Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 12-06-2016, 01:33 AM

Default 2017 SPFGA renewal membership.

WOW, they are really on the ball this year. I put off my renewal until the middle of November this year, and I have already received the new cards. The last couple years, we had renewed the family membership in September. And did not recieve our new membership cards until January(last year), and February the year before. I noticed that the card numbers are all the same this year as well. I'm wondering if that is a misprint, or is it the new system? Hope everyone else is receiving their cards in a timely manner as well. I love this range.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:29 AM

Good to hear. Issues last year were related to a bad bunch of cards that had to be replaced...and a later renewal deadline. Looking like all the kinks have been worked out and staff is working efficiently in the new office.
Spoke with one of the Membership workers on election night who said they are already through more than 3000 renewals. Good chance all the renewals will be processed before the Xmas break so the count can be made, and the number of open newbie spots can be calculated ... with processing starting up for them in early Jan. No prediction on the number of open spots. What we know is that the number of Range Memberships in 2016 exceeded the cap ...BUT... observed weekend use was down. Tough to predict the effect of the tough economic times in our drawing area.
Prospective "new" Range members are reminded that SPFGA does not accept applications unless they are mailed AFTER Dec 27th, or submitted on-line AFTER midnight Dec 31. Successfull applicants will be notified by mail by late January with details regarding the COMPULSORY Orientation. Newbie access cards are issued only at the time of Orientation. Orientations are scheduled every Sunday at 10:00am in February ...and every Saturday AND Sunday at 10:00am in March.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:38 AM

Nice to see a range that rolls with the times vs. Doing the same old thing because it's always been done that way. Every year things get better both with the membership and the facilities.

LC
Old 12-06-2016, 10:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lefty-Canuck View Post
Nice to see a range that rolls with the times vs. Doing the same old thing because it's always been done that way. Every year things get better both with the membership and the facilities.

LC
I totally agree with you lefty! I think this will be my 4th year as a member, and it seems to get better every year. I am a little bit confused about what 260 was saying though. I could have sworn that I read somewhere that the new applicants could be sent in after December 1st this year. I must have messed that up with the renewal deadline. Likely won't be coming out there till Christmas holidays. And that's only if the weather is nicer. I look forward to the springtime now, I need to get shooting my bow some more this year!
Old 12-06-2016, 10:49 AM

I checked with Membership before posting the thread I started earlier ... and at that time they said newbie mailed apps could be mailed after Dec 27 (so they could be considered "received" on Jan 1... otherwise mailed apps would be disadvantaged to on-line submissions). The only other thing that changed with the previous year was the deadline for RENEWALS which was moved from Dec 15 to Dec 1. Brining that deadline forward precludes the inevitable "last minute glut" that could not be processed because they take Xmas holidays.
Old 12-06-2016, 12:35 PM

Thanks for clearing that up 260.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowhunter9841 View Post
WOW, they are really on the ball this year. I put off my renewal until the middle of November this year, and I have already received the new cards. The last couple years, we had renewed the family membership in September. And did not recieve our new membership cards until January(last year), and February the year before. I noticed that the card numbers are all the same this year as well. I'm wondering if that is a misprint, or is it the new system? Hope everyone else is receiving their cards in a timely manner as well. I love this range.
The family memberships cards are now being issued with the same number for each member that is a part of that family membership. It's a new system that the Membership Director is trying out.