Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-30-2002, 12:47 PM
Gun Registration Fin

Default Gun Registration Fines!?

I can't believe I've spent the last two afternoons phoning the R.C.M.P, Fish and Wildlife, Prosecutors and of course the pathetically unorganized Gun Registration office. Each of the above mentioned referred me back and and forth to one another for information regarding fines for violations such as:
1. Having no P.A.L or P.O.L
2. Hunting with an unregistered rifle
3. Your registered rifle being used in a serious crime committed not by yourself, are you liable?
4. Unsafe storage
5. Lending your rifle to a friend during a hunt
6. Refusing to allow your personal property to be confiscated ( antique rifle,etc.)
7. What if the rifle you purchased 10 years ago from a friends friends friend was reported stolen
I asked each of these questions to the above authorities and not one of them could answer any of my questions. The only information I received were " pass the buck" responses. eg. The fish and Wildlife told me that the R.C.M.P were the people to phone because they do not have the time nor the man power to involve themselves.
The R.C.M.P referred me to the Fish and Wildlife because they would be the enforcers of the new registration laws in regards to hunting. They both gave me the Gun Registration number to phone and the results were that they know nothing about anything. The prosecutor had no information about the laws and referred me back to the R.C.M.P.
Does anyone know something about the fines that will be in place soon or where someone could get that information.
Old 07-08-2002, 02:58 AM
captain2kca

HEHEHE Shows how muck our government is like a "Well Oiled Machine." With each part working in harmony. Phone them EVERYDAY until they can answer your questions......after all, as public servants, that is their JOB!!! Especially the R.C.M.P....they should be able to tell you the fines associated with most of the "possibilities" you mentioned above. Yup, that is what I would do.....waste LOTS of their time asking them the same questions everyday until they can answer it...
Old 07-08-2002, 08:29 AM
winged1

Default fines?

you just gotta be thinking about confiscation. I don't think the feds had it in mind to allow unregistered arms for a fee (fines). Amazing opportunity for collectors and dealers though.