Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fly-Fishing Discussion

Old 11-12-2016, 06:14 PM

Default definitely last day

Last day fishing today, kept the best till last, 17 on a leech ranging from 8 to 19 inches, roll on next spring
Old 11-13-2016, 06:52 PM

Today was my last day in the canoe 'til next spring. Five slabs on cast and strip vampire leech pattern and a number of smaller ones.

My fishing diary notes catching trout in open water in Edmonton area from April 7 to November 13. Must be some kind of record, for me at least!
Old 11-13-2016, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Flyguy View Post
Today was my last day in the canoe 'til next spring. Five slabs on cast and strip vampire leech pattern and a number of smaller ones.

My fishing diary notes catching trout in open water in Edmonton area from April 7 to November 13. Must be some kind of record, for me at least!
My last weekend too. Went out for brookies on Friday, tigers and rainbows Saturday and finished it off with a bunch of pike today.

First day on open water was March 1st so over 9 months open water fishing lol.

Still hoping for some plus temps early December then I can take back this post and go catch some more fish lol.
Old 11-15-2016, 07:55 AM

Could be several weeks or longer before we see much hard water in the south. Mostly single digits highs in the 14 day forecast, so not packing away my stuff just yet. Sounds like y'all have had some great days on the water!
Old 11-15-2016, 05:17 PM

By the looks of our weather forecast, today may have been my last day of fishing this yr.

I went out to catch at least 1 more Tiger before freeze up. Manage to do that along with about 30 Rainbows. All caught on a Leech. (Vampire Vippy) It was deadly the last 2 times out. Biggest Rainbow today was 17in.

Caught a couple of male Tigers a couple days ago deck out in spawning colors, they were just gorgeous.

Tight Lines Always
Dennis S.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:12 AM

Sounds like Black Nugget. Glad to hear there are some bigger 'bows there as well.

The vampire leech pattern worked well at Spring on Sunday for some very big 'bows.
Old 11-16-2016, 08:40 AM

Yes Black Nugget.

It was heart breaking to fish there for most of all last week and only catch 1 or 2 Tiger each time. I know well over 8000 were stocked last oct.
I think a bunch of letters needs to be sent to Shannon Philip's and get Tigers designated or there won't be any left.

Tight Lines Always
Dennis S