Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 08-25-2002, 09:55 PM
S/N sticke

Default S/N sticker question

I own a 50 year old 410 Mossberg (Model 183D-C) that was manufactured without a serial number. I received the serial number sticker that I am supposed to place on my shotgun but I have reservations about doing so since the gun is in near mint condition and I feel this will ruin it's character.

Am I allowed to have the government issued S/N engraved on the barrel instead of placing this eye-sore of a sticker on my gun? Thanks.
Old 08-25-2002, 11:27 PM
sticker

Default sticker

Read the info letter that came with the sticker. The one I got said that engraving the number on the gun was an option
Robin.
Old 08-27-2002, 02:20 AM
Stickers

Default Stickers

I now have 7 guns registered, and to date have only received 1 sticker to place on a gun. These half of the guns have been registered for about 1.5 years, I guess the stickers can't be that important!
Old 08-28-2002, 03:06 PM
sticker

Default sticker

I agree with what you're saying. How important is a serial number sticker on a gun when it's used properly, however I don't want to be arguing with a game warden or cop over a silly S/N when I could be out hunting.

Since it's a federal regulation, I highly doubt that the provincial conservation officers will even enforce this...at least for the first couple of years. To me it would be one more headache for them to have to deal with.