Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 03-02-2016, 07:50 PM

Default job

I'm looking for job.. already 3 weeks . somebody who get fired from company where i worked, get the job as general manager... WF i did clean up to the site she left -financially around -3.5Mi. recovered most.
She get the job (and she was fired) and I don't have any interview so far 50 applications!!! ,I get laid off (lack of work) ... I think its the discrimination here in Ca. I was not born here in Ca.... sorry folks....
Old 03-02-2016, 08:37 PM
Banned

Keep your chin up!

Last edited by Domestique; 03-02-2016 at 08:46 PM.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:43 PM

Don't focus on what others have. Take your resume to a career centre (Alberta Works) and have them take a look at it.

3 weeks is not a long time to find a job, don't lose hope.
Old 03-02-2016, 08:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by masalma View Post
Don't focus on what others have. Take your resume to a career centre (Alberta Works) and have them take a look at it.

Hi. I did it already, no responses at all.
I know my En writing is bad. Im not targeting any jobs as PM or so... I just told what I did . The point is Trudeau government is taking 20 t refugees to Ca. and not taking care about people who already legally live in the country...
In My life I newer had any lessons in En sorry. And i got send to clean the mess for some who was born here... More likely the same mess will be again... Just enjoy...
Im Just upset .
I like to live her .. I like nature, hunting and fishing possibilities, they are not what we do have in Europe...
Old 03-02-2016, 08:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Domestique View Post
Keep your chin up!
Thanks,
Old 03-02-2016, 09:00 PM

Quote:

Thanks for understanding..
Old 03-02-2016, 09:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lotars View Post
Hi. I did it already, no responses at all.
I know my En writing is bad. Im not targeting any jobs as PM or so... I just told what I did . The point is Trudeau government is taking 20 t refugees to Ca. and not taking care about people who already legally live in the country...
In My life I newer had any lessons in En sorry. And i got send to clean the mess for some who was born here... More likely the same mess will be again... Just enjoy...
Im Just upset .
I like to live her .. I like nature, hunting and fishing possibilities, they are not what we do have in Europe...
Try this

https://alis.alberta.ca/ep/eps/hotline/resume.html

They provide online review service for resumes.

Don't forget, looking for a job is a full time job.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:21 PM

there is a lot to be said for working at a entry level customer service job. (tim hortons, etc).
it puts you in direct contact with potential employers, new jobs, and career choices with every customer that you meet.
a positive attitude and a greeting to a potential employer will go a long ways if you get into a interveiw with that group.
job hunting is like deer hunting you have to go were the deer are, and study what your quarry needs and adapt to that task.

my stepdaughter got a recall to her full-time position that she had been dismissed from a few months ago..so if that means anything about the economy

weatherby fans clik here....
http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/group.php?groupid=31
Old 03-02-2016, 09:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Try this

https://alis.alberta.ca/ep/eps/hotline/resume.html

They provide online review service for resumes.

Don't forget, looking for a job is a full time job.
True.

My sister has used this site and it has improved her opportunities.
Old 03-02-2016, 09:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roger View Post
there is a lot to be said for working at a entry level customer service job. (tim hortons, etc).
it puts you in direct contact with potential employers, new jobs, and career choices with every customer that you meet.
a positive attitude and a greeting to a potential employer will go a long ways if you get into a interveiw with that group.
job hunting is like deer hunting you have to go were the deer are, and study what your quarry needs and adapt to that task.

my stepdaughter got a recall to her full-time position that she had been dismissed from a few months ago..so if that means anything about the economy
Thanks Roger... I newer afraid for any jobs . In Ca i did long haul truck driving for 1.5 y, and laborer in framing company.... I will take any opportunity to survive in this economical situation to support my family, and the right time will come like always.
Our industrial division get shut down at all... I survived all lay off's except the last one where everybody who was stil there, get laid off..
Closed Thread