Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2015, 08:11 PM

Default disresful bush campers west of Caroline!!!shame on you!!!

This is a msg to the disrespectful people that bush camp west of Caroline in wmu 318,326,324..was out at my cabin this weekend(in my family for over 50 yrs) an took a tour around one evening for something to do..never in my life have I seen such a sad sight in the bush..garbage all over the roads,tons of trash left at lease sites,cutline entrances an wherever you chose to "camp" for the long weekend.absolutely discusting..what gives you the right to feel you can do that in our province!!!ever heard of a garbage bag before??this is outa control an all my neibours have had enough of it!!you tear the place apart with yur atv's an leave trash an then head home when yur done.you all know who you are an to the good campers good for you for cleaning up..rant over.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:16 PM

I wish F&W would pull into all sites and take pictures of licence plates. If they come back and there is any garbage they just have to call the people back for clean up.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
I wish F&W would pull into all sites and take pictures of licence plates. If they come back and there is any garbage they just have to call the people back for clean up.

That's not exactly how an investigation works, also that's not Fish and Wildlife Enforcement's mandate to ensure compliance with random camping on public land.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:31 PM

Yep, have seen it several times out there. It's hard to have any respect for the RV, ATV drunken inbred redneck crowd. A couple years back there was a motor home parked up on the North Ram that left a huge pile of garbage, used diapers, empties etc when they left. The area they were in got closed off with barriers. There needs to be huge fines for people who have so little respect. Or they need to close the whole area down till they can find a way to police themselves.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:47 PM

It doesn't matter where you go. Spent the long weekend near Edson. It was nice to see a bunch of random camper get booted off posted land. Still left enough garbage behind.
Old 05-24-2015, 08:49 PM

It is staggering how many have such little respect today. They have no shame at all, no decency. I would go so far as to say that they aren't even aware that they are doing anything wrong.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:04 PM

The more I read this kind of stuff, the more I love my acreage.

I'm sorry I'm too far away from any of these areas to do effective monday morning cleanup.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:09 PM

Yup.ive reported a few atv ers for driving their machines through the Clearwater..even the frigen helicopter flying around dealing with the Forrest fires is reporting em..call em in!!!!!they will fine them if caught..that rivers banks an gravel bars are being destroyed by atv's..so much for the pristine ecosystem it once was..get pics,plate numbers an descriptions an call it in.i called report a poacher cause rocky office wouldn't answer.she passed the info on to an officer.
Old 05-24-2015, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bergerboy View Post
Sorry,they are too busy babysitting cows and other domestic stock.
Old 05-24-2015, 10:05 PM

According to SRD, it was a good weekend and everyone behaved himself. Found that hard to believe.

Grizz
Old 05-24-2015, 10:11 PM

Was just driving through Mainstreet Bonnyville Friday
and out shoots a dam cigerette threw a drivers side window..don't azz's know there is a full Fire ban currently..

Is it worth making police calls over something like this?
Old 05-24-2015, 10:16 PM

Default garbage

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman160 View Post
This is a msg to the disrespectful people that bush camp west of Caroline in wmu 318,326,324..was out at my cabin this weekend(in my family for over 50 yrs) an took a tour around one evening for something to do..never in my life have I seen such a sad sight in the bush..garbage all over the roads,tons of trash left at lease sites,cutline entrances an wherever you chose to "camp" for the long weekend.absolutely discusting..what gives you the right to feel you can do that in our province!!!ever heard of a garbage bag before??this is outa control an all my neibours have had enough of it!!you tear the place apart with yur atv's an leave trash an then head home when yur done.you all know who you are an to the good campers good for you for cleaning up..rant over.
you should live on the #1 after every friday, saturday night I have a selection of beer cans, pampers, tim hortons etc... I am convinced that our land location is a retard magnet.
Old 05-25-2015, 05:49 AM

Sickening. Since when has it become so hard to clean up your campsite? When I see and hear this I always fear the government will just say "that's it" one day.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:46 AM

Its happening everywhere in this province , its a generation, kids of the cocaine and oil boom/ crash of the eighties, you know 25-35 years old, white sunglasses, paid 3x more than they are worth so they can buy boats, campers, and quads, they were never taught respect now they should be forced to fear
Old 05-25-2015, 09:52 AM
Banned

what ever happened to making it better than when you arrived?

we were always taught as children that it should look better when you leave than when you arrived.

some people should never be allowed to camp again
Old 05-25-2015, 09:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog hunter View Post
Its happening everywhere in this province , its a generation, kids of the cocaine and oil boom/ crash of the eighties, you know 25-35 years old, white sunglasses, paid 3x more than they are worth so they can buy boats, campers, and quads, they were never taught respect now they should be forced to fear
I agree they have no respect for property, just look at the garbage that is left in some of the school yards and parks. Kids are not being brought up with a non littering attitude nowadays.
Old 05-25-2015, 10:15 AM

Thumbs up Be a part of the solution . . .

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowman160 View Post

Yup. ive reported a few atv ers for driving their machines through the Clearwater..even the frigen helicopter flying around dealing with the Forrest fires is reporting em.. call em in!!!!! they will fine them if caught . . .

That ^
I always carry some sort of camera with me ... and I've used it several times, for this very purpose!

We can all be the 'eyes', that help keep this problem at bay.

Mac
Old 05-25-2015, 10:55 AM

When was the last time anyone heard of a littering fine being issued?

I'm sure a $2000 bill for random campers mess would smarten some people up.

We learn from history that we do not learn from history. - Hegel

Your obligation to fight has not been relieved because the battle is fierce and difficult. Ben Shapiro
Old 05-25-2015, 11:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dog hunter View Post
^^^ this exactly says it all.and confront em they'll tell you to go F yur hat..nowadays ya can't trust people,its to risky.next things ya know they pull a knife or a gun..like mentioned have some sort of camera with ya I know I do now.unforunetly our poorly funded wildlife division doesn't have enough people to cover such a huge area and people know that so they just don't care..
Old 05-25-2015, 06:51 PM

Angry Yes sir

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild&Free View Post
When was the last time anyone heard of a littering fine being issued?

I'm sure a $2000 bill for random campers mess would smarten some people up.
FINE THE HELL OUT OF THEM!!!! $3500 and up would put a punk ass!! disrespectful garbage throwing PUNK! a wake up call! then make them clean up the mess and have them do community service clean up on top of their mess. We're talking JUVENILES!! here that are so-called adults so treat them like juveniles usually they would think twice of doing it again. And if they did FINE THE HELL OUT OF THEM AGAIN