Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2015, 12:07 PM

Default So does life actually get better....

I know right? How much can one guy go through, take eh.... I just want 2016 to come and maybe start a new year...already....

Some of you may be aware/remember my situation, but if not ill direct you to a thread:

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=242350

Well...me and the girl i found, fell for each other, I wasn't trying, wasn't hoping, it just happened, against my better judgement due to just coming out my marriage (just under 3 months prior). But you cant help falling in love...and as far as i know, she fell for me first. We were perfect for each other, talked about the future, we had everything in common, and never felt some comfortable with anyone in my life....even my wife of near 8 years... I thought she was the one...and she told me, i was her one...multiple times

Well, 4 days ago i returned to my rig, a job i was loving, to be told to go back home as i had been laid off due to all the other rigs "sitting" and the rig i was on wouldn't pay for the extra guy (I'm a green hat training).

Driving back stressed i contacted my girl, she text me saying she would call me when i got back to my place.... 4 days has now passed. she wont reply to a text, email (i know she has opened and read the email due to email tracking on my account), answer the phone or respond to a voicemail. yes her cell is working, as my email account states the email i sent was opened via iphone. I even tried going to her place and knocking on the door, no answer.

it seems like i fell for a rig-digger(wont use profanity), and have no choice but to accept the fact everything she told me about not being a rig digger, and she hated those women was a lie...I even tried to give her the cowards way out by asking her to just tell me it was over via a text, but nothing....

I just needed to vent a little, as once again, in the matter of 4 days my life has taken a u turn....

Can someone genuinely tell me that life actually does improve and get better.....?

Then he'd look off some place in the distance
At something only he could see
He'd say all that's left now of the old days
Those damned old coyotes and me

Last edited by BritishCanadian; 02-13-2015 at 12:14 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:22 PM

In 2009 October 30, I learned my best friend was killed in Afghanistan by an IED.
In November, I held his mothers hand and comforted his grandmother as they screamed and cried as he was buried..
You'll have to trust me on this, life gets easier to cope.

Good luck and keep your chin up.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:24 PM

Sorry to hear about this bud. I can't really give you advice other than to keep your head up. There are lots of fish in the sea, and this down turn won't last forever.

Good luck sir.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:30 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by AbAngler View Post
Sorry to hear about this bud. I can't really give you advice other than to keep your head up. There are lots of fish in the sea, and this down turn won't last forever.

Good luck sir.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:31 PM

Been there
Worked a 82 day straight hitch 10 years ago one winter.....came home to a empty/gutted apartment....it was all gone except for one pair of shoe's

Time heal's....way over it now.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:32 PM
Banned

If I may give you some great advise, go to POF.com. There are many wonderful woman there and that is where I met the lady of my dreams last year!

Life will get way better for you when you meet the right lady. Best of luck in your search and happy hunting
Old 02-13-2015, 12:33 PM

“The pain you feel today is the strength you feel tomorrow. For every challenge encountered there is opportunity for growth.” – Unknown

Hang in there it does get better.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:33 PM
Gone Hunting

Well it seems to me it's one of two things. You pick.

Either she's very busy doing who knows who, or your luck is already changing and you dodged the bullet on this one. Think how much damage would be done a year or eight from now if you hadn't been laid off.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-13-2015, 12:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post

Either she's very busy doing who knows who, or your luck is already changing and you dodged the bullet on this one. Think how much damage would be done a year or eight from now if you hadn't been laid off.
Yep, or if you had married her then got laid off...

Best advice I can think of, leave her alone. Many women today wouldn't think twice about calling the police and calling you a stalker.

Move on, have fun in your life.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:40 PM

Quote:

Bingo
Old 02-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Banned

Quote:
your luck is already changing and you dodged the bullet on this one.
when i became single again after a situation similar to yours. i found this to be very true.

at some point the crazy comes out and the sooner the better. from there you can figure out how crazy and make up your mind.

there are so many women i wouldn't even think twice about one that treats you that way. it's childish and stupid

get out there and get a new job the rest will come in time
Old 02-13-2015, 12:43 PM

Sorry about your job, hang in there It will get better.

Something I learned very recently and the hard way is that you can not rely on others for your happiness. Make yourself happy, be selfish ,live for you.
Keep your head down and arse up.
Good luck
Old 02-13-2015, 12:44 PM

Quote:

Heh, wise words!

Go have a beer, and shoot some pool. Be happy with yourself, and life! You can eat over the sink again, and don't have to put on pants or put the seat down!
Old 02-13-2015, 12:50 PM
Gone Hunting

" All that woman left me was one grass rope, and a trophy saddle that I'll never ride.Two pair of Levis and a pair of Justin boots. She left them cause neither was her size." Red Stegall

Don't sweat it. There's no shame in getting bucked off. The shame is not getting back up.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-13-2015, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BritishCanadian View Post
Well, 4 days ago i returned to my rig, a job i was loving, to be told to go back home as i had been laid off due to all the other rigs "sitting" and the rig i was on wouldn't pay for the extra guy (I'm a green hat training).

Driving back stressed i contacted my girl, she text me saying she would call me when i got back to my place.... 4 days has now passed. she wont reply to a text, email (i know she has opened and read the email due to email tracking on my account), answer the phone or respond to a voicemail. yes her cell is working, as my email account states the email i sent was opened via iphone. I even tried going to her place and knocking on the door, no answer.

it seems like i fell for a rig-digger(wont use profanity), and have no choice but to accept the fact everything she told me about not being a rig digger, and she hated those women was a lie...I even tried to give her the cowards way out by asking her to just tell me it was over via a text, but nothing....

I just needed to vent a little, as once again, in the matter of 4 days my life has taken a u turn....

Can someone genuinely tell me that life actually does improve and get better.....?
Sounds like the best thing in your life happened. The catalyst was losing your job for a bit, which in turn revealed a truth. Very Shakesperian.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:04 PM

You needed the rebound relationship to remind you how rich and wonderful life can be.

You also needed the rebound relationship to remind you that evil can exist absolutely anywhere.

The universe's way of telling you that if it seemed too good to be true-It probably was.
Your endorphins just took a hard one to the nuts-
Keep calm and soldier on and eventually you will be looking out at the indescribeable beauty below from the highest peak soaking in all the joy and reward that life has in store for you.
One tiny step forward from there will reveal a avalanche chute where at the bottom your broken bones and shattered dreams will bleach in the sun and serve as a reminder to all to just forget about love
Just kidding-
It could get better

Last edited by omega50; 02-13-2015 at 01:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:05 PM

Smile

In 2002 I started over again...and not for the 1st time either, but those are other stories...I moved into my new place without a pot to cook in which was ok because I never had a plate to eat off of or a knife and fork to use, if I did have a plate. Had no bed to sleep on or any kind of chair to sit on or even a table to set stuff on...but I was happier...and have rebuilt my life one thing at a time....remarried a wonderful woman who is a hunting partner and a great friend and not to shabby a lover when she wants to be....

"Can someone genuinely tell me that life actually does improve and get better.....?"
YES, Bud...hang in there...it will get BETTER!

Jim
Old 02-13-2015, 01:14 PM

find someone else . i was deployed in the military when i came home the house was empty house except the couch and the tv I guess i won i got the tv

LIFE IS TOUGH.....TOUGHER IF YOU'RE STUPID.-------------------“Women have the right to work wherever they want, as long as they have the dinner ready when you get home”
Old 02-13-2015, 02:44 PM

Quote:

Dear Red hits it out of the park again. Move on and don't return her calls when she changes her mind. She has told you all you need to know with her silence.

Good luck and remember: once burned twice shy when the next girl smiles at you
Old 02-13-2015, 02:54 PM

Here you go my friend.

Old 02-13-2015, 03:00 PM

Count your blessings. Consider that you can go fishing, hunting and exploring this big world with no encumberances. Enjoy this blessing.

Women are like M&Ms. Once you get past the candy coating there's always a little nut inside. Don't even try to figure them out . Women know women and they don't like eachother.

Don't get me wrong, I love women but they should have a safety lock on them instead of a trigger.
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 02-13-2015, 03:22 PM

Text her telling her you just got offered a lucrative position ..... or you just won the lottery ..... she will come back.

Take her for one last spin and turn the tables.

I am sorry about your situation - that would really suck .... keep your head up.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:27 PM

Tough go.

"No matter how good looking she is, somebody, somewhere is tired of putting up with her Chit"

Words to live by.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:54 PM

Sorry to hear about losing your job. Get back out there and find something better.

As for the woman it is a blessing in disguise. You don't need someone like that in your life. Imagine this happened a few years down the road and you have kids.

ENJOY YOUR FREEDOM

Before I was married and had kids. I would jump on my motorcycle once a year and pick a direction, disappear for 3-4 weeks at a time. Now lucky to have a few hours to spare lol
Old 02-13-2015, 04:09 PM

You found out who she really was before she was able to take half your stuff. Silver lining.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EZM View Post
Text her telling her you just got offered a lucrative position ..... or you just won the lottery ..... she will come back.

Take her for one last spin and turn the tables.

I am sorry about your situation - that would really suck .... keep your head up.

Crazy advice What if that last spin ties them together for 18 + years lol Jokes EZM. But go ahead and tell her a white lie about the super paying overseas job you just got where your out of the country for 6 months at a time
Old 02-13-2015, 04:27 PM

Just move on dude! Consider your self lucky this happen now enjoy it! No kidding enjoy your life!
Old 02-13-2015, 04:29 PM

Old 02-13-2015, 04:31 PM
Banned

One thing I have learned is that men need women like fish need a bicycle.
Take your time,live for yourself and one day,if you are a good man some one will see it.I`ve been married,divorced,shacked up and single and I really liked single.Not single for the last 14 years but somedays............It`s a great thing to date but be your own best friend.Life don`t end because you are single,it just got better.And you can save more money.
I believe you just dodged a bullet.CONGRATS!!!!
Old 02-13-2015, 05:27 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova View Post
You found out who she really was before she was able to take half your stuff. Silver lining.
+1 to that sentiment and I will also throw in imagine if you had not been laid off and the relationship continued to the point of marriage and you put a
$16,000 ring on her finger.

Sorry to hear the OP got laid off but in the grand scheme of things it was bad medecine that enabled him to dodge a seriously bad situation later on down the road of life.

FTH