Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-25-2015, 10:12 AM

Default If you don't want a Liberal or NDP Federal Government get to work.

We needed to clean house in Alberta. Can't say I am happy about the NDP and their long list of under-qualified Cabinet members, but inexperienced beats the heck out of self entitled and corrupt that plagued the Provincial PCs.

What has me worried now is: I don't like the Federal poll results nor the Left Wing medias' clear support of the Liberals and NDP. As much as I fear an NDP Federal Government, a Liberal majority lead by Pierre Trudeau's devil spawn would be even worse.

If you want to help make sure the Conservatives have the best chance possible, join the party, donate some cash and most of all volunteer to work with your local MP and the riding association to help ensure they get re-elected. How many know their local MP, are they running again, what are their qualifications?

Hunters, sportsman and those concerned about the economy across Canada really need to thin about getting actively involved or you get what you get.

I wonder how many are actually willing to put in the work and or put up the cash vs gripping and belly aching on forums?
Old 05-25-2015, 10:26 AM

Thumbs up Get involved!

My Dad used to say ...
"Basically, there are two kinds of people in this world. There's the armchair whiners, bitchers, bellyachers, and complainers who spend their lives doing little to nothing for the common good. And then there's the proactive 'Doers', who walk-the-talk, get involved, and strive to make a difference."

Ask yourselves ... "Which one are you?"

Mac
Old 05-25-2015, 10:35 AM

c51 anyone?
Old 05-25-2015, 10:41 AM
Banned

i paid my $60
Old 05-25-2015, 10:47 AM

Many Canadians are not happy with some of what Harper has done. Not throwing my support behind Mulclair or Truduea at all, but the conservatives have an uphill battle ahead of them. I don't see them winning that battle either.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 05-25-2015, 11:00 AM

Seeing as Harpers govt gutted The Fisheries Act, the Navigable Waters Protection Act, and the Federal Environmental Assessment Act (to name a few..), I have no clue how any person who calls themselves an outdoorsman could vote for him again. Sorry, just the facts.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyguitar View Post
Seeing as Harpers govt gutted The Fisheries Act, the Navigable Waters Protection Act, and the Federal Environmental Assessment Act (to name a few..), I have no clue how any person who calls themselves an outdoorsman could vote for him again. Sorry, just the facts.
And how do you vote for the anti gun/hunting/fishing left

Just the facts
Old 05-25-2015, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommyguitar View Post
Because the Grits and Dippers WILL, not if, but WILL remove all weapons that fire projectiles from your possession.

The Fed. NDP also hold resolutions from previous meetings that will kill any and all prosperity in Alberta.
Old 05-25-2015, 11:33 AM

Hahaha. Is that all you got? "they're coming to take our guns!"... After the last snafu I would say NO, they aren't. Gun owner groups are strong thankfully in Canada.

How about having a secret police force that can spy on you without a warrant? Would you like that? Hint: It's before the senate right Now.

HOW ABOUT the fisheries act, navigable waters act and environmental assessment act that you so conveniently ignored? Can't do much hunting or fishing if there's no good land to do so on, can you?
Old 05-25-2015, 12:22 PM

I guess it depends on the left wingers you talk too union or academic, union guys are not likely to be anti gun by default but they are a dying breed in the ranks.

But really the anti gun/hunting is such a forgone conclusion it's easy meat. And it is really it is only a symptom of the high intrusion mind set. The biggest issue is the lefts "I don't like that lets ban it" attitude, on subjects that are not for them to make for me or anyone else.

Progressively more and more over regulated (current favorite is ban in France on grocery stores throwing out un-salable food)
Progressively less and less take home pay (the ultimate personal freedom is what to do with my money )
Progressively less and less right to make my own decisions (think health care , education and all the other universal program they would bring in, Fit in or Frack off)
Old 05-25-2015, 12:41 PM

Agreed.
Old 05-25-2015, 01:01 PM

Let's not forget trade deals which won't be made public until years after it goes into effect. these trade deals will allow foriegn corporations to circumvent Canadian courts through closed door arbitration to award damages for any legislation municipal, provincial and federal that would impact one of these foreign entities from profiteering from Canadian resources, ingenuity and labor.

Sovereignty is something thats important to me.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 05-25-2015, 04:27 PM

[QUOTE=tommyguitar;2845000]Hahaha. Is that all you got? "they're coming to take our guns!"... [QUOTE]

It's one of many reasons. Applicable to the AOF specifically.

You'd be surprised, a certain municipality in central Alberta, that shall remain nameless, seems to lean to the left just a tad. They are passing (probably passed already) a bylaw that prohibits any and all projectile firing "weapons" from town limits. And I mean all... even toys.

Interesting that the town put out an online survey about it and received mass backlash on the subject, and then refused to engage in a public debate. It proved to be wildly unpopular but I think they still went ahead with it anyway.

Why does C-51 bother you? Grits supported it.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:44 PM
Banned

Default Believe the leftist media spin if you want to

I hardly see Canadians outright swinging their votes and dumping the Conservatives for the NDP or the Lieberals.The Conservatives have done a pretty damn good job in the last 4 years considering what they have had to deal with.In the face of the biggest recession since the "Great Depression" they did spend a signifigant amount of money on infrastructure spending but they did not bury Canada in debt like Obama did with the USA nor was any money given way to banks with financial bailouts.This past budget was balanced and contained a lot of good things for Canadians but of course Trudeau and Mulcair derided it as being catered to well off Canadians.Well first off is the upping of the TFSA to $10,500 a year.To me that is a big deal as I can take advatage of that as well as a lot of other Canadians as it is far better than an RRSP for the same amount.More Canadians could take advantage of this if they were not quagmired in debt by "keeping up with the neighbors" or going on 2 vacations a year.Income splitting is also good if you have a single bread winner who makes $60,000+ a year and a stay at home wife who takes care of the kids.Lots of other stuff as well...and oh yeah the Conservatives also balanced the budget and all while oil prices CRASHED.

On the flip side you have the idiot in politicians clothing Trudeau.A guy who has never done a hard days work in his life and when he goes of the script written for him it just ends up bad...good example last week during question period.Then you have "angry" Mulcair who figures he is as good as Layton but he is not and people dont trust politicians with beards(the have something to hide) and then throw in the fact that the NDP will not benefit from a Quebec protest vote this election.In fact I see a resurgent Bloc coming back to life due to the recent turn in Quebec Provincial politics.Combine the reserrected Bloc party combined with vote splitting between the NDP/Lieberals/Greens and the Conservatives fair quite favorably for a Minority government at the least.Adding to that Canadians will not accept a BS coalition government by the Lieberals/NDP.You dont get to take 2nd and 3rd place and say "we are now 1st place"

The Conservatives have done a damn good job and I doubt Canadians will jump ship and vote in a minority Lieberal/NDP government and there is no way they would give either of them a majority.

Leading up to the last election one of the regular players at my home poker game said straight out "Canada will never see another majority govenment" and he offered to bet on it...he even offered me 2-1 odds.I wish I had bet $1000 on the Conservatives as I knew they would win.Canadians got sick of the Lieberal crapulence after reducing them to a minority government under Martin and then opted for a Conservative minority under Harper...would have been a Majority if not for the leftist media spin about the listeriousis outbreak that in the grand scheme of things was solely to blame on Maple Leaf Foods for improper cleaning practices.

Just my .02

FTH