do deal ... he had mention to the service guy that i was going to come in with my mathews and all the service peeps were bashing mathews ... i got there and never heard a peep form them ... ignored me the whole time i was shooting haha.... i was a club member to those lanes for 10 years before ..... but again owners change hands and then you get the crap lol.... well now i drive a hour instead of 10 min to shoot at a lanes and shopping aswell... i stop in once in awhile just to say hi to the guys and look around and tell them i do not shop there.... lol
Old 04-29-2010, 06:34 AM

Interesting thread.I haven't shot a bow in about 4 years,(sold my bow last summer) and got the bug this spring to shoot again.I researched which bow i wanted and made my choice.Bought it from R.A.C and so far have had great service from them.Zero complaints and lots of help getting it to shoot well.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMedic View Post

This topic should have been left to rest. Why make it any worse?
the only way topics get "left to rest" on any forum is that they get resolved OR the mod closes it. If a person doesn't want to lose control of his or her "message", the best thing to do is to not post any thing at all.

Funny how that sounds exactly like what our parents used to tell us eh?
Old 04-29-2010, 09:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BowMedic View Post
Why should it be up to the customer to resolve the problem. The reply he got back from 3Dforme was great. First chance for an apologie gone out the window. If I let you do a head mount and U ripped me off. I sure wouldn't be talking to you about it. That is the bussiness owner resposibilty. Why should the customer have to go try to fix it. Thats just bad bussiness, plain and simple. Its not his problem. But its great to see this post living, keep it on the top. Because like you said, you can tell alot about a person the way they handle the situation. I think that sums it up. What do you think about the way they handle the situation Marco.
X2 It is the responsibility of the service/goods provider to deal with an unhappy customer, not the customers. The customer has already dealt with it by proclaiming to all that he was unhappy and he would take his business elsewhere. No where in any of the extensive amount of sales training did I ever hear that it was the responsibility of both the customer (ie; the wronged party) and the provider to com to terms and resolve any issues. If the shop wants that customer back then step up to the plate! The bashing and belittling of the op's original statements and feeling on how he was dealt with is from what I was taught the absolute worst way of dealing with it, especially on a public forum.
Old 04-29-2010, 09:44 AM

Dakota, it's pretty hard to resolve an issue without being made aware of it to start with and then having the customer poisoning the well by complaining very publicly to everyone else.

have a nice day every one...

http://notalwaysright.com/
Old 04-29-2010, 01:13 PM

Seems to me that Marco has repeatedly hit the nail on the head.

If one takes a good look at this forum discussion, one would find a huge amount of criticism of shops.

A wise man once said " Opinions are like belly buttons. Everybody hes one, they aren't good for anything and you'd feel left out if you didn't have one."
Old 04-30-2010, 05:53 AM
Banned

Well thats the first I heard of the customer having to work on the relationship with the bussiness owner. Service is everything, with out it you have nothing. Never try telling the customer what to do or force him into doing something. The customer is always right no matter if he wrong or not. In this case everyone thinks windknot is wrong, I don't think so, what about the rest people that had bad experences there? They better post there Phone# to resolve these issues. Again not the customer responsiblity. There Is such a thing called PM's. If they wanted to resolve these issues out of the public eye the could use them. But thats right we all went in there to have a bad experence and ruin our day. Again the customers fault never the bussiness owner fault. Its a 50/50 relationship. B.S.
Old 04-30-2010, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrawn View Post
Well thats the first I heard of the customer having to work on the relationship with the bussiness owner. Service is everything, with out it you have nothing. Never try telling the customer what to do or force him into doing something. The customer is always right no matter if he wrong or not. In this case everyone thinks windknot is wrong, I don't think so, what about the rest people that had bad experences there? They better post there Phone# to resolve these issues. Again not the customer responsiblity. There Is such a thing called PM's. If they wanted to resolve these issues out of the public eye the could use them. But thats right we all went in there to have a bad experence and ruin our day. Again the customers fault never the bussiness owner fault. Its a 50/50 relationship. B.S.
It sure is Windknot is Wrong in his ways.

How is a Business supposed to fix problems, if there was a problem if the customer does not tell them they are not happy with the service.

First thing he should have done is confronted them and told them he was not happy with the way he was treated. coming on a public forum and complaining when he has not let the people included in the deal know he was not happy is ChickenS#$t way of doing it. Go to them and tell them you are not happy if they dont try to fix things then by all means do what you think is right but until then quit whining
Old 04-30-2010, 06:48 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trav View Post
It sure is Windknot is Wrong in his ways.

How is a Business supposed to fix problems, if there was a problem if the customer does not tell them they are not happy with the service.

First thing he should have done is confronted them and told them he was not happy with the way he was treated. coming on a public forum and complaining when he has not let the people included in the deal know he was not happy is ChickenS#$t way of doing it. Go to them and tell them you are not happy if they dont try to fix things then by all means do what you think is right but until then quit whining
Well for starters after he paid and said he would be back another day they could have stoped him from walking out. Considering he paid his lane fees. It kind of sounds like you have no bussiness sense. An unhappy client will never tell the bussiness they just won't call you back or visit you again, and the word will spread. Thats the hard truth. You will never hear from an unhappy client, but you will sure hear about them. If you don't take care of your customers someone else will. I don't think it is chicken, its just the truth. But defend, defend defend. Make them look great when an apoligie would have be the best response.

Instead of being full of insults.
Old 04-30-2010, 07:33 PM

WOW this is realy going on for ever. They new I was mad when I left. How could have they not, even when I paid for my lane fees and walked out. It realy go to show your integrity when you can't even apoligize. So if anyone has something to say to me say it. If not this should have be over with on the first page like I asked. I realy don't CAREany more and none of you should to.

They can contact me through my PM if they have somthing to say.

See ya all out there if I already haven't????
Old 05-02-2010, 11:30 PM

Forget your password?
Old 05-03-2010, 10:22 PM

Be careful, WindknotII is cranky when he is in PM mode. Sent me a doozie this morning over the above comment.

Old 05-04-2010, 05:30 AM
Banned

220swifty you sure do show alot of integrity. I guess sugercreek was right when he said you can tell alot about a person the way they react to situations. Atleast WindknotII decided to keep it in a PM. You sure do alot of justice for yourself. Great first impression Vince.
Old 05-04-2010, 07:22 AM

I work in an archery shop an most times you are dammed if you do and dammed if you don`t. It seems everyone has a buddy who is an expert.

I have never been to the shop in ?? but my bro-inlaw (lives in reddeer)who new nothing about bows took his bow and 2 dozen alum arrows to this shop to be set up.Seems they told him the samething alum were no good.LOL He came home with a dozen carbons .
Old 05-04-2010, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overdrawn View Post
220swifty you sure do show alot of integrity. I guess sugercreek was right when he said you can tell alot about a person the way they react to situations. Atleast WindknotII decided to keep it in a PM. You sure do alot of justice for yourself. Great first impression Vince.
PM sent, chill out dude, I didn't ask him to PM me an insult.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:02 PM

I drove in to Red Deer today to pick up my bow from this shop after having dropped it off there a few days ago to have a new string and cable installed. I was entirely pleased and satisfied with the job they did and experienced the very same prompt, friendly and competent service I have always received there.
I didn't notice any aluminum arrows there, Windknot, but then I didn't see any Model Ts in the show room the last time I was in my Ford dealership either.

P.S. They are moving to new premises in a couple of weeks and will have a full 40 yard indoor range at the new facility.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:08 PM

Where is the new facility? Will be nice to have somewhere to shoot when it's shopping time>
Old 05-14-2010, 10:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlered View Post
Where is the new facility? Will be nice to have somewhere to shoot when it's shopping time>
I think she said in the Sports Replay blg. on the truck route. I don't shoot indoors much so I didn't pay as close attention to that as I might have but I'm pretty sure that's what she said. Whatever the case, I'll contintinue to deal with them. Good people.
Old 05-16-2010, 12:17 AM

Sounds like the Alsports Replay building 1 block north and 1 block west of Superstore downtown.
Old 05-16-2010, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slipbobber View Post
Sounds like the Alsports Replay building 1 block north and 1 block west of Superstore downtown.
Yeah. That describes the location better than I did. Thanks.