Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-19-2019, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Actually, I had to milk a bull moose.
Ya, I fell for that one too, and I didn't even get the job!
Old 12-22-2019, 07:18 AM

Ya think they would even slightly consider an American, living in Alberta as a Permanent Resident - married to an Albertan, ONE who has only ever shot a 22 at some camp years ago WAIT forgot my neighbor taught me to shoot at her place forget her husband's name here on AO So I can shoot a rifle BUT to be fair I really need to have the instructions written down to I can refer to them from time to time.....

I can probably crochet a rifle as a dishcloth better than I would ever be able to shoot one..........................
Old 12-22-2019, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
Actually, I had to milk a bull moose.
Were your hands warm?

In order to be a smart azz, you have to be smart otherwise you are just an azz.

You're offended.... I think it is funny and that is why I am happier than you.
Old 01-02-2020, 11:12 AM

Default Twoonie guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishnguy View Post
In order to even qualify for further selection process, one has to be a good-standing member of the “twoonie club”. Then they see how your spine shots are. The next step is your ability to put three deer in the freezer. Think that’s easy enough, you are wrong. One buck has to be shot in the head. One in the spine, but preferably in the middle between neck and tail for most backstrap spoilage. The third one can be a doe, but you have to make sure that when she runs after the first hit, the next cartridge you try to chamber is from another rifle of the same caliber; bonus points if the cartridge doesn’t fit. The time is yet to tell what the next round in the selection process is. Oh, almost forgot, you also need to post a bunch of very short stories from decades ago, but you have to write it so that most readers get confused and think that this is something that happened very recently.
Good one--You have to answer a skill testing question--Were are the trees in newfoundland--Between the twos and fours.Its all part of the fun--And not get upset when someone gets more game than you--and can out shoot you.Have to have a thick skin..All I can suggest for you is give your mommy a call.hahahaheheheheh.
Old 01-02-2020, 05:09 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by 270person View Post
QUALIFIER 1: must shoot ancient cartridges that can be timed with a sundial, dating to pre civil war....30-06 for example

QUALIFIER 2: Minimum 40 plaid articles of clothing in closet...one of which must be a suit. Brownie points if you own a Fudd hat and suspenders which....if you shoot a 30-06, are a given

QUALIFIER 3: Large fluffy moustache...preferably handlebar..ish. Preference given to those that can link to outcroppings of ear and nose hair.

QUALIFIER 4: Must drive an Asian built "truck" and actually consider yourself a "truck" driver
I only have twenty paid shirts, and still got the job. I do however meet all the other qualifications.

On a serious note, it takes a special person to do the job.

In the end it wasn't for me. I never felt I was right for the job. I don't have the time nore the patience.

For those who think it is a cool job, it's not as cool as it seems. It takes more work then most people have time for and to be good at it you have to have the patience of Job.

The one thing I did like about the job was the opportunity it afforded to support this community in ways one can't as a regular member.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 01-02-2020, 07:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KegRiver View Post
I only have twenty paid shirts, and still got the job. I do however meet all the other qualifications.

On a serious note, it takes a special person to do the job.

In the end it wasn't for me. I never felt I was right for the job. I don't have the time nore the patience.

For those who think it is a cool job, it's not as cool as it seems. It takes more work then most people have time for and to be good at it you have to have the patience of Job.

The one thing I did like about the job was the opportunity it afforded to support this community in ways one can't as a regular member.
X100
I help out an Admin on another site for 4mths..burned me right out.
From the top of my heart:
"Thx Mods for your fantastic Talents" !!