Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 01-16-2017, 10:22 AM

I too was out there yesterday with a buddy and we found it pretty slow as well. We were off the boat launch to start but when all the people started to show up we went for a drive to a quieter location. We moved around a half dozen times to find the edge of a nice little drop off and fished around it. We saw plenty of small perch in the 3-5 inch range and saw about a half dozen whitefish and 4 or 5 pike but we only managed to get one bite. We fished anywhere from 20ish-6ish feet of water all day.

One slough shark came up to the camera and gave it a good stink eye for about 30 seconds which was pretty fun but other than that the fish seemed pretty disinterested in everything we put down the hole. They would have a look at it and then just move on. We tried almost every hook and lure in both our tackle boxes with and without bait and nada.

I'm thinking that it has something to do with this chinook that's coming in and the barometric pressures and such. At least that's what I'm blaming it on and not my skill as an angler