Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 05-14-2015, 05:23 PM

Default Global cooling?

So... Long story short,
My friends kid who's studying "Earth sciences" in university, and I were chatting the other night and he brought up this global cooling subject. He was explaining how the lack of sunspots in recent years combined with the sun going into an "minimum output stage?" is most likely going to put us into a "mini ice-age" over the next 30-50 years? Now.. I'm no scientist, but I thought things were suppose to be warming up? lol. In any event it became obvious that he wasn't joking around, and began explaining harsh effects on crops, power, ect.. I guess I'm looking to hear from of AOs "science" folks and hear their opinions..I'm hoping you can disprove his theory as it sounded very gloomy for Canadians..
Cheers,
H1602
Old 05-14-2015, 05:33 PM

Earth science students are probably the last people I'd consult about the climate
Old 05-14-2015, 05:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1602 View Post
So... Long story short,
My friends kid who's studying "Earth sciences" in university, and I were chatting the other night and he brought up this global cooling subject. He was explaining how the lack of sunspots in recent years combined with the sun going into an "minimum output stage?" is most likely going to put us into a "mini ice-age" over the next 30-50 years? Now.. I'm no scientist, but I thought things were suppose to be warming up? lol. In any event it became obvious that he wasn't joking around, and began explaining harsh effects on crops, power, ect.. I guess I'm looking to hear from of AOs "science" folks and hear their opinions..I'm hoping you can disprove his theory as it sounded very gloomy for Canadians..
Cheers,
H1602
Bobs your uncle. Modelling can go both ways. It is a theory. El Niņo is supposed to build to significant strength which if it happens will mean a milder North America...at least on the western half.

Look up the theory in google. Lots of interesting discussion. Also factor in effects of solar winds on cloud formation.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-14-2015, 05:37 PM

Why can't they just make it cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and quit screwing around.
Old 05-14-2015, 05:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
Earth science students are probably the last people I'd consult about the climate
How so. The geological record is an excellent long long term picture of climate over a billion years.

I would say they hold a good seat at the table.
It is not the most intellectual of the species that survives; it is not the strongest that survives; but the species that survives is the one that is able best to adapt and adjust to the changing environment in which it finds itself. Charles Darwin
Old 05-14-2015, 05:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Why can't they just make it cooler in the summer and warmer in the winter and quit screwing around.
Or simply stop this daylight savings time. More light would make the earth warmer would it not?
Old 05-14-2015, 05:51 PM
Gone Hunting

I'll take a swing at this.

We could solve the global cooling by letting "Yes Dear" be in charge of the thermostat. She spoke with a global warming freak, [oops sorry] global warming freak. Darn any one else having trouble with otto correct? Any way he explained to her the way man affects the climate of the world. A total waste of time. he might as well have tried to explain Global warming. He told her since she likes the temp at 78F she should turn the thermostat up when she feels cold and turn it down when she has a hot flash. If it is left at 78F it will always be too hot or too cold for her and the thermostat won't be able to make up it's mind.

He also told her there was too much methane in the air. She figures that is from all the BS from the dips who voted wrong. She did start putting Baking soda in her baked beans, but I haven't seen any improvement in air quality.

It isn't a question of who will allow me, but who will stop me.. Ayn Rand
Old 05-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Gone Hunting

That daylight savings time does not apply in Bodo. Summer or winter it's all the same,

Old 05-14-2015, 05:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundancefisher View Post
Or simply stop this daylight savings time. More light would make the earth warmer would it not?
That's the best post, ever!
Old 05-14-2015, 05:58 PM
Banned

Just have a look at the periodicity of glacial and interglacial periods and where we are in the current interglacial period (Holocene). Never mind the mini-ice age, we are soon (when I say soon, I mean anywhere from a hundred years to a couple thousand years from now...) due for the BIG ice age.

Could this mini-ice age set it off? Maybe.

"Ice Ages occur with some regularity with a relatively short interglacial period (in between)," explained Gerald March, a researcher at the Argonne National Laboratory. "There were few Ice Ages until about 2.75 million years ago... (and most) lasted about 100,000 years."

He added before the Ice Ages, the Earth was warmer than at present. He explained most interglacials last about 10,000 years, the age of the current one.

http://www.winnipegfreepress.com/opi...254851541.html

By 2041, solar activity will reach its minimum according to a 200-year cycle, and a deep cooling period will hit the Earth approximately in 2055-2060. It will last for about 45-65 years, the scientist added.
"By the mid-21st century the planet will face another Little Ice Age, similar to the Maunder Minimum, because the amount of solar radiation hitting the Earth has been constantly decreasing since the 1990s and will reach its minimum approximately in 2041," he said.
The Maunder Minimum occurred between 1645 and 1715, when only about 50 spots appeared on the Sun, as opposed to the typical 40,000-50,000 spots.

Read more: http://sputniknews.com/science/20080...#ixzz3aA16QKGw
Old 05-14-2015, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redfrog View Post
That daylight savings time does not apply in Bodo. Summer or winter it's all the same,

If that is 5 pm we are in for some rapid warming.
Old 05-16-2015, 02:25 AM

Default Cooling Warming Potatoe Potatto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter1602 View Post
So... Long story short,
Cheers,
H1602
I had a conversation with one of these enlightened environmental studies students lately, I asked him what he thought about HAARP?
He got this scared look and walked away saying, "that is just a conspiracy theory."
I said no this facility actually exists I will show you the photo's and satellite photo's of the facility and he ran like a scared three year old that saw a ghost.
So if that is any indication of the extent of their knowledge and/or ability to discuss climate issues then maybe you can relax.
However I have heard some serious climatologists allude to a new ice age quite a bit recently, perhaps this is why the HAARP facility was built in the first place?
To heat the ionosphere to produce heat to ameliorate the cooling under the chemtrail veil that holds the heat in the atmosphere.
Conspiracy theory I think not!
Old 05-16-2015, 02:28 AM

Quote:
I'll take a swing at this.

We could solve the global cooling by letting "Yes Dear" be in charge of the thermostat. She spoke with a global warming freak, [oops sorry] global warming freak. Darn any one else having trouble with otto correct? Any way he explained to her the way man affects the climate of the world. A total waste of time. he might as well have tried to explain Global warming. He told her since she likes the temp at 78F she should turn the thermostat up when she feels cold and turn it down when she has a hot flash. If it is left at 78F it will always be too hot or too cold for her and the thermostat won't be able to make up it's mind.

He also told her there was too much methane in the air. She figures that is from all the BS from the dips who voted wrong. She did start putting Baking soda in her baked beans, but I haven't seen any improvement in air quality.
Or she could put on a sweater so I do not have to answer the door naked just to keep from expiring from the heat!
Old 05-16-2015, 06:12 AM
Banned

Ice Age: Didn't it just start with the recent vote?
Old 05-16-2015, 07:46 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fretman57 View Post
I had a conversation with one of these enlightened environmental studies students lately, I asked him what he thought about HAARP?
He got this scared look and walked away saying, "that is just a conspiracy theory."
I said no this facility actually exists I will show you the photo's and satellite photo's of the facility and he ran like a scared three year old that saw a ghost.
So if that is any indication of the extent of their knowledge and/or ability to discuss climate issues then maybe you can relax.
However I have heard some serious climatologists allude to a new ice age quite a bit recently, perhaps this is why the HAARP facility was built in the first place?
To heat the ionosphere to produce heat to ameliorate the cooling under the chemtrail veil that holds the heat in the atmosphere.
Conspiracy theory I think not!
HAARP is no longer in operation.

And yes, conspiracy theorists abound.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:42 AM

Can we all just work on perfecting the weather forcasts first
before getting into all this Globull warming /cooling scam
pyramid money making scheme etc thingy..?..
thx.
Old 05-16-2015, 08:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
HAARP is no longer in operation.

And yes, conspiracy theorists abound.
Are you referring to the public relations HAARP or the operational one?

I have a friend in Anchorage and this is her contention.
Old 05-16-2015, 09:13 PM
Banned

Quote:
Are you referring to the public relations HAARP or the operational one?

I have a friend in Anchorage and this is her contention.
From Wikipedia:

"Work on the HAARP Station began in 1993. The current working IRI was completed in 2007, and its prime contractor was*BAE Systems Advanced Technologies.[1]*As of 2008, HAARP had incurred around $250 million in tax-funded construction and operating costs. It was reported to be temporarily shut down in May 2013, awaiting a change of contractors. In May 2014, it was announced that the HAARP program would be permanently shut down later in the year."

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/High_...search_Program

In case you buy into any one of the many conspiracy theories, read this:

https://www.metabunk.org/haarp-debun...plained.t1650/
Old 05-17-2015, 05:09 AM

Default Kooling

I am not drinking the KOOL-AID!
Why spend two hundred and fidty million dollars on a program to shut it down for no real reason?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VkMh...yer_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SWVU...yer_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KPzJ...yer_detailpage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QOoV...yer_detailpage

Last edited by fretman57; 05-17-2015 at 05:26 AM.
Old 05-17-2015, 06:29 AM
Banned

Alll riiighty then.

You're convinced.
Old 05-17-2015, 09:44 AM

Quote:

Because governments do stupid things like that?
Old 05-17-2015, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by avb3 View Post
Alll riiighty then.

You're convinced.
No I am not convinced but where governments and military are concerned I think it is a good thing to keep my eyes open, they cannot be trusted.
Do you trust the CIA?
Old 05-17-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matt L. View Post
Because governments do stupid things like that?
Good point Matt!
Old 05-17-2015, 03:09 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
How much was spent on the long gun registry for nothing?

The global warming promoters are all in the pocket of big Pharma. It should be obvious, cutting down on methane emissions only furthers the interest on drug companies and pot sellers to delay or block a cure for cancer.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=254801

Old 05-18-2015, 02:20 AM

Default Tinfoil Would Be Uncomfortable As Apparel!

Quote:
How much was spent on the long gun registry for nothing?

The global warming promoters are all in the pocket of big Pharma. It should be obvious, cutting down on methane emissions only furthers the interest on drug companies and pot sellers to delay or block a cure for cancer.

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=254801
Yes the Long Gun Registry would be a good example of Government incompetence!
I agree that the global warming/cooling scenarios are part of Agenda 21 and another way to tax us the little guy, put more controls on resources and charge us some more for breathing including hydrogen sulphide and being human while lining corporate and government coffers.
I believe the HAARP program is actually a major component of the Srategic Defense Initiative started by Ronald Reagan to shoot down incoming Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles ICBM's over Canada to save the precious Americans.
HAARP in concert with chemtrails being used to form a protective umbrella of radar and then be able to triangulate on incoming objects to be shot down by DEW Directed Energy Weapons (Plasma?).
I do not care if people think I wear a tin foil hat I think I should be concerned that my beautiful country may become a nuclear fallout zone any more than it already is.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1b6WobAoTaI

Last edited by fretman57; 05-18-2015 at 02:32 AM.
Old 05-18-2015, 08:30 PM
Banned

https://youtu.be/w6C8FdcAdho
Old 05-18-2015, 08:59 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
I agree that the global warming/cooling scenarios are part of Agenda 21 and another way to tax us the little guy, put more controls on resources and charge us some more for breathing including hydrogen sulphide and being human while lining corporate and government coffers.
I believe the HAARP program is actually a major component of the Srategic Defense Initiative started by Ronald Reagan to shoot down incoming Intercontinental Ballistic Missiles ICBM's over Canada to save the precious Americans.
HAARP in concert with chemtrails being used to form a protective umbrella of radar and then be able to triangulate on incoming objects to be shot down by DEW Directed Energy Weapons (Plasma?).
I do not care if people think I wear a tin foil hat I think I should be concerned that my beautiful country may become a nuclear fallout zone any more than it already is.

Now that's scary.

Did you shoot the video?

Old 05-18-2015, 11:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HowSwedeItIs View Post
And why is that; because they are taking a four year degree specifically studying the earths past and present, and have have an understanding of geological history and the events and mechanisms that can contribute to climate change? Or maybe because their Professor whom they are being taught by is doing research in that field and may even be a world leader on the subject. Universities are the forefront of scientific research and students are thought by and have direct contact with experts in their field and may even work in labs and aid in their research. To dismiss someone because they are a student is plain ignorant as a good student is vastly more informed on their subject of study than most of us.
Old 05-18-2015, 11:44 PM

Quote:

If you want your credibility with me to shrivel to nothing, just utter the word 'chemtrail' and mean it.
Old 05-19-2015, 11:21 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by 220swifty View Post
If you want your credibility with me to shrivel to nothing, just utter the word 'chemtrail' and mean it.
hahahahahahaha

so true