Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-08-2010, 06:52 PM

Default electric auger

Just picked up an electric auger tonight ,does anyone else on this fourm have one . Just wonding ,how many holes will it drill if I just drag a car battery out on the ice and hooking it up to that ,rather than driving my truck on the ice and letting it run while hooked up to the truck battery.
Old 12-08-2010, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by -JR- View Post
Just picked up an electric auger tonight ,does anyone else on this fourm have one . Just wonding ,how many holes will it drill if I just drag a car battery out on the ice and hooking it up to that ,rather than driving my truck on the ice and letting it run while hooked up to the truck battery.
Let me know how it works... I haven't heard anything about them, but I have been wondering whether to buy an electric or a gas. Review!!
Old 12-08-2010, 07:05 PM

I bought an IceGator last winter, and I love it. Which one did you pick up???
Old 12-08-2010, 07:10 PM

slingshotz has one as well. as an alternative to a heavy car battery, I picked up a booster pack from crappy tire 500 amp boost and 1000 amp total for less than a car battery. used it heavy all last weekend, fishtv as well as lights after dark, and barely drained it, you can plug it into your lighter socket and recharge it on the way to the lake. Im curious to see how it will do powering my electric trolling motor next open water season too. weighs way less than a full size battery.

Shove your masks and your vaccines
Non Compliance!!!!!!
"According to Trudeau, Im an extremist who needs to be dealt with"
#Trudeau must go

Wheres The Funds

The vaccine was not brought in for COVID. COVID was brought in for the vaccine. Once you realize that, everything else makes sense.” ~ Dr. Reiner Fuellmich
Old 12-08-2010, 07:29 PM
Banned

You can watch them go on you tube, they might be on to something!!!! Just think an auger that always starts. I bought a Nautlis booster pack from canadain tire, it has an air compressor, AGM Deep Cycle battery, Handle, lighter than a normal battery , lights on it and run my 36lbs thrust trolling motor a good 6hrs on one charge. It might work good and the nice thing is you can use it for other things. If you catch them on sale I paid $115 for mine and you can plug it in to you 12v cig plug to charge on the drive out fishing.

Just a thought.