Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-20-2019, 09:16 PM

The only crisis in alberta that would concern sparkle socks is if the pride parade was cancelled

We were all born ignorant but one must work very hard to remain that way.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
It’s not a matter of if someone should support wexit or not it’s stating the fact that it is loosing support do to the reputation of the a portion of vocal supporter. You may not agree with it but it is happening

Adding conspiracy theories is not how you change their minds but will push more away

Display a professional calculated well thought out agenda with a solid plan to move towards that direction and it may gain power
But do you think the conspiracy theorists and nut jobs aren’t just on their to sabotage the movement? I don’t go on Facebook ever for that reason. Everyone is given a voice on Facebook.
Old 12-20-2019, 09:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HyperMOA View Post
But do you think the conspiracy theorists and nut jobs aren’t just on their to sabotage the movement? I don’t go on Facebook ever for that reason. Everyone is given a voice on Facebook.
You may have the odd troll but I would bet most of the nut jobs are there to push there personal beliefs thinking that if Alberta separates it may follow their vision of a new country. Heck I have heard some crazy ideas what some envision Albert as a country would from people face to face

With wexit not having a clear plan of vision for what they are trying to accomplish beyond independence no one knows the end game. This does not help it gain support
Old 12-21-2019, 09:37 AM

Only positive is TransMountain pipe is now going into the ground and more than 2000 guys are working on pipeline. Maybe there is light at end of the pipe/tunnel!
Old 12-21-2019, 10:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Only positive is TransMountain pipe is now going into the ground and more than 2000 guys are working on pipeline. Maybe there is light at end of the pipe/tunnel!
I will believe that Trans Mountain will happen, when the oil is flowing.
Old 12-21-2019, 12:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
No kidding , my beat is that it will get all done ext for the last 10 miles going through Burnaby . Be another FN-Greta type road block-encampment
Old 12-21-2019, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lmtada View Post
Attend a meeting. Then have actual feel, rather than Heresay
The red deer one in november was pretty spicy. Unless you're white and not an immigrant.

That ain't heresay its racism and bigotry.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:40 PM

Quote:
Do you guys think that there are Eastern trolls on the facebook purposefully undermining the group? Making it look worse than it actually is? I'm not saying for sure there is; but I'd bet there are. Nobody else is stepping up to lead the charge, no politician is going to do it until a huge chunk of the population demands it. I don't think they are perfect but until you guys step up and offer the perfect solution, they are the best we've got.
I bet there isnt one eastern troll. They dont even consider us. That being said I bet theres plenty of russian and chinese trolls though. That's whose doing most of the facebook bs. Horrible platform.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:42 PM

If only we could figure out a way to convince the Clintons that Trudeau had evidence that would put them in prison, our problems would be over.
Old 12-21-2019, 03:54 PM

Quote:
If only we could figure out a way to convince the Clintons that Trudeau had evidence that would put them in prison, our problems would be over.
So true
Old 12-21-2019, 05:13 PM

Default That right there

Quote:
Originally Posted by waldedw View Post
The only crisis in alberta that would concern sparkle socks is if the pride parade was cancelled
That right there is the funniest thing ive heard all day!
Old 12-21-2019, 05:13 PM

Default Close Second

Quote:
That is a close second!
Old 12-21-2019, 08:07 PM
Banned

Quote:
What??!?!?!! What part of Toronto are you trolling from?
I'm in Edmonton. I know a lot of people and none have been laid off.

Was at the mall several times in the last week. Very busy with people shopping.

The roads are very busy with people driving to and from work.

There's no crisis visible here.

Of course we are borrowing billions of dollars to keep the status quo which is not healthy.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
Dang! This would make a great meme!
Old 12-21-2019, 08:13 PM

Just read in the Edmonton Sun this pekar head of a PM has taken his winter vacation to Costa Rica. On our dime of course. While the West is frustrated he gets sand in his ass crack. His last vacation the accommodations for the RCMP cost us 64,000.00 and to have the air crew there on standby another 48,000.00. These figures don’t include his nanny’s or chef.

I sure hope the CPC’s get their poop in a group and find a leader that can get this country sorted out and the west working again!

BW

Last edited by Bigwoodsman; 12-21-2019 at 08:35 PM.
Old 12-21-2019, 08:28 PM

JT= can't fix stupid
- older 6x fixed scopes with fine X or target dot.
Old 12-22-2019, 03:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESOXangler View Post
I bet there isnt one eastern troll. They dont even consider us. That being said I bet theres plenty of russian and chinese trolls though. That's whose doing most of the facebook bs. Horrible platform.
I can promise you there are/were a LOT of eastern trolls in Wexit.

The Facebook group is merely a place for people to talk, there is an actual Wexit website and of course there are actual meetings for people to attend.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:10 PM

Quote:
What??!?!?!! What part of Toronto are you trolling from?
That's the first thing I thought but after a Christmas party yesterday, I found out that many don't realize just how big the problems are in Alberta. A quick google search showed them that the foreclosure rate was up 25% and suicides were up 30% in Alberta over the last 2 years. I think more than a few eyes got opened.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by monsterdon View Post

Of course we are borrowing billions of dollars to keep the status quo which is not healthy.
Go for a drive through downtown Calgary where all of the corporate offices used to be, the offices are gone, and the people that worked their lost their jobs. Of course a lot of field workers also lost their jobs as well.
Old 12-22-2019, 12:26 PM

Quote:

Edmonton is not the whole province. I have watched projects and contracts get canceled a fair amount in the last 2 months. There is definitely people being impacted financially

It may not be the end of the world but there is definitely people who are struggling. The present management of this country has definitely made a negative impact on many businesses and families but no not all
Old 12-22-2019, 08:10 PM

Quote:
X2
Trans mountain pipeline is too late. The Russians have already built a pipeline to supply China. I wonder how many protesters were in Russia
Trudeau does not want a pipeline. He lives off an annuity and profits from Saudi tankers in the St. Lawrence.

https://business.financialpost.com/c...ust-five-years
Old 12-22-2019, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Grey Wolf View Post
Not much of a pipeline if it is capped at the boarder for years to come. Better chance of a sky pipeline much like the sky-hooks we heard about. Like other things - this will become something going to no where.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Go for a drive through downtown Calgary where all of the corporate offices used to be, the offices are gone, and the people that worked their lost their jobs. Of course a lot of field workers also lost their jobs as well.
I hear it's worse in Calgary. It still affects a small minority of the population. Let's see real estate prices drop significantly, then I'd be more willing to call it a crisis. At the moment it's just harder times.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoky buck View Post
Edmonton is not the whole province. I have watched projects and contracts get canceled a fair amount in the last 2 months. There is definitely people being impacted financially

It may not be the end of the world but there is definitely people who are struggling. The present management of this country has definitely made a negative impact on many businesses and families but no not all
As I said, there are some people being laid off but for the majority it's the status quo. I just don't think we should use words like "crisis". Only a small minority of Albertans view it as a crisis, and therefore only a small minority of Albertans would likely support drastic measures which would threaten the status quo (such as separation from Canada).

Personally I am all for separation from Canada even though the poor Alberta economy barely affects me whatsoever. But, realistically, we are long, long ways away from that having popular support.
Old 12-22-2019, 09:55 PM

Quote:
I hear it's worse in Calgary. It still affects a small minority of the population. Let's see real estate prices drop significantly, then I'd be more willing to call it a crisis. At the moment it's just harder times.

As I said, there are some people being laid off but for the majority it's the status quo. I just don't think we should use words like "crisis". Only a small minority of Albertans view it as a crisis, and therefore only a small minority of Albertans would likely support drastic measures which would threaten the status quo (such as separation from Canada).

Personally I am all for separation from Canada even though the poor Alberta economy barely affects me whatsoever. But, realistically, we are long, long ways away from that having popular support.
I don't consider over 100,000 high paying jobs in the oil industry to be a small minority. Those 100,000 jobs at $100,000 per job, add up to $10 billion or more in annual income. And that doesn't include the revenue lost by companies that did business with the oil companies.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:15 PM

Quote:
I don't consider over 100,000 high paying jobs in the oil industry to be a small minority. Those 100,000 jobs at $100,000 per job, add up to $10 billion or more in annual income. And that doesn't include the revenue lost by companies that did business with the oil companies.
Yup.

Those who don’t think we’re in chrisis. I went to Costco a couple days ago, it should be packed this time of year...it was dead and I had to wait behind exactly 2 shoppers at the checkout. The lines should have been 15 deep not 2. Anyone with eyes and a brain can cruise the city and see the businesses that are shuttered.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:37 PM

I am wondering if it is just me and more pessimistic outlook on life ,but wondering if anyone else that has been out and about this season has noticed a undercurrent of I can't put my finger on it but ,wondering if it is just me?

Last edited by nitro; 12-22-2019 at 10:45 PM.
Old 12-22-2019, 10:39 PM

We need to help Justin turdoo...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpnRSMK850E
It is when you walk alone in nature that you discover your strengths and weaknesses. ~ Red Bullets
Old 12-23-2019, 05:32 AM

" for less than a cup of coffee " classic
Old 12-23-2019, 07:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deezel View Post
That's the first thing I thought but after a Christmas party yesterday, I found out that many don't realize just how big the problems are in Alberta. A quick google search showed them that the foreclosure rate was up 25% and suicides were up 30% in Alberta over the last 2 years. I think more than a few eyes got opened.
A lot of these problems are self inflicted. People living way beyond their means. Lots of people are living one paycheck away from a disaster.
Old 12-23-2019, 08:06 AM

Default Pierre Poilievre

Keep an eye on this guy....GREAT guy....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iwoZ...ature=youtu.be

We have two lives: The life we learn with and the life we live with after that.