Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 03-02-2020, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deer Hunter View Post
nice truck . she looks like she's hauling some load there . Gm guy here , Been my hunting truck for years , pushing 350k
Old 03-07-2020, 02:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazIce View Post
This thread has me dying lolololol

I’m surprised nobody mentioned a big sunroof. Screw shooting out the window; you can setup a mobile roof blind and shoot in every direction.

Also another couple of good features are the James Bond switching license plate and oil slick release to lose any “problems” that follow you around.
I may or may not know a guy that had an old Chevy Blazer with a removable sunroof that used it for doing exactly that in heavily infested gopher pastures.... The 360 degree shooting could prove handy... Haha
Old 03-07-2020, 03:41 PM

Racken Rest ............choice of expert poachers all over the world for over 20 years ..... you can also get a light kit to mount to it for those dark nights when "hunting" deer in farmer's fields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rs10M4b1iY
Old 03-09-2020, 09:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy92 View Post
What’s everyone use for daily driver and hunting truck? I also go quading and camping in summer, I’m too indecisive on my next truck, I used to have a 2011 Ford F-150 fx4 but the box was too small and have the big center console with bucket seats was a pain to store the gun, I been to some dealers, I like the Toyota Toyota Tacoma for reliability and all the aftermarket options but I’m not sure if that would be to small or not and cannot get it with a bench seat? The base model Ford F-150 the XLT can have full 4 doors and 6’5 box with bench seat but I’m always thinking about the reliability, been to Gmc the can almost accomplish everything except having the full 4 doors with the 6’5 box. Let me know some opinions thanks in advance!
I have a 2013 F150 Lariat I use for everything. It has the 6' box. I have a 40" x 72" - 3/4" thick piece of treated plywood (was from a wooden box liner) I use for a ramp and a headache rack with a 2500 lb quad winch I can drop into the pockets at the front of the box for cranking moose and elk into the back. Works like a darn and I can remove it just as easily. I have a cap that sits on the truck the other 11 months of the year.

As for guns and the center console, I bought one of these for gun storage while hunting:

https://riflecaddy.com/products/rifle-caddy/

and it works quite well. It, and the gun(s) sit on top of the console. I quite like it and consider it a good investment.

We ordered this truck new in 2013 and I've put over 160,000 km's on it. A lot of that pulling a 24' trailer all over the pacific northwest and AB/SK/BC with no real issues to speak of. It's been extremely reliable.
I am the captain of my soul.

***William Henley***

Tags
driving, hunting, truck