Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 09-21-2011, 05:36 PM

Edmonton (NE)
Read most of the above posts ,did not see anyone looking for a partner from Edmonton yet.
I"m free this weekend (24th) Was out last weekend doing a solo hunt for elk.
Anyone wants to do a day hunt for elk give me a shout.If you have a smaller truck than my gas eater that would be a bounce
PS .I'm in my late 40s -hunted in alberta for years.

Last edited by -JR-; 09-21-2011 at 05:41 PM.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:05 AM

Smile was hunting turkey

I used to hunt turkey with my BSA contender rifle scope. Has anyone heard of
welcomeget.com? I got my second rifle scope there half a year ago. I seldom find other scope store in Vancouver.
Old 09-24-2011, 12:35 PM

If your still on the look and need a partner let me know. im in Calgary and work 4 on 4 off and have lots of free time during the 4 days off. i would love to get out in the woods

Jim
Old 09-24-2011, 12:37 PM

would love to hunt some birds with ya, haven't done much waterfowl hunting either but im definitely interested.

Jim
Old 09-25-2011, 08:31 AM

Default Partner Needed

Hi Folks

Live here in Calgary and Wife says I need a reliable hunting Partner -- Hunt deer and Elk -- have a cow tag for 314 -- hunt with rifle and bow --probably bow later in season -- Hunt most weekends till wife gets tired of me gone . Dont smoke and bevvies after day is done is ok ( never in field ), hunted all my life very ethical -- early mornings -- will drive as far as Caroline /Rocky Mnt for a day hunt for big deer if any one can point the way .Otherwise pretty much like to get out one day a week end . Picked up a new hunting rig and its needing to get used . A little hot to hunt in the day but the weather is changing so hope to be out soon

Eat what I hunt -- Hunt what I eat

If your interested we should chat
My email if you like < iammares@shaw.ca>

Cheers

Ian

"Tread softly -- Shoot Straight "
Old 09-26-2011, 08:52 AM

Hey everyone,

Looking for a hunting partner/mentor in the greater Edmonton area. I have no issues going a few hours in any direction, and I'm very familiar with the Whitecourt area. As well, I do have some land permission in the Camrose area, so someone based out of there would be great. I'm just getting into hunting, and looking to gain all the experience I can. My goals for the year are to fill a couple of whitetail tags to put meat in the freezer.

Due to starting a new job, I'm not 100% sure of my schedule yet, but I'm hoping to (at least) be able to get out for a few weekends this year. I currently only hunt with a rifle, and I don't smoke.

Shoot me a PM if you're interested in helping me out!
Old 09-26-2011, 08:32 PM

hey everyone im looking for a hunting partner for me and my wife this will be her first hunting season and as far as my experience is limited to hunting the family farm for white tails so as far as that goes i still have a lot to learn and experience i live in edmonton and always looking to meet people and learn. shoot me an e-mail if anyone is interested. Joel.wanchuk@gmail.com

Last edited by Wanchuk; 09-26-2011 at 08:44 PM.
Old 09-26-2011, 11:33 PM

Default Oppourtunity is here

fully set up camp (tahsjamahal) looking for someone to share the work load and costs
for 354 end of oct. Light social drinker, mid 40's easy going. Must have interest in hunting and appreciate a nice camp and be a good person. Physically fit and can hold their own cleanliness and personal hygene is a good thing. No free rides here just a chance to have some fun huntin. Family man no parties just r&r with a little of character building hard work. (shared)

Last edited by pancakeman; 09-26-2011 at 11:40 PM.
Old 09-27-2011, 12:19 PM

I am in Lloydminster and I have a muley buck tag for wmu 236. I have one spot with permission but I am looking to broaden my search. I am a responsible hunter who walks to my hunting areas. Not really into truck hunting. I dont give out my 'honey holes' to others unless they are willing to talk to the landowner. I am not from AB but have been here for 6 years and I find it tough to get people to give permission cause of all the retards out there. If anyone is willing to help, please pm me and I will give you my number and we can go for coffee. Thanks Christopher

ps....this feels like a dating website and I'm the nerd looking for a date to the prom.......
Old 09-27-2011, 09:46 PM

Default Looking for a Hunting Partner - Calgary

Fairly new at hunting (5 yrs)
Very Experienced with outdoors and camping. Fisherman...although too
cold in fall so took up hunting.
Looking for a partner to head into Green Zone for chickens, deer and elk
Have a camper and love being out there.
Would also like to goose/duck hunt (never done)
age 47, drink, smoke
Available weekends
Old 09-27-2011, 09:49 PM

Join goose busters group. We put on goose shots for beginners and people that love to hunt birds.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:07 PM

Might get more respond in the hunting forum. But I also new to hunting. Very comfortable in the
Outdoors and camping. Smoke, drink, and am 25.

Sound like a match to me!
Shoot me a pm.
Old 09-27-2011, 10:36 PM

First year hunting here looking for a partner that may be available during the week some and on weekends. I'm in cold lake and want to be hunting 514 for white tail. I'm gone end of Oct to start of Dec so need to get out there soon, wife dosnt like me hunting alone. 21, don't smoke, light drinker, have 4x4 truck.
Old 09-28-2011, 09:38 AM

Headed north of hinton this friday for 10 days. everyone has bailed on me so will be by my lonesome. the war department is not very fond of me being in the bush for that long by myself so if anyone wants to join me they are more than welcome. I have a tent and enough gear to get by. Will be looking for my first elk, whitetail and maybe a bear. Will be leaving wetaskiwin at 5 friday the 30.

Dan
Old 09-28-2011, 07:04 PM

Default ducks and geese

been out four times for ducks and geese,my partner is hurt looking for another to fill it near calgary good spot pm if interested... Need your own gear really near a good pair of chest waiders if interested pm me
PHP Code:
[PHP
[/PHP]
Old 09-30-2011, 03:32 PM

Default Hunting Partner 312-314

I live in Calgary and do all my hunting in 312 -314 and been hunting for about 20 years.
My wife gives me the gears every fall for going by myself, scouting and hunting.....as I have herd from a lot of you on this forum! last fall I had a pretty scary run in with a bull moose in early Oct. that was a little close for comfort ( a moose with googly eyes, head swaying, pawing at the ground, and grunting and me doing a monkey dance around a tree with about 4 feet between us.....pretty scary!)
I love just getting out in the woods every fall and if I get something it is just a bonus. So if anyone is in the same boat shoot me a PM !

Thanks
jt
Old 10-02-2011, 02:38 PM

Default Hunting partner needed

Hello live in red deer looking for some to go out for whitetail around Rocy area in Nov.If Anybody needs a hand on weekend or when ever just want to get out.
Old 10-04-2011, 11:29 AM

I'm a renewing hunter. I have been hunting since 15 and took a break from it for about 3 years. I'm 21 now, I'm also a student EMT so safety is always my number one concern. I have both a bow and rifle. I live in Leduc and have my own truck but no land to shoot on haha, if anyone else is looking for a hunting partner I would be happy to meet up for drinks one day and arrange something.
Old 10-05-2011, 10:59 AM

Hey all,

I'm Cam, 29 and I live in Edmonton. I've been hunting for a couple years. Interested in doing some field shoots if anybody knows or has permission on nearby land, or water shoots. I've got the next 2 weeks off!

I have my own guns, a kayak, floating decoys (duck and goose) and a good set of waders! Mainly looking to shoot migratory birds but I have my whitetail tags. I don't think I'll have time for it as I'm leaving for Afghanistan in a couple weeks.

Would love to set up a snow goose field shoot when I get back in the spring.

Thanks,
Cam
Old 10-05-2011, 09:43 PM

Default Female partner for coyotes- Lloydminster

Looking for a female coyote hunting partner for Lloydminter area. Every three or four months I head down to Lloyd for 3 or 4 days to hunt coyotes on pretty good size ranch & video tape the the whole thing. Self filming coyotes is pretty tough so filming another hunter from time to time would be great. Please send me a pm if interested. Female only.

Thanks
Old 10-07-2011, 07:10 AM

Default In need of mentor

I'm new to Alberta and live in Edmonton. I do have a couple of years out in the bush in BC but still needing to learn the ropes. I'm in need of someone to go out with that knows the land as I don't hunt alone. I didn't get any draws so I can go almost anywhere. Went out last year on a weekend but haven't yet gotten anything in Alberta yet. Looking for my first Alberta buck. I'm 28 and a father to a 2 year old girl my wife is a full time student. Don't normally smoke (Have a cigar for my first kill) and rearly drink. I don't always have the oportunity to go out for week long trips but I will take what I can get.

Last edited by sveters; 10-07-2011 at 07:15 AM. Reason: Add more info
Old 10-08-2011, 10:04 PM
Banned

heading out to 412, 414, 316 area tom morning. going for mule / wt buck. leaving from calg. pm me.
Old 10-09-2011, 06:22 PM

Default Zone 337

Looking for an archery moose hunting partner in this zone.

Please PM.

I have any and all gear.

From Rimbey area.

R
Old 10-09-2011, 06:24 PM

Default Bear

ANybody looking for a bear hunting partner in the Rimbey, north of Rocky, Eckville area for years moving forward?

Please PM

Haven't hunted bear in 15 years.

Have piles of gear.

R
Old 10-10-2011, 06:40 PM

Default Hey man...

My name is Johnny and I just saw your posting... I went last year to 507 and it is good!!! i couldnt get anything that day but my friends went back and got 2 elk the same day... I could have got a white tail but because of the lights, i couldnt tell if it was whit tail or mule so... hahaha so you know...

So I think is a good place! we went close to connors creek...

I wanted to ask you something... do you hunt big horn???

I was willing to go with just my wife since noooobody wants to go to the mountains cuz its a lot of walking!!!

So i wanted to close to grand cache either 444 or 440 but im not sure if its a good idea going by myself or with my wife only... u know... lots of bears and stuff...

Any advice???

Thanks!

Johnny
Old 10-10-2011, 07:04 PM

Default Hunting Partner in Fort Mcmurray area

Hi I am looking for a hunting partner in the Fort Mcmurray area for geese, ducks and coyote hunting. I have all kinds of gear for this and all kinds of guns for this. The only problem I have is finding people to actually go. I am willing to travel pretty much anywhere within a 500km radius or more. I am also in Bonnyville all the time so even a partner there would be great. Anyway if interested pm me please.
Thanks
Jeff
Old 10-16-2011, 09:08 PM

My wife,son and I hunt together. I'm 60, wife's 50 and our son is 17. I usually go out and set up camp in mid-Sept and various hunting partners come and go as their time allows them. Let's get together over coffee and see if we are compatible. If things feel good, we can start planning for spring bear and a 2012 fall hunt.
Old 10-19-2011, 04:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc99c View Post
My wife,son and I hunt together. I'm 60, wife's 50 and our son is 17. I usually go out and set up camp in mid-Sept and various hunting partners come and go as their time allows them. Let's get together over coffee and see if we are compatible. If things feel good, we can start planning for spring bear and a 2012 fall hunt.
Drop me a line over the off season... if you are interested in a trip to GP...good times await.

Mike
Old 10-23-2011, 08:05 PM

I'm looking for a hunting mentor, Pretty new at hunting upland birds and need some more local expirience. I live in Okotoks and am willing to drive or pay for gas, I'm 30, have 2 kids, and my name is Greg.
Old 10-24-2011, 12:00 PM

hey greg i also live in okotoks a few of us are going out tonight, and always on the weekends.. have to have a good pair of chest waiders ****ty water shoot me a text somtime 4039235649 my name is nathan