Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-13-2015, 07:03 AM
Banned

Well at least we still have Rex Murphy. Too bad he works for mother Corp
Old 02-13-2015, 08:03 AM

Default I'm on the fence

I have viewed it occasionally , Levant more like a carnie guy .

It made me laugh when they broke a story , then a few later

CBC reluctantly picked it up. As entertainment and troll material

It will be missed .
Old 02-13-2015, 08:53 AM

Probably not going to help anything, but here's a new page on FB.

You don't like Sun News, simple: move on and ignore it. Kind of like posts on AO

https://www.facebook.com/iwantmysunt...age_fan_invite

NRA/NFA Supporter and "...gun toting tea party psychotard..." -
Old 02-13-2015, 08:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetwaiter View Post
I dunno.... Something occurred to me earlier and the more I think about it the more it makes sense, Ezra is a plant. He's a NDP false flag operative.

What better way to handicap Sun news than give Ezra 30 minutes a day to say something stupid? The guy attracts libel lawsuits like an outhouse attracts flies. How many times did the Broadcast Standards council fine him for lying?

You know he used to work for the Reform Party... The two MPs who he worked for the most during their elections were Rob Anders and Rahim Jaffer. Are there two MPs who have done more damage to the Conservative party in the last decade? Remember that Jaffer's wife is Helena Guergis, not ecatly a fine chapter in Canadian politics there either.

He is the ultimate NDP sock puppet, a constant source of embarrassment to the conservative movement.
You might be on to something there. He kept stellar company during those years. Maybe they're all false flag operatives.

The only "shyster lawyering" he was experienced at was defending himself from his own big mouth.

As they say, a lawyer that has himself for a client has a fool for a client.
Old 02-13-2015, 10:44 AM

"There will be lots of people on the left that are glad this happened, particularly so close to the upcoming election."

I'm not sure about that. They were too partisan to be a means for change in Canada. Fox effectively rallied the rabid tea-baggers in the US, but so far Canada doesn't seem to have enough of their ilk to affect elections here.

Anyone who watched SNN would vote Con regardless, and anyone far enough left to vote, or even consider voting, non-Con would not be able to stomach SNN's mean spirited presentation. They spoke to their audience, but their audience was not big enough.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:51 PM
Banned

I think SSN turned off a lot of conservatives also with their consistent over the top reporting. There is only so much dumbing down one can take.
Old 02-13-2015, 12:57 PM
Gone Hunting

I'm a littl to the right of Attila the Hun, so I could see some value in the SNN, and another POV from the welfare broadcaster. CBC.

Ezra was Ezra.

Some of the programming was borderline mindnumbing. Lots of repeated topics.

I knew they weren't destined for greatness when the commercials looked like they belonged in the "Enquirer". Not much for mainstream bid sponsors.

Where did Adler go?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-13-2015, 01:18 PM

I didn't always agree with opinions on sun news but I sure liked the fact that brought forth issues no other media outlet offered.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:34 PM

As long as you realize they are biased...like all news outlets...trying to make money by sensationalizing stories...extrapolating guesses...making assumptions and more often then not really just an entertainment media versus serious journalism you can see it for what it was.

Like all big business news...there is a portion of truth and a portion of extrapolation all looked at through someone elses morals, values, judgement and motive.

To really get a good picture you need to read lots from different sources and build an opinion and not rely on one source. Otherwise...yes. The tinfoil hat clearance sale starts.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 02-13-2015, 01:56 PM
Banned

I liked the content,and Ezra putting leftys like Suzuki on the spot was good.
What I found hard to take was Ezra's whiney voice and personality.
I was surprised he didn't get B-slapped a few times.
Old 02-13-2015, 04:58 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by airbornedeerhunter View Post
When they first came on the air I became addicted, loved the over the top right wing rants and all out attacks on all things Liberal. Once Turdeau came on the scene I quite enjoyed watching them chase him around and make him look like an idiot but after awhile it all became tiresome. All the childish, high school like behaviour kind of turned me off and I stopped watching last summer.
I`m with you there.As far as REAL news I flip through all the news channels every morning.Canadian and American.CBC ain`t that bad and Sun wasn`t either but they each got a slant and it`s up to the watcher to keep his mind open and not take what anybody says as gospel.
Old 02-13-2015, 05:50 PM

WOW. Now who is going to keep exposing trutard for the idiot he is
Old 02-13-2015, 07:36 PM

Default Ezra on CBC .....fond goodbye

Ezra on As IT Happens .

Perfect I love it .

http://cds1.yospace.com/access/selec...=iphone&a=true
Old 02-13-2015, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
Sun news had terrible production value, but they covered many stories that were ignored by ALL the other "mainstream" media.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cat336 View Post
I didn't always agree with opinions on sun news but I sure liked the fact that brought forth issues no other media outlet offered.
Bingo times 2.

Attawapiskat was a great example of this....or maybe the High River Gun Grab?

Did you see anything even close to the coverage SNN put out on any other network? Yes...I wasn't a fan of how they packaged their product, but I think I am going to miss hearing the other side of the story!

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 02-14-2015, 12:08 AM

Too bad, despite the naysayers. Give us the unified voice instead.
Old 02-14-2015, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WCTHEMI View Post
That's too bad. I also found them to be too much after awhile, but I think the CRTC should have gave them the mandatory carry status they were asking for, being a Canadian network and all.
Agreed. Isn't the CRTC always complaining about a lack of Canadian content? Then they deny the carry status to a Canadian network.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:35 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klondike View Post
WOW. Now who is going to keep exposing trutard for the idiot he is
Don`t worry,he does that just fine all by himself.Him taking on that creepy blonde chick proves it.CBC is doing a fine job of trashing him right now.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:37 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by the.tru.albertan View Post
Agreed. Isn't the CRTC always complaining about a lack of Canadian content? Then they deny the carry status to a Canadian network.
Never trust a newspaper that is written with a Crayon.Sums up Sun.
Old 02-14-2015, 10:16 AM

Its a HUGE loss.

Lets not forget that Sun News Network was the only Canadian broadcaster that SUPPORTED and showed Canadian Hunting programming as ALL the other networks consider it "Cruel and inhumane".

Also, without left wing and right wing perspectives (despite how people may disagree) it offers us more information from all directions from which to form our OWN opinions - for those of us who were taught critical thinking in school.

When we lose different perspectives and stories from alternative reporting and news sources - we lose perspective. Thats when the majority just line up, 'beigh' the propaganda mantra and wait for our turn at the state trough wondering why this is all we get.

I don't hold the same values as some of my VERY liberal friends - and we have some good exchanges of ideas, BUT as frustrating as it can be - I appreciate that we still have opinions freely in Canada & Free speech to a greater degree. Losing Sun News - as much as some of you might hate it - is a Loss for Canadians. Much like 'The Young Turks' leftist/liberal news - I subscribe because I hear some stories that aren't reported on by conservative shows I watch, and it allows me to go investigate for myself. I don't agree with the young turks much, but I appreciate the perspective.

Freedom of speech and a multi spectrum society of perspectives and ideas makes us a better Nation.

Quote:
When the Nazis came for the communists,
I remained silent;
I was not a communist.

When they locked up the social democrats,
I remained silent;
I was not a social democrat.

When they came for the trade unionists,
I did not speak out;
I was not a trade unionist.

When they came for the Jews,
I remained silent;
I wasn't a Jew.

When they came for me,
there was no one left to speak out.

- Martin Niemöller
Old 02-14-2015, 11:17 AM

watched Canada in the Rough hunting show on that channel . Only hunting show I get .
Old 02-14-2015, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coho911 View Post
Its a HUGE loss.

Lets not forget that Sun News Network was the only Canadian broadcaster that SUPPORTED and showed Canadian Hunting programming as ALL the other networks consider it "Cruel and inhumane".

Also, without left wing and right wing perspectives (despite how people may disagree) it offers us more information from all directions from which to form our OWN opinions - for those of us who were taught critical thinking in school.

When we lose different perspectives and stories from alternative reporting and news sources - we lose perspective. Thats when the majority just line up, 'beigh' the propaganda mantra and wait for our turn at the state trough wondering why this is all we get.

I don't hold the same values as some of my VERY liberal friends - and we have some good exchanges of ideas, BUT as frustrating as it can be - I appreciate that we still have opinions freely in Canada & Free speech to a greater degree. Losing Sun News - as much as some of you might hate it - is a Loss for Canadians. Much like 'The Young Turks' leftist/liberal news - I subscribe because I hear some stories that aren't reported on by conservative shows I watch, and it allows me to go investigate for myself. I don't agree with the young turks much, but I appreciate the perspective.

Freedom of speech and a multi spectrum society of perspectives and ideas makes us a better Nation.
Agreed completely. Very well said sir!
Old 02-14-2015, 01:11 PM

I am disapointed that it is gone even though I stopped watching it over time. I don't think it ever really lived up to the potential market that was there. They did a lot of editorials and specials but I would have loved to see just a regular 6 oclock news program but from their perspective. They did bring to light a lot of stories that the other stations ignored. Unfortunately some of it was so far over the top that they lost a lot of credibility. And Im about as right wing as it gets.
Old 02-14-2015, 07:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
Buhbye Fox News Canada! Our nation's collective IQ score just jumped a few points.
I like Fox news have you ever watched it or did you just hear scary things over some Koolaid with your pals...if all goes well Harper can pull off 1 more majority and the CBC will be toast as well.

"Always surprised at the people that come here and trash Alberta. Why put yourself through the torture of living here? Start your own thread about why Alberta is the worst place to live and why you stay."

Rugatika
Old 02-14-2015, 08:11 PM
Banned

If SUN news had more closely emulated Fox News they likely would have still been on the air. Tough to say for sure though, nothing like calling the plays after the game. Fox News has some of the most unbiased reporting on tv though. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't watched Shep Smith, Brett Baier, Chris Wallace et al.
Old 02-14-2015, 11:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rugatika View Post
If SUN news had more closely emulated Fox News they likely would have still been on the air. Tough to say for sure though, nothing like calling the plays after the game. Fox News has some of the most unbiased reporting on tv though. Anyone that thinks otherwise hasn't watched Shep Smith, Brett Baier, Chris Wallace et al.
SNN was certainly not in the same league as Fox in the US but they certainly tried to get there. Canada just does not have the numbers and the organization that American conservative groups have in order to support a special interest news network. Fox would consider most Canadian conservatives as middle of the road liberals.

Most "opinion" pieces SNN aired came across sounding like a bunch of ducks farting in shallow water.

Something your average Canuck would not buy into and something advertisers wouldn't spend money on.
Old 02-15-2015, 10:19 AM

I think that whether you think SNN was balanced or not (it wasn't), or needed, the fact is that the market spoke on it: Viewership was in the toilet, and always had been. When Quebecor sold off Sun Media, the deal didn't include the channel, and they could find literally *nobody* who wanted to touch it. Believe me, Quebecor would have loved to have made something back on the investment, but it was going to be a weight around the neck of whomever bought it, so no dice.

The market decided. How bad could that really be?

Here was a cool interview that Jesse Brown did with Ezra Levant. Ezra's a much smarter guy than he ever came across on TV. I'd have loved to be in the room with those two.

http://canadalandshow.com/podcast/ezra-levant

Probably the only English-speaking, French-Canadian lefty greeniac in Montréal with a 2008 Winchester M70 in .270. Probably.