Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 06-07-2020, 12:14 PM

I have in excess of a half dozen Dasher builds ... I think Henry did a couple. Thing is the Dasher from the 6BR case has the .473 rim diameter. Would need to check, but think the Grendel has a rim diameter of about .440?

Last edited by 260 Rem; 06-07-2020 at 12:20 PM.
Old 06-07-2020, 01:33 PM

Don't forget that a lot of these "Hornady or XXX sold it to the military" cartridges are special runs for trials, for Joint Special Ops Command, and the JSSAP, who are still working on the NGSW programs with the SIG, Textron and GD and etc, 30cal, 6mm, 6.5mm & 6.8 stuff to develop for the Army/Marines, who both want something different than each other. They are trying out all kinds of stuff down there, to see if they can find anything that hits the balance they want. Couple of yrs from now, those who didn't clear the hurdles of the trials, which also need to be adopted by NATO, will be gone. How well they'll catch on in the civilian market before their acceptance or demise????? Quite possible some will not be released to civilian market down the road.
Nice part at the moment is, in the JSOC arena, they have places to go and use them in real life practical applications, to see if they'll do the job needed to be done, or not.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:38 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 260 Rem View Post
I have in excess of a half dozen Dasher builds ... I think Henry did a couple. Thing is the Dasher from the 6BR case has the .473 rim diameter. Would need to check, but think the Grendel has a rim diameter of about .440?
My bad, thought it was the 7.62x39 case As base. Does sound like they are doing Grendels with different extractor.
Old 06-07-2020, 02:40 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 32-40win View Post
Don't forget that a lot of these "Hornady or XXX sold it to the military" cartridges are special runs for trials, for Joint Special Ops Command, and the JSSAP, who are still working on the NGSW programs with the SIG, Textron and GD and etc, 30cal, 6mm, 6.5mm & 6.8 stuff to develop for the Army/Marines, who both want something different than each other. They are trying out all kinds of stuff down there, to see if they can find anything that hits the balance they want. Couple of yrs from now, those who didn't clear the hurdles of the trials, which also need to be adopted by NATO, will be gone. How well they'll catch on in the civilian market before their acceptance or demise????? Quite possible some will not be released to civilian market down the road.
Nice part at the moment is, in the JSOC arena, they have places to go and use them in real life practical applications, to see if they'll do the job needed to be done, or not.
Ya the videos around the release said they unit that officially adopted this new 6-Arc had been fielding it for a year. So it’s gone through that trial and been adopted by a certain element within dod.