Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 10-04-2022, 06:42 PM

Default Great Falls undercover oops!

First let me say hello to the forum, good to finally join, I will finally get to see all the pictures. This might be worthy of a first post.
This post is related to one runcle of the bailey issued a few days ago about the Great Falls gun show in late September. Involving the RCMP and ATF and not informing everyone of their activities. Attached is a police report of what transpired that day.
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/attac...1&d=1664930352

Hope that worked.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 633635f8abc3e.pdf.pdf (77.5 KB, 397 views)
Old 10-04-2022, 07:09 PM

So a Canadian cop went across the border without authorization to conduct and investigation? That’s whacked.
Old 10-04-2022, 07:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
So a Canadian cop went across the border without authorization to conduct and investigation? That’s whacked.
He never checked but figured it’s ok….. what next Chinese cops setting up shop in Canada?
Old 10-04-2022, 07:19 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

So where are we going with this?

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 10-04-2022, 07:20 PM

Next thing you know, Federal Cabinet Ministers will be back dating documents submitted to judges, dated April 31st....

https://tnc.news/2022/10/04/minister...ted-documents/

'You can accomplish a lot more with a kind word and a gun, than with a kind word alone.' Al Capone
Old 10-04-2022, 07:27 PM
Banned

wife was listening to great falls news the other day and it made the news down there too. man, where is this going to end?
Old 10-04-2022, 08:26 PM

I’ve met that RAC. Glad I wasn’t around for that conversation lol. Reminds me of some I get to escape when my sergeant and captain are involved!
Old 10-04-2022, 08:33 PM

Default Great Falls undercover oops!

It has occurred in the past when returning to Canada from the U.S. when crossing at Coutts/Sweetgrass that you will be questioned leaving the U.S. at that outbuilding that almost never gets used, but has been manned for amber alerts, escaped criminals, and coincidentally when a gun show is in Great Falls.
Old 10-04-2022, 08:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
https://www.montanarightnow.com/grea...d335a2466.html

It was a combine RCMP and ATF undercover operation.

They didn’t tell Montana police so the Montana police asked them to stop and they did.

Not really a story.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-04-2022, 08:45 PM

royal gestapo officers and their cronies going way offside? No, that never happens

Sheriff should have put them in front of a pro 2A judge. Now that would have been worth watching.

FYI, they have cameras at cabelas in Kalispell. If you stop there with a Canadian plate, they stop and search you at the border. You know, for safety
Old 10-04-2022, 09:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

They didn’t tell Montana police so the Montana police asked them to stop and they did.

Not really a story.
Seems like it's a bit more complicated than that....

City police, "loaned" to the RCMP, working with the ATF, working in a foreign nation, and all three agency's "forgot" to inform LEO in said foreign nation? Just randomly speculating, watching people at shows.

I feel Canadian police watching Canadian citizens in a foreign country is quite similar to Chinese police watching Chinese citizens in a foreign country, and feel both are news worthy.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3blade View Post
royal gestapo officers and their cronies going way offside? No, that never happens

Sheriff should have put them in front of a pro 2A judge. Now that would have been worth watching.

FYI, they have cameras at cabelas in Kalispell. If you stop there with a Canadian plate, they stop and search you at the border. You know, for safety
I have been in Kalispell Cabelas many times and have never been searched at the border.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trochu View Post

City police, "loaned" to the RCMP, working with the ATF, working in a foreign nation, and all three agency's "forgot" to inform LEO in said foreign nation? Just randomly speculating, watching people at shows.

I feel Canadian police watching Canadian citizens in a foreign country is quite similar to Chinese police watching Chinese citizens in a foreign country, and feel both are news worthy.
I don’t know. Feels like the typical story missing info and jumping to conclusions.

For instance… is it the RCMP’s responsibility to inform all levels of enforcement in the US or is it the lead US agency… in this case the ATF.

Is this really that serious or just exaggeration of a story to sell news to the frothing masses.

Not saying you are wrong…

But with what we know it sounds like nothing more than an administrative ops on the part of the ATF… or someone in Montana forgot to read an email memo?
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 10-04-2022, 09:23 PM

Quote:

It is absolutely ridiculous, that police would be operating in a foreign country, without the local authorities being aware of their presence. It's too bad the Montana police didn't haul in these foreigners, and treat them to a cavity search.
Old 10-04-2022, 09:26 PM

Wut in he!! are they doing in Great Falls? There's not a lot of roads northbound & not many border crossings. This cloak & dagger stuff really did the deed on the Wortman file, they KNEW what he had & where it came from.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 10-04-2022, 09:28 PM

Default When did Kalispell get a Cabelas?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
I have been in Kalispell Cabelas many times and have never been searched at the border.
I haven't been there in a decade or more since we can't buy reloading components.All they had was Snappy's and Sportsman Haus .
Old 10-04-2022, 10:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lannie View Post
Same here and have been at many Cabelas and Scheels and have never been searched.
Just a BS fear mongering story.
Old 10-04-2022, 11:58 PM
Banned

Quote:

Hahahahah
Now I’ve heard it all

Go across the street to the ski haus
They have way better quality stuff there
And no cameras lol
Old 10-05-2022, 12:38 AM
Banned

Quote:
Sorry bud, was just there. Not true. I have a criminal record, if they would have checked anybody, they would have checked me, they didn’t.

And yes, I have a waiver for crossing into the US.
Old 10-05-2022, 07:25 AM

In the US un armed and dealing with big bad gun smugglers ? Even the chick working at the gun show pegged the under cover cop as a potential thief and called the local sharks. What a joke.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:13 AM

Quote:

x2, no different.

Grizz

Isaiah 5:8
Old 10-05-2022, 08:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post

Not really a story.
True enough. It's embarrassing but it's not the fault of any Canadian police institution. They were a unit in an operation that was led by the ATF. The ATF failed to pass this on to the local police and supervise the operation. Thats where the problem lies.........with the ATF. Most of the comments here are so way off they are laughable. We tell the government to leave us law abiding firearms owners alone and go after the smugglers. Well that is what was going on.
Old 10-05-2022, 08:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
True enough. It's embarrassing but it's not the fault of any Canadian police institution. They were a unit in an operation that was led by the ATF. The ATF failed to pass this on to the local police and supervise the operation. Thats where the problem lies.........with the ATF. Most of the comments here are so way off they are laughable. We tell the government to leave us law abiding firearms owners alone and go after the smugglers. Well that is what was going on.
Hmm reading the report it says they (atf) notified the great falls police department. The sheriff claimed the pd has no jurisdiction in the fair grounds, which are entirely within the limits of the city of great falls. Generally sheriffs do not handle city calls as they have their own police and focus on county calls. Sounds like a sheriff upset he was left in the dark and now claiming he controls something that his office would generally avoid.
Old 10-05-2022, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CNP View Post
We tell the government to leave us law abiding firearms owners alone and go after the smugglers. Well that is what was going on.
Sounds like more of a hope and a prayer to me and harassing what are more likely than not, legal gun owners when they cross the border.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:19 AM

Quote:
Sounds like more of a hope and a prayer to me and harassing what are more likely than not, legal gun owners when they cross the border.
They may catch the handloader smuggling a bag of brass or bullets across the border, from the show. Judging by the delays in processing PAL renewals, and transferring firearms, the government/RCMP seems to capitalize on every opportunity to harass legal firearms owners.

Last edited by elkhunter11; 10-05-2022 at 10:26 AM.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
They may catch the handloader smuggling a bag of brass or bullets across the border, from the show. Judging by the delays in processing PAL renewals, and transferring firearms, the government/RCMP seems to capitalize on every opportunity to harass legal firearms owners.
Trudeau is working hard with Biden to do everything possible to discourage law abiding working people to own forearms. With the costs and legislation restrictions it will force young people from owning firearms lawfully. The foxes are ruling the hen house.
Old 10-05-2022, 10:45 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
Hmm reading the report it says they (atf) notified the great falls police department. The sheriff claimed the pd has no jurisdiction in the fair grounds, which are entirely within the limits of the city of great falls. Generally sheriffs do not handle city calls as they have their own police and focus on county calls. Sounds like a sheriff upset he was left in the dark and now claiming he controls something that his office would generally avoid.
How did nobody else see this? This isn’t an international incident with the RCMP going all cowboy, it’s the county sherrif and the city police having a jurisdictional dispute.

There’s not enough information here to make any determination about what the Canadian officer and ATF were looking for.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtruckin View Post
The politics between a city pd, sheriffs and ATF aside, Canadian police were working with the ATF and responsible to the ATF. The buck stops with the ATF.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:09 AM

Quote:
What would legal gun owners be doing at a gun show in the US? Looking is fine, purchasing items that are not controlled is fine but as soon as a purchase of a controlled item is made then that crosses a line. I have no problem with the entire operation. Let the cops do their job and bust criminals. If you're not a criminal you have nothing to worry about.
Old 10-05-2022, 11:14 AM

If they somehow do catch a firearms smuggler, I just hope that they are charged in the USA, and go to court there, because in Canada, they will just get a slap on the wrist , and be right back smuggling in short order.

Quote:
What would legal gun owners be doing at a gun show in the US? Looking is fine, purchasing items that are not controlled is fine but as soon as a purchase of a controlled item is made then that crosses a line.
In that situation, the person would be violating American laws, so it should be handled by American police, and American courts.