Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 05-26-2020, 04:48 PM

Default How long to get drawn in an area?

Is there a way to find out how long or how much priority you need to get drawn in a certain area ?
I have found my personal draw priority on albertarealm but I can't go any farther.

I did that 999 thing waiting for my son to get old enough to go but that didn't work so then I was waiting for my daughter and thats been great.
I do have some priority on some draws that I really don't know if I should bother with.
Example cow moose priority 6 and non trophy antelope priority 4
Might be quicker to put in for bull moose or trophy antelope. Haha might not have the health left for either but then again I'm getting worse all the time but she is getting stronger so maybe we can do something in the future.
Old 05-26-2020, 04:54 PM

Default How long to get drawn in an area?

You can only get a best guess from looking at the last year draw results.

It will show what percentage of people were drawn at what priority point they had.

I.e priority 4=100%
Priority 3= 20%
Priority 2= 0%

Might be a little easier this year with having to buy the wildlife cert first and/or people not wanting to make plans on a draw due to COVID.

Last few years at the zone I hunt were close to the same % of draw chances.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 05-26-2020, 04:54 PM

You can likely pick any zone for cow moose and get it now. Non-trophy antelope will be a bit longer but not out of the question. Go back to the alberta relm site and you will find the draw summaries, go to historical and go from there.
Old 05-26-2020, 05:00 PM

In Alberta Realm, (you dont even need to log in to see this)

Along the top you will see a tab called DRAW SUMMARIES with a down arrow.
Hold your mouse curser over that, or click on it if on a phone/tablet

up comes 2 choices, current season, historical information

the historical shows all past years that they have been holding it on Alberta Realm.
click on the year you want, then pick species. All draw results will be shown for it.

Hope that helps. I know your new to getting all your info on it, so any question just fire away.
Old 05-26-2020, 07:05 PM

Thank you everyone.
I can get to the draw summary's
I touch it and two choices come down for a second.
Current and historical
I touch historical but all I get is walleye fish stuff. Don't matter what I touch or how often I just get fish stuff. Maybe its a problem with they're web site? Maybe I will wait a few days and try again?
Old 05-26-2020, 07:07 PM

Mine does that if I select current but not historical. That’s bizarre, but it looks like a lot of people have had glitches with the site today
Old 05-26-2020, 08:32 PM

I'm just on there now researching. Everything is there for me
Old 05-31-2020, 04:50 PM

Default draw reports and harvest reports

The only addition I have is if you compare harvest reports along side the draw reports you'll be able to estimate where your high priority points have the best value. If you talk to the local biologist they can also tell you what the average hunter days to success are in your preferred zone. Of course your personal scouting trumps all of the above. And for the record the auto purchase of Wildlife Certificates has nothing to do with reducing wait times. If a draw is 999 then that person is not in the draw and as no affect on the wait time to get that draw. if I need a priority 4 but have a priority 25 and 999 the draw so that I'm a 26 next year, then I have no affect on this years draw regardless of whether I buy a Wildlife Certificate or not.
Old 05-31-2020, 10:08 PM

Default Map

From another thread
https://www.albertahuntmap.ca/
WDF
Old 06-01-2020, 12:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coxy95 View Post
Mine does that if I select current but not historical. That’s bizarre, but it looks like a lot of people have had glitches with the site today
Confused me for a second today too. The current season summary isn’t on there because the draw hasn’t happened yet. Last years draw is under the historical tab.