Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 02-12-2015, 07:09 PM
Banned

Default No more Ezra: Sun News Network shutting down

Sun News Network shutting down Friday, nearly 200 lose jobs:

http://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/sun-new...jobs-1.2234296
Old 02-12-2015, 07:19 PM
Banned

When they first came on the air I became addicted, loved the over the top right wing rants and all out attacks on all things Liberal. Once Turdeau came on the scene I quite enjoyed watching them chase him around and make him look like an idiot but after awhile it all became tiresome. All the childish, high school like behaviour kind of turned me off and I stopped watching last summer.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:20 PM

Well that will shut them up? Where is that tinfoil hat of mine
Old 02-12-2015, 07:20 PM

Only news that stuck up for gun owners.

"Me neither but it's all in the eye of the beer holder"
norwestalta

.....out of bounds.....but funny none the less!

LC

"Funny how when a bear eats another bear, no one bats an eye, but......

when a human eats another human, people act like it's the end if the friggin world. News coverage, tweets, blogs, outrage, Piers Morgan etcetc.

Go figure." -Huntinstuff
Old 02-12-2015, 07:22 PM

That's too bad. I also found them to be too much after awhile, but I think the CRTC should have gave them the mandatory carry status they were asking for, being a Canadian network and all.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:34 PM

Thumbs down

This is an unfortunate development, yet not surprising.

Sun does/did not fit in with the media elite's B.S. leftist spin. None the less, Sun is the kind of network that really did need to stand on its own merits as opposed to riding public funding/mandatory carry crtc/gov't gravy trains.

Ultimately, I'll the miss the channel and wish that CBC was shutting down instead (with accompanying savings to Canadian Taxpayers).
Old 02-12-2015, 07:42 PM

Buhbye Fox News Canada! Our nation's collective IQ score just jumped a few points.
Old 02-12-2015, 07:47 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ssyd View Post
Buhbye Fox News Canada! Our nation's collective IQ score just jumped a few points.
Why because cnn and Cbc and ctv are still there?

Lol keep smokin the base
Old 02-12-2015, 08:05 PM

Default Tragic

This means we are back to having no real reportage at all on a lot of fronts where Ezra et al were the only ones actually bringing us the unvarnished truth, and doing it with a little bit of entertaining zing - provoking some actual thought for those who cared to view. Whether or not you commonly or always agreed with their take on things (and I often did not - I find some of their people obnoxious to my views), they presented one that is otherwise almost completely absent in this country. Congratulations are due to the left wing media party for preventing them from having the same access to our minimum cable subscriptions that they enjoy - I still shake my head over how this could be denied in a supposedly "free" environment.
I hope that somehow the core people find a way to carry on with conveying their message effectively. I imagine that the Turdos and Mulcairs of our world are rubbing their hands in glee at this development, and counting the ways in which they can now line the pockets of themselves and theirs at my expense, without the considerable annoyance of presentation of conflicting and democratic views.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:06 PM

Not a fan of Sun

Or Ezra

But both are very much needed in our society.
"I don't always troll, only on days that end in Y."
Old 02-12-2015, 08:09 PM

Good riddance
Old 02-12-2015, 08:11 PM

Some of them undoubtedly have too much talent/followers to disappear. I am sad the Right has lost a large voice for the time being.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:32 PM

I will miss them. Most mornings I go through a half dozen new channels including RT just to get a different opinion. Then I can decide on my own who is spinning the story.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:39 PM

The globalist controlled corporations would not advertise on the channel. Kind of what happen to Glen Beck, had more viewers than all the hosts of MSNBC put together but couldn't pull in the advertising dollars.
Old 02-12-2015, 08:45 PM
Banned

Default That sucks

Now scumbags like Suzuki and Gore get a free pass by the leftist media and no scrutiny by a right wing concise source.

FTH
Old 02-12-2015, 08:49 PM

No more news reporting, Just the leftist media spin.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:14 PM

Whether you liked SNN or not, you cannot deny one simple fact: they provided something sorely missing from the mainstream news media...balance.

I am not happy to hear this news at all.

"There seems to be alot of urinating in breakfast cereal around here." - Rackman, 2010

"It is true, there are dead beat dads out there, and there are thousands of dead beat moms too, who live off the efforts of good men trying to do the right thing." -KegRiver, 2011

"You have social media to thank for turning everyone into self-righteous know-it-alls.." -random internet dude, 2015
Old 02-12-2015, 09:28 PM

I'll agree that the balance they provided was necessary, but I never took to their style. One does not have to be obnoxious to be conservative, some of those guys give off the impression that its a pre-requisite. I'd applaud any network that could manage to deliver some balance to news coverage with a center-right perspective in a manner thats earnest and level-headed.
Old 02-12-2015, 09:45 PM

Quote:

CBCSuzukiMansbridgeTruedope will ensure we will now get it all right...or should that be Left?
Our collective IQ score just Nosedived into the sewer of leftist lies and propaganda.
SNN was there for balanced reporting, If you don't get that, you deserve CBCSuzukiMansbridgeTruedope.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:02 PM

One less entertainment channel.

unvarnished thruth? There is only one truth and SNN never reported it, just what they perceived to be true.

Balanced? like the fat kid alone on the teeter totter balanced I found.

glaring sense jarring sets, obnoxious anchors, no level headed reports I ever came across. just a whole pile of "they're wrong and this is why they're wrong, they're not right is why".

Free market wins again.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 02-12-2015, 10:11 PM

I was going to reply to multiple posts in here, but I think this sums up my thoughts quite well.

Good riddance!

finally, the earth swung around
Old 02-12-2015, 10:46 PM

Jon Stewart just announced he'll be stepping down from "The Daily Show".
Believe it or not - he was the most trusted news anchor in the US - and he wasn't even really a news guy - but a comedian.

As a second rate entertainment channel,SNN could never be trusted - they took themselves way to seriously and they had no sense of humor. They really only appealed to an advertising audience that needed shingles meds, Ensure and diapers.

Times have changed.

I guess old Ezra will have to go back to shyster lawyering again.
Old 02-12-2015, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chasingtail View Post
The globalist controlled corporations would not advertise on the channel. Kind of what happen to Glen Beck, had more viewers than all the hosts of MSNBC put together but couldn't pull in the advertising dollars.
You do realize Beck has this little thing called the Blaze TV now????
Old 02-13-2015, 12:23 AM

Sorry to seem them go. We lose an important perspective.
Old 02-13-2015, 01:00 AM
Gone Hunting

"Free market wins again."

Right. Does that mean that the CBC will be shutting down?

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 02-13-2015, 01:11 AM
Banned

Too bad. I didn't watch the SNN but I got the news feed from it and I watched the videos that interested me. I found that on occasion they covered important and interesting issues that the MSM wouldn't provide any coverage on. What was going on in Attawaspikat immediately comes to mind. I think that it wasn't until about a year after the SNN reported the story about Thief Spence that the MSM started covering it. Unfortunately, now there is no alternative perspective to the left wing media outlets.

EDIT.....I should add that the SNN was the only network that reported on Justine's multitude of gaffs, that I noticed anyway.
Old 02-13-2015, 02:25 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimPS View Post
I guess old Ezra will have to go back to shyster lawyering again.
I dunno.... Something occurred to me earlier and the more I think about it the more it makes sense, Ezra is a plant. He's a NDP false flag operative.

What better way to handicap Sun news than give Ezra 30 minutes a day to say something stupid? The guy attracts libel lawsuits like an outhouse attracts flies. How many times did the Broadcast Standards council fine him for lying?

You know he used to work for the Reform Party... The two MPs who he worked for the most during their elections were Rob Anders and Rahim Jaffer. Are there two MPs who have done more damage to the Conservative party in the last decade? Remember that Jaffer's wife is Helena Guergis, not ecatly a fine chapter in Canadian politics there either.

He is the ultimate NDP sock puppet, a constant source of embarrassment to the conservative movement.
Old 02-13-2015, 03:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
"Free market wins again."

Right. Does that mean that the CBC will be shutting down?
I think most stations who don't get mandatory cable subscription benefit would fall to free market forces.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 02-13-2015, 06:17 AM

Well, you can't get too much of looking at ctv's Craig Oliver's handsome mug. More time for it now................JHC!

Disappointed to see it go off the air. Very different perspective and angle than the rest of Canada's media, but like them all, had to be taken with a grain of salt and critical thinking. CBC was the big winner on this.
GOING TO MISS FAITH GOLDY.
Old 02-13-2015, 06:47 AM
Banned

Quote:
Great post. Illustrates the gleeful ignorance of the voting public. d

Sun news had terrible production value, but they covered many stories that were ignored by ALL the other "mainstream" media.

There will be lots of people on the left that are glad this happened, particularly so close to the upcoming election.