Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 01-03-2020, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkman View Post
Anybody else wind up with a hacking cough for the New Year? Never had a cough come up this fast...really no other symptoms yet.

How about some surefire home remedies or even the drug store? My theory is either the crowded Bo's New Years party (Red Deer) or the 30 minutes of A/C when we first arrived at our hotel (heat was cranked).
Glass of warm water with half teaspoon of salt and half teaspoon of baking soda, add a few drops of iodine. Gargle every hour.
If cough is really bothering you, don’t waste your time drinking Bakleys or similar things. Ask you doctor or pharmacist for a cough syrup with CODEIN. That and only that will suppress the cough.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:31 PM

Posted here on 11 Nov I was sick. Well, it developed into full blown let-me-die, eased off by mid- December and I'm still coughing up lungs. Bad stuff this whatever it is.
Old 01-03-2020, 01:59 PM

Default Sure is

This flu bug has been a bad one, and Medical authorities are stating the flu in Canada typically peaks in October/November, this year they are January. And it’s mostly been Bacterial in our area. I read some awful cough suppressant recipes on here, but coughing has a purpose, dont want to stop it completely. You want that Bubonic plague looking lung butter out of there!
Best way to avoid this mess? Open public doors with the sleeve of your coat, wash your hands like Micheal Jackson greeted you, and carry and use hand sanitizer. Or head to your cabin from Oct 15 to Feb 1.
Hope your all feeling better soon.
Old 01-03-2020, 03:34 PM

I knew it, like I said earlier, it was not just my computer that got infected with that virus. Going on day 12 and just starting to come around. In the middle of it 3 days in a row with 2 hrs sleep total. Dry Cough cough cough for hours on end and now just getting over the plugged up head cold thing. You just had to start it didn't you
Hope all are feeling better. One of the worst Christmas and New Years for me ever. Think it's time to become a hermit, stay away from all the infectious people. LOL
Old 01-03-2020, 04:10 PM
Banned

I got pneumonia just before I started my new job. Luckily I knew ahead of time it was going to get ugly and asked for two weeks before starting. First time I was sick in over five years and it was a doozy. When I get sick, I get real sick unfortunately. Don’t hesitate on getting a second opinion from a doctor like I did. The second doc told me I should be intensive care. I hope you feel better soon!.
Old 01-03-2020, 04:10 PM

The wife and I picked up something similar, if not the same thing, at the family Christmas party. We both went to the walk in clinic yesterday and were told it is a viral infection. My wife was feeling a whole lot worse than me but they were more concerned with me and I was sent for chest x-rays. They have put us both on a heavy regiment of antibiotics (1500mg/day) with strict orders to return if it hasn't broke in 3 days time or if it gets worse.

I'm normally the guy who doesn't need/want to see a doctor but I'm pretty thankful that my wife drug me in to see him. We were both very sick for 4 days or so and have had lingering symptoms for 7 more days so my wife had a feeling that it was something more. I never heard anything back (yet) about the x-rays so I assume it was precautionary.
Old 01-03-2020, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
Is it just me or do cold’s/flu’s these days feel like they are more potent and longer lasting then back in the day?
I had a bug last winter that lasted three months, a few people I know had it and theirs lasted just as long.

It just wouldn't go away.

To the OP,

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=tUd8Qs_DAZ0
Old 03-26-2020, 03:20 PM

Maybe a bit of a satirical post. Maybe COVID-19 started here...

Unlikely, but easy to see how easy it would come to that conclusion today. Hard to tell what a person has.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:25 PM

Default fighting the fight!

My wife claims the reason I dont get sick is due to all the scotch I drink. I told her I plan to self-medicate every night to help me get through this!

And OP, I hope you get through this and recover soon.
Old 03-26-2020, 03:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldgutpile View Post
My wife claims the reason I dont get sick is due to all the scotch I drink. I told her I plan to self-medicate every night to help me get through this!

And OP, I hope you get through this and recover soon.
He was sick in October so hopefully he is long better! China would like everyone to believe it started elsewhere!
Old 03-26-2020, 03:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndrewM View Post
He was sick in October so hopefully he is long better! China would like everyone to believe it started elsewhere!
Ya I’m definitely better, just somewhat funny that if I had what I did back in October that I’d probably have been put in a bubble today.
Old 03-26-2020, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penner View Post
Is it just me or do cold’s/flu’s these days feel like they are more potent and longer lasting then back in the day?
One of my friends is dealing with this nasty flu now, second week.
Old 03-27-2020, 10:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPants View Post
Maybe a bit of a satirical post. Maybe COVID-19 started here...

Unlikely, but easy to see how easy it would come to that conclusion today. Hard to tell what a person has.
We all had the same thing in my house and at work in november. All the symptoms of covid. Lasted 3 weeks atleast. My wife was really laid up but I was just shower tired and a had fever for a few days.

I know they say they've tracked it down to late November but I'm wondering if weve had it in my house already.
Old 03-27-2020, 04:30 PM

Same in our house. I hear more and more of this every day.