Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-09-2010, 07:25 PM

Default crawling valley advice

This will be my second time ever ice fishing and Ive never ice fished crawling valley before, only been there during summer and fished from shore near the campground (highlighted in blue). Now that its frozen over im looking for some new spots, i searched some old threads and it seems people have advised around the east and west islands. on the map what i have highlighted in red is where i think i should drive. Some help and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Old 12-09-2010, 08:55 PM

Default Pretty good.

As a fairly long time CV fisherman you are pretty close where you have drawn. We fish the west as much as east side and not too many people action over there. If you have not taken the road on the west make sure you turn right at the red rock. Turn right again at the big cattle guard with all the well signs on it. Go straight ahead and follow the lake. There is a well site close to the lake that one of the side roads follows, don't take that keep ahead and it will run right along a bunch of islands. They all fish well. Just get out in 10-20 ft of water in front of them and get fishing. Pike, walleyes, Good sizeburbs and on the fish tv we have seen the odd perch.
On the east side everyone fishes all around the islands.
I have not but some fish up the north end as well.
The nice thing from the west side is when the ice is thinner like now you can park on the shore and walk only a short ditance to be in front of the islands.