Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-24-2015, 07:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Badgerbadger View Post
It's another way of saying 'political philosophy'.

Across the world, there are many different political parties that operate on the basis of different perspectives on the world and society. There is an area of study, called "Political Science" that pertains to analysis of how societies choose to govern themselves.

NDP is the colloquial short form of New Democratic Party, which is used to identify a general political philosophy in Canada, but has national and regional variants. (ie. New Democratic Party of Canada, or of Alberta, etc).

HOWEVER, in other countries, parties with this political philosophy do not call themselves NDP, and instead go by other names.

So, yes, I have lived under the philosophy of the NDP party, but have not lived in an area governed by a party with that name until the last few hours.

I'll be charitable to you and further explain that I didn't find it that tough a place to live. In fact, it seemed to work pretty well. So well, in fact, that I'm supportive of that philosophy here in Alberta as well.
What a piece of work this post is.... Good lord.
Old 05-24-2015, 07:53 PM
Gone Hunting

[QUOTE=Badgerbadger;2844411]dictionary.com will help you with the big words.[/QUOT\
Hey! you're right....I found the definition of egomaniac.....
Old 05-24-2015, 08:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by coreya3212 View Post
What a piece of work this post is.... Good lord.
Connexion123 seems to need in depth explanations of obvious things.
Old 05-24-2015, 11:08 PM

Quote:
dictionary.com will help you with the big words.
Quote:
If you mean in general political bent, yes.

Why is that relevant?
Ok I will try once more before I figure you are not worth my time. I will make it so simple even you can understand it.Have you ever been living in a Province of Canada during your age of consent when that Province was under the control of the NDP party. Now if you have any intelligence at all which I believe you do you should have no problem with answering with a simple yes or no.

By the fact that you asked why would this be relevant I surmise the answer is no.

Mack
Old 05-24-2015, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mackinaw View Post
Ok I will try once more before I figure you are not worth my time. I will make it so simple even you can understand it.Have you ever been living in a Province of Canada during your age of consent when that Province was under the control of the NDP party. Now if you have any intelligence at all which I believe you do you should have no problem with answering with a simple yes or no.

By the fact that you asked why would this be relevant I surmise the answer is no.

Mack
Answer is: No.
Old 05-25-2015, 06:02 AM

Quote:
Answer is: No.
I have lived a province ruled by the NDP. That is exactly why I will never vote NDP.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:05 AM
Banned

Quote:
It's another way of saying 'political philosophy'.

Across the world, there are many different political parties that operate on the basis of different perspectives on the world and society. There is an area of study, called "Political Science" that pertains to analysis of how societies choose to govern themselves.

NDP is the colloquial short form of New Democratic Party, which is used to identify a general political philosophy in Canada, but has national and regional variants. (ie. New Democratic Party of Canada, or of Alberta, etc).

HOWEVER, in other countries, parties with this political philosophy do not call themselves NDP, and instead go by other names.

So, yes, I have lived under the philosophy of the NDP party, but have not lived in an area governed by a party with that name until the last few hours.

I'll be charitable to you and further explain that I didn't find it that tough a place to live. In fact, it seemed to work pretty well. So well, in fact, that I'm supportive of that philosophy here in Alberta as well.
Thank you for you well explained answer.

So, I guess now you'll get 1st hand knowledge of exactly what damage they can do.

It is much more than a large reaching philosophy.

Good luck to you sir, we're not in Kansas anymore.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:09 AM
Banned

Quote:
Connexion123 seems to need in depth explanations of obvious things.
No. You speak with a forked tongue, and seeing as you welcome commies into gov't it is of no surprise.

You wouldn't answer Hal's question outright so I hammered you on it.
Old 05-25-2015, 07:10 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I have lived a province ruled by the NDP. That is exactly why I will never vote NDP.
Same here.
Old 05-25-2015, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkhunter11 View Post
I'm sure there will be a lot more people with this sentiment before this is over.

Mack
Old 05-25-2015, 08:46 AM

Hey Badger, good for you for standing up and taking the heat from all the rest of these guys. You have done a pretty good job of not falling to the namecalling strategy but you are slipping a bit. Stay logical.

I liked your post with the fiscal breakdown, but I have to agree with the post that pointed out that by including federal figures it skews things. It would have been nice to have just used provincial numbers where the NDP have at least held office, though only for a third of the top party. It would also have been nice to see what the economic times were like for those years.

And I also agree that the article doesn't show how the budget was balanced. I am one of those people that lived in a province where the NDP did come to power. More than once. B.C. My experience with the NDP is not favorable. I will never vote for them.

However I do agree with the sentiment in one of your earlier posts about the corruption in the PC's and the WR. So what were the options in Alberta? Truthfully, I chose not to vote. I will live with what has occurred. I don't know that the NDP will do worse than the PC's have been doing. I fear they might, but maybe we will have to suffer this to slap some restraint and sense into the Conservatives so that when they ride a landslide back to power in the next election they will have a little humility and less sucking at the trough.

I pray that the NDP does fantastic and balances everything without crushing business and us little guys. Hopefully they will do such a good job that the populace is inspired to vote them in for a second term. But I don't think that will happen.

For the next four years we get to watch.

Cheers.