Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-23-2019, 08:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I don't consider over 100,000 high paying jobs in the oil industry to be a small minority. Those 100,000 jobs at $100,000 per job, add up to $10 billion or more in annual income. And that doesn't include the revenue lost by companies that did business with the oil companies.
^^This

And depending on the city or town this makes up a higher % of the population
Old 12-23-2019, 09:09 AM

Nobody not even Turdo leaves a $10 billion pipeline sitting without oil in line. Even Enbridge line 3 is now pumping oil into line and American portion of line not completed. Oil will flow in TMX regardless of a few diehard rouge Enviromentalists and Keepers of the Land. We might even get $60 a barrel world oil prices instead of $38 American discount price.
Old 12-23-2019, 09:49 AM

Exclamation It was made for him

Someone mentioned that Trudeau is vacationing in Costa Rica? He won't be used to the Canadian winter when he gets back, we should send him some warm clothes.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg emperor's new clothes.jpg (33.6 KB, 106 views)

“We seem to be getting closer and closer to a situation where nobody is responsible for what they did but we are all responsible for what somebody else did.”- Thomas Sowell
Old 12-23-2019, 10:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ram crazy View Post
A lot of these problems are self inflicted. People living way beyond their means. Lots of people are living one paycheck away from a disaster.
Yes, there are/were many living like this but there are also many thousands who don't live like this that are in serious financial trouble.
Buying a home and driving a decent vehicle is not living beyond your means. These are the ones that are now facing bankruptcy and foreclosure. They have lost jobs, that were once secure, that they held for 20 years or more. Some of these people have been able to find alternate jobs, many have not. Going without a paycheck for a year or more is going to put a ton of financial stress on anyone in these positions and I really don't think they can be blamed for it.

With a couple strokes of a pen, Trudeau decimated an entire industry. Had pipelines been approved instead of cancelled, we would not be in this position right now. Trudeau killed every pipeline leading out of our province except for the one that he knew would face the biggest challenges of getting final approval. He also introduced bills to make sure no other pipelines would ever be built. Alberta is facing a crisis that was induced by the federal government, not by our own citizens living beyond their means.
Old 12-23-2019, 03:26 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
Yes, there are/were many living like this but there are also many thousands who don't live like this that are in serious financial trouble.
Buying a home and driving a decent vehicle is not living beyond your means. These are the ones that are now facing bankruptcy and foreclosure. They have lost jobs, that were once secure, that they held for 20 years or more. Some of these people have been able to find alternate jobs, many have not. Going without a paycheck for a year or more is going to put a ton of financial stress on anyone in these positions and I really don't think they can be blamed for it.

With a couple strokes of a pen, Trudeau decimated an entire industry. Had pipelines been approved instead of cancelled, we would not be in this position right now. Trudeau killed every pipeline leading out of our province except for the one that he knew would face the biggest challenges of getting final approval. He also introduced bills to make sure no other pipelines would ever be built. Alberta is facing a crisis that was induced by the federal government, not by our own citizens living beyond their means.
Actually, it often is. If you're buying a $600,000 house and car and you don't have the money... then yes, you're living beyond your means. Just because everyone else does it doesn't mean it's not.
Old 12-23-2019, 06:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterdon View Post
I'm in Edmonton. I know a lot of people and none have been laid off.

Was at the mall several times in the last week. Very busy with people shopping.

The roads are very busy with people driving to and from work.

There's no crisis visible here.

Of course we are borrowing billions of dollars to keep the status quo which is not healthy.
Well as long as West Edmonton Mall is busy Alberta is fine...

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 12-23-2019, 07:22 PM
Banned

Quote:

I can appreciate what people are going through.
But in free market, adapt or die. The writing on the walls have been there for years. Outlook is only worse, may be harsh but thats reality.

Kenny falsely gave hope to thousands in this province, now hes playing the blame game.

The world is trying to go in another direction, for better or worse.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Wexit Referendum Protest.
January 11, 2020 @ 11:00 am. Alberta Legislature. Edmonton, AB.

Be There........

https://images-ext-2.discordapp.net/...ges/img_17.png
Wexit is what Trudeau is trying to encourage. With them splitting the vote with the conservatives we will find the liberals or the NDP picking up seats in the prairies.
Old 12-24-2019, 05:52 PM

Quote:

No owning a nice vehicle and house isn’t living out of ones means unless you purposely buy a vehicle and/or house out of ones means. Sure I could have bought a king ranch F150 and a brand new custom house for 650000$ and most likely could make the payments but I’d still be living out of my means as I’d now be house and vehicle poor. On the other hand if I buy the F150 STX that I did and a 300000$ house I could make the payments and not be house poor. Just because you can does not mean you should!
Old 12-25-2019, 10:16 AM

Quote:
To be fair, I wouldn't say that Alberta is cratering or that we're in a crisis. It may seem that way to the small minority who were affected by layoffs and are out of work, but for the great majority times are just a little tougher but otherwise it's the status quo.
WTF ? Do you even live in Alberta ?
Old 12-25-2019, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Nobody not even Turdo leaves a $10 billion pipeline sitting without oil in line. Even Enbridge line 3 is now pumping oil into line and American portion of line not completed. Oil will flow in TMX regardless of a few diehard rouge Enviromentalists and Keepers of the Land. We might even get $60 a barrel world oil prices instead of $38 American discount price.
smoke in mirrors.... people need to open there eyes. He purchased the line so it wouldn’t be built for years. He is making too much money off bogus contracts with slimey companies like snc and importing Libyan oil. He purchased that line so he could make millions of dirty money and then look like a hero when it finally gets built.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:47 PM

Here is what I said in reaction to ram crazy talking about people living beyond their means - Yes, there are/were many living like this but there are also many thousands who don't live like this that are in serious financial trouble.

Please take the time to read the entire post before claiming I am completely wrong.
Old 12-25-2019, 12:55 PM

I wonder how unemployed Albertans are just “frustrated” on Christmas Day today?

PCFGA on Facebook
Old 12-25-2019, 11:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Here is what I said in reaction to ram crazy talking about people living beyond their means - Yes, there are/were many living like this but there are also many thousands who don't live like this that are in serious financial trouble.

Please take the time to read the entire post before claiming I am completely wrong.
The only people who are in serious financial trouble are people who were living beyond their means. (AKA people who were living on a mountain of DEBT.)

The fact is, the majority of people under a certain age are living beyond their means. Borrowing huge sums of money so you can buy anything you want (and inflate asset prices in the process) is the Canadian way. No sympathy from me. The risk was understood before they borrowed.

As much as I dislike Trudeau, you can't blame him for people living beyond their means now struggling.

Last edited by monsterdon; 12-25-2019 at 11:24 PM.
Old 12-26-2019, 07:20 AM

Quote:
The only people who are in serious financial trouble are people who were living beyond their means. (AKA people who were living on a mountain of DEBT.)

The fact is, the majority of people under a certain age are living beyond their means. Borrowing huge sums of money so you can buy anything you want (and inflate asset prices in the process) is the Canadian way. No sympathy from me. The risk was understood before they borrowed.

As much as I dislike Trudeau, you can't blame him for people living beyond their means now struggling.
In some cases yes, in some cases no. I know people that have been making a good wage for years, at jobs that were thought to be secure, they don't have every toy as some people assume, but they do have a mortgage, and now their homes are worth less that they owe, even though they have paid down substantial amounts on their mortgages. These people had built up more equity than many people did, but now they have none, because of the downturn in the industry, that was made worse by both our provincial and federal governments. As well, there are business owners in the same area, that are undergoing severe financial hardship, because of insurance companies, that have delayed pay outs on claims, years after after a huge fire destroyed many homes and businesses.
If these people lived in Quebec, the federal government would certainly intervene to help, but these people live in Alberta, in a city that depends on an industry that our federal government wants to destroy.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:

So by your way of looking at things, nobody should ever buy anything through financing to try and build equity because if they loose a job they held for 20+ years and face financial difficulties because there is no replacement work, they have been living beyond their means. You're also saying that the Trudeau governments policies, that wiped out over 100,000 jobs here, played absolutely no part in anyone going bankrupt because it was all the peoples fault for trying to build some equity by having these payments.
I think I understand you now. Must be nice to have had a bank account big enough to just pay cash for everything and never have to live beyond your means. Unfortunately for most people, we have to take on debt to build equity.
Old 12-26-2019, 10:55 AM
Banned

Quote:

And, he’s back again. How many usernames is that now Andy, 15?
Old 12-26-2019, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
And, he’s back again. How many usernames is that now Andy, 15?
Is Andy AVB3? That is what I thought reading his nonsense for the last month or so.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:19 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
Is Andy AVB3? That is what I thought reading his nonsense for the last month or so.
Yes
Old 12-26-2019, 03:02 PM

Image-1.jpg

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-26-2019, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_davey View Post
Yes
Hahahahaha. That’s too funny. Well pathetic actually.
Old 12-26-2019, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage3006 View Post
I can appreciate what people are going through.
But in free market, adapt or die. The writing on the walls have been there for years. Outlook is only worse, may be harsh but thats reality.

Kenny falsely gave hope to thousands in this province, now hes playing the blame game.

The world is trying to go in another direction, for better or worse.
That is absolutely false.

The world isn’t going in a different direction. The use of fossil fuels is increasing.
Old 12-27-2019, 12:02 AM
Banned

Quote:
So by your way of looking at things, nobody should ever buy anything through financing to try and build equity because if they loose a job they held for 20+ years and face financial difficulties because there is no replacement work, they have been living beyond their means.
Correct. If you're borrowing money that you could not pay off, then you are living beyond your means.

Quote:
You're also saying that the Trudeau governments policies, that wiped out over 100,000 jobs here, played absolutely no part in anyone going bankrupt because it was all the peoples fault for trying to build some equity by having these payments.
Trudeau played some part in it. All I'm saying is that people who were living beyond their means cannot whine and cry and blame him. Everyone knows that the government can change policies and jobs are not guaranteed. Those people chose to live beyond their means, knowing the risk, and now they have to deal with the consequences. Simple as that.

Quote:
I think I understand you now. Must be nice to have had a bank account big enough to just pay cash for everything and never have to live beyond your means. Unfortunately for most people, we have to take on debt to build equity.
You never have to take on debt to build equity.

I will create a different thread to discuss this further since I don't want to take this thread off topic.
Old 12-27-2019, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarychef View Post
That is absolutely false.

The world isn’t going in a different direction. The use of fossil fuels is increasing.
Yeah. Why is it that all we hear in Canada is the world is going in a different direction (away from fossil fuels) and yet the demand keeps growing? Why is it that we are the only ones "leaving it in the ground"? Something doesn't add up right
Old 12-27-2019, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PartTimeHunter View Post
Yeah. Why is it that all we hear in Canada is the world is going in a different direction (away from fossil fuels) and yet the demand keeps growing? Why is it that we are the only ones "leaving it in the ground"? Something doesn't add up right
Follow the money, who is benefiting financially by importing foreign oil? Look at the foreign donations to the Trudeau Foundation since 2015.
Old 12-27-2019, 04:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
Wexit is what Trudeau is trying to encourage. With them splitting the vote with the conservatives we will find the liberals or the NDP picking up seats in the prairies.
Like the Bloc Quebecois, the whole point of Wexit is NOT TO FORM the Federal Governing party. It is to LEAVE IT BEHIND!!!!

Like Quebec, an Exiting Alberta creates an Opportunity for Trudeau to support the Reforms that the Kenny Government wants, to stop the "Separatists".

That is always a more palatable solution than dealing with a bunch of hot heads, like they have in Quebec.

Drewski
Old 12-28-2019, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewski Canuck View Post
Like the Bloc Quebecois, the whole point of Wexit is NOT TO FORM the Federal Governing party. It is to LEAVE IT BEHIND!!!!

Like Quebec, an Exiting Alberta creates an Opportunity for Trudeau to support the Reforms that the Kenny Government wants, to stop the "Separatists".

That is always a more palatable solution than dealing with a bunch of hot heads, like they have in Quebec.

Drewski
Big difference. Quebec has never really considered itself as being a part of Canada. The rest of the country has. This is why Wexit will not work. All it will do is split conservative votes and lead to NDP or Liberals being elected in the west. Trudeau and Butts will continue to work at splitting the vote. The only real solution is to have them voted out.
Old 12-28-2019, 08:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dgl1948 View Post
Big difference. Quebec has never really considered itself as being a part of Canada. The rest of the country has. This is why Wexit will not work. All it will do is split conservative votes and lead to NDP or Liberals being elected in the west. Trudeau and Butts will continue to work at splitting the vote. The only real solution is to have them voted out.
the federal conservatives are conservative in name only. I think enough people in this province understand the huge unfair advantage Quebec has in the nation's capital and have had enough of the corruption and deception. voting them out? haven't you been watching the news? Trudeau dressed up like a gaudy Ronald Macdonald and danced like a drunken fool in front of foreign dignitaries. that was the lowest public display of stupidity I have ever seen, and nothing was said by the Canadian press. Trudeau puts on blackface several times and the press says nothing. Trudeau fires the justice minister because the minister would not contravene the Canadian criminal code. he still won an election after all of that. if a conservative had done only one of those things it would have been on TV every night as an emergency bulletin. central Canada elected him because they know that all of their benefits come from raping the province of Alberta. how is this so hard to understand?
Old 12-28-2019, 10:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barsik View Post
the federal conservatives are conservative in name only. I think enough people in this province understand the huge unfair advantage Quebec has in the nation's capital and have had enough of the corruption and deception. voting them out? haven't you been watching the news? Trudeau dressed up like a gaudy Ronald Macdonald and danced like a drunken fool in front of foreign dignitaries. that was the lowest public display of stupidity I have ever seen, and nothing was said by the Canadian press. Trudeau puts on blackface several times and the press says nothing. Trudeau fires the justice minister because the minister would not contravene the Canadian criminal code. he still won an election after all of that. if a conservative had done only one of those things it would have been on TV every night as an emergency bulletin. central Canada elected him because they know that all of their benefits come from raping the province of Alberta. how is this so hard to understand?
Next time Quebec wants to separate lets let all of Canada have a vote. Problem solved.
Yes I watched the election. Conservatives won the popular vote so they are not that far from running the country. It still does not change the fact that if Trudeau and Butts can fan the flames of separation in the west it will split the vote and the NDP and Liberals will benefit here.
Old 12-28-2019, 11:50 AM

The visceral hatred of Trudeau expressed in this thread warms my heart.