Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-19-2021, 12:35 PM

No one should be suprised, Biden made it clear that he was going to stop the pipeline. Kenny made a bad decision and gambled our money away.

In my mind the XL actually benifits the US. And gives very little benefit to us, compared to other pipeline options.
But we live in reverse O world today, nothing can suprise me!
Old 01-19-2021, 01:03 PM

Kenney bet on the wrong horse!

If I were your financial planner, and I called you up and said to you "you really NEED to invest into this pipeline." Even though other, more experienced investors were looking to divest, I assured you that investing your nest egg was not only a good idea, It was the best idea for your financial future. So you did, like Alberta did with $1,500,000,000.00 of our nest egg.

What would you say to your wife when it became clear that your financial planner was 180 degrees wrong with that investment?

I know what I'd be saying, after the string of profanity that would come out first. "That Pr!3k is F@@ King Fired!

But this is different how? Because we Albertans hate the Libtards? And the UCP are our guys?
His risk from buying into this pipeline could have been decided with the flip of a coin. Yes it will work, No it won't. The stakes are too high to take that kind of financial risk.

Time to fall on your sword, make room for someone with some actual business experience, and go away.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:07 PM

I've spent the last 5 years listening to Canadian based oil and gas companies talk about how all cap-ex was going south as US was more tax, regulatory and ROI friendly. XL will be a hit to us for sure, but I'm angling on the possibility of a return to Canada for O&G investment once the full weight of Biden's policies hinder domestic production and business in general.

If nothing else, we'll at least be on equal footing again with 2 liberal, SJW climate pumpers at the helm. Mutual misery, but the US will have to endure the same initial majority (or whatever they call it) as we did.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pekan View Post

If I were your financial planner, and I called you up and said to you "you really NEED to invest into this pipeline." Even though other, more experienced investors were looking to divest, I assured you that investing your nest egg was not only a good idea, It was the best idea for your financial future. So you did, like Alberta did with $1,500,000,000.00 of our nest egg.

What would you say to your wife when it became clear that your financial planner was 180 degrees wrong with that investment?

I know what I'd be saying, after the string of profanity that would come out first. "That Pr!3k is F@@ King Fired!

But this is different how? Because we Albertans hate the Libtards? And the UCP are our guys?
His risk from buying into this pipeline could have been decided with the flip of a coin. Yes it will work, No it won't. The stakes are too high to take that kind of financial risk.

Time to fall on your sword, make room for someone with some actual business experience, and go away.
Completely agree, the cheat should be fired by the executive. He should be ashamed of his actions, and the cost to the province. He should resign quietly and go off in to the dark.

BW
Old 01-19-2021, 01:24 PM

Quote:

Someone with actual business experience could have predicted COVID nearly two years out? No COVID and it would have been Trumpty Dumpty for four more years. A Biden win under those circumstances would have been fantasy.
Old 01-19-2021, 01:25 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigwoodsman View Post
Completely agree, the cheat should be fired by the executive. He should be ashamed of his actions, and the cost to the province. He should resign quietly and go off in to the dark.

BW
Six months ago who would you have bet on to win the US election?
Old 01-19-2021, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal53 View Post
I don't bet with public money. The strife was there. The only difference a six month wait would have made, is that we would still have 1.5 billion dollars.

BW
Old 01-19-2021, 02:22 PM

Quote:
I don't bet with public money. The strife was there. The only difference a six month wait would have made, is that we would still have 1.5 billion dollars.

BW
Nailed it.
Old 01-19-2021, 03:34 PM

Quote:
I wouldnt of bet 1.5 billion!
Only the simplest of men bet away money they need!
Old 01-19-2021, 04:02 PM

Governments bet with taxpayer money every single day.
Redwater refinery, the startup of the oilsands back a few decades ago, ect....
This is nothing new.
And if I was a betting man, I'd venture a bet the KXL will be completed someday. Just not gonna say when. The US would be crazy not to.

edit. Guess they have shown they are a little crazy now voting in pedoJoe
Old 01-19-2021, 04:18 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:

BW
Sheesh!!, okay, take the word bet out of my comment and replace it with "thought"
Old 01-19-2021, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 338Bluff View Post
Someone with actual business experience could have predicted COVID nearly two years out? No COVID and it would have been Trumpty Dumpty for four more years. A Biden win under those circumstances would have been fantasy.
No. Nobody could have predicted this mess. But banking on the decisions made by a foreign government that use environmental issues as a beach ball bouncing them back and forth depending who is in power? That's risky. If he were a CEO playing those odds he'd be ousted by the board.
Old 01-19-2021, 04:44 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
No. Nobody could have predicted this mess. But banking on the decisions made by a foreign government that use environmental issues as a beach ball bouncing them back and forth depending who is in power? That's risky. If he were a CEO playing those odds he'd be ousted by the board.
Every single small, big business owner, CEO's, and/or employees are affected by decisions by lame politicians on both sides of the border constantly, and politicians are affected by political moves from other jurisdictions as well

Last edited by hal53; 01-19-2021 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainTi View Post
Redwater refinery, the startup of the oilsands back a few decades ago, ect....
This is nothing new.
And if I was a betting man, I'd venture a bet the KXL will be completed someday. Just not gonna say when. The US would be crazy not to.

edit. Guess they have shown they are a little crazy now voting in pedoJoe
All the next Republican administration has to do is another Executive order and it's a go...

Hopefully TC finishes the Canadian portian and builds a train loading station at the end...

I would think TC could build up the US side as well...

KXL is probably a better deal for the USA than us...

I'd rather see Energy East...
Old 01-19-2021, 05:52 PM

For what it's worth, I was talking to a TC PM on the KXL project earlier today. Sort of off the record we were chatting about what the future of KXL holds. His opinion (while obviously biased and still watching his words real carefully) was basically along the lines of, listen, it's only speculation, and there are a lot of other considerations in play here, including TC Energy's $1b+ they're going to put toward making the entire company net zero, so lets see what Biden's first 100 days look like because he figured the odds of him actually cancelling it on his first day were real slim

So who knows... this is a project that has been getting kneecapped since '08. What's another 4-5 years? They have the money of the AB public to burn while they figure it out.
Old 01-19-2021, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Turdeau has a gambling problem.
Old 01-19-2021, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Trump . But i wonder it JK reached out to the democrats and flat out asked them what their plan is if the took control of their country ?
Old 01-19-2021, 06:26 PM

One of the problems with the US is they can shutdown a line at any time;
A current example being fought in the courts;
https://financialpost.com/commoditie...ut-down-line-5\\
Where the state of Michigan wants to cancel an easement and effectively shut down one of Enbridge's lines that has been there since 1953.

So...even if XL gets built, the leaf lickers will still try to shut it down at some later point.

Time to slowly close the valves to the US and force construction of a pipeline to other markets.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:02 PM

It’s a wrap, for now.

Old 01-20-2021, 04:03 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
not trump....next question.

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-20-2021, 04:05 PM

Location: At the end of the Thirsty Beaver Trail, Pinsky lake, Alberta.

Quote:
Every single small, big business owner, CEO's, and/or employees are affected by decisions by lame politicians on both sides of the border constantly, and politicians are affected by political moves from other jurisdictions as well
yup it's just one great big circle jerk and hopefully once the stars line up in your favor...

Be careful when you follow the masses, sometimes the "M" is silent...
Old 01-20-2021, 04:09 PM

What this tells me is that major pipelines are capped at this level for the future.
If oil demand increases, the price to transport thru existing pipelines will go thru the roof.

Also tells me, Jason Kenney does not have a clear vision for the future.
And if anyone says it's just because of a democrat in office, then why didnt trump build that pipeline when he was in office for FOUR years. It was all BS.

If Kenney doesn't go, I think his spending has to be limited to nothing or he will sink Alberta.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:19 PM

Can Kenny get a refund for the pipeline now?
Old 01-20-2021, 04:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Map Maker View Post
What this tells me is that major pipelines are capped at this level for the future.
If oil demand increases, the price to transport thru existing pipelines will go thru the roof.

Also tells me, Jason Kenney does not have a clear vision for the future.
And if anyone says it's just because of a democrat in office, then why didnt trump build that pipeline when he was in office for FOUR years. It was all BS.

If Kenney doesn't go, I think his spending has to be limited to nothing or he will sink Alberta.
Trump approved the pipeline after Obama vetoed it every time. Construction did start on KXL in certain areas of the US. Sad that they weren’t able to get it operational in those four years, but energy infrastructure projects of this size and scope don’t happen overnight.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:53 PM

Trump approved it 2 days less than a year ago, on January 22, 2020.
Old 01-20-2021, 04:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
Trump approved it 2 days less than a year ago, on January 22, 2020.
Approved what less than a year ago?
Old 01-20-2021, 05:01 PM

Does anyone know if there's any activity going on at Oyen I believe that's the pipeline?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
Old 01-20-2021, 05:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by liar View Post
Trump . But i wonder it JK reached out to the democrats and flat out asked them what their plan is if the took control of their country ?
Jt did, a few weeks ago with Biden, which is approximately when he dumped the ponzi scheme carbon tax.

Gosh, I wonder if they really spoke about keystone.

I'm racking my brain trying to figure out a product democrats leech on that we could boycott.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 35 whelen View Post
Does anyone know if there's any activity going on at Oyen I believe that's the pipeline?

Sent from my SM-G930W8 using Tapatalk
I deal with landowners in the Consort/Veteran area that had pipe liners renting their properties. They moved out in December and told the landowners they were being shut down. There are lots of right always that are stripped, that I assume, will need to be replaced. Lots of Micheals Canada right away signs all over the area.
Old 01-20-2021, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Approved what less than a year ago?
The Trump administration on Wednesday approved a right-of-way allowing the Keystone XL oil sands pipeline to be built across U.S. land, pushing the controversial $8 billion project closer to construction though court challenges still loom.

Those segments of federal land are a small fraction of the pipeline's 1,200-mile (1,930-kilometer) route, but the right-of-way was crucial for a project that's obtained all the needed permits at the state and local levels.

The stretch approved Wednesday includes all federal land crossed by the line, Hammond said. Much of the rest of the route is across private land, for which TC Energy has been acquiring permissions to build on.

state Sen. Frank Smith said Trump's strong support for the project appeared to be pushing it through.

"All we can do is pray from here on in," Smith said. "The president said it's going through, and it's going through."

This happened on January 22 of last year.

Edit: That is from a PBS article: Trump administration approves Keystone pipeline on U.S. land