Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 09-04-2016, 11:01 AM

Default Cabelas Online Purchase Alert

Hi Everyone,

If you have made an online purchase with Cabelas that included any sale priced items I suggest you check your credit card statements against you checkout receipt and order history. On 3 out of the last 4 online purchases I have made in the past 1.5 years my credit card has been charged for the full price of the items, despite my cart total and even my order history showing the sale price of the items. In total it was over a $400 discrepancy.

I think it has to do with making the online purchase near the end of the online sale, and the items being shipped after the sale ends. It appears they charge your credit card when they ship the item. This makes it difficult to track the charges, as my card was charged three different times for one order.

Cabelas did refund the money, however it took a couple of weeks to process and they didn't seem too concerned about it and kept saying they would do a price match to make it right. I had to remind them this was not a price match scenario, but a case where I was being charged more than I agreed to pay.

I'm sure many of you on here have made online purchases with Cabelas. I can't see this being an isolated incident so check your credit card statements!!

Wellsy
Old 09-04-2016, 11:21 AM
Banned

Thanks for the heads up. When I read things like this it really makes me wonder if it was an "honest" mistake, or the hope/belief that most people won't notice???? How hard is it to match up the date purchased with the pricing on that date?
Old 09-04-2016, 12:35 PM

The charges were posted 3-5 days after the order. If you made more than one purchase in a one week period it may be a little difficult to track but they are clearly marked as "Cabelas Canada Winnipeg" so they are easy to identify. Some charges may be for just one item, and some will be for multiple items.
Old 09-04-2016, 12:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wellsy View Post
Hi Everyone,

If you have made an online purchase with Cabelas that included any sale priced items I suggest you check your credit card statements against you checkout receipt and order history. On 3 out of the last 4 online purchases I have made in the past 1.5 years my credit card has been charged for the full price of the items, despite my cart total and even my order history showing the sale price of the items. In total it was over a $400 discrepancy.

I think it has to do with making the online purchase near the end of the online sale, and the items being shipped after the sale ends. It appears they charge your credit card when they ship the item. This makes it difficult to track the charges, as my card was charged three different times for one order.

Cabelas did refund the money, however it took a couple of weeks to process and they didn't seem too concerned about it and kept saying they would do a price match to make it right. I had to remind them this was not a price match scenario, but a case where I was being charged more than I agreed to pay.

I'm sure many of you on here have made online purchases with Cabelas. I can't see this being an isolated incident so check your credit card statements!!

Wellsy
Whenever i order online to Cabelas,when i am finished making out my order, All items are listed with the price per item before i hit the finish button, Price per item, money exchange, shipping charges are all printed out for for me to see before i accept the order, Have never had a problem.Also i find using paypal a very safe and convenient way to go.
Old 09-04-2016, 09:44 PM

Default ....

Quote:
Originally Posted by mclean View Post
Whenever i order online to Cabelas,when i am finished making out my order, All items are listed with the price per item before i hit the finish button, Price per item, money exchange, shipping charges are all printed out for for me to see before i accept the order, Have never had a problem.Also i find using paypal a very safe and convenient way to go.

Just heads up if you didnt know that paypal will freeze your acount with them if they find out that you are using the system as a way to pay for firearms or ammo, i know 10 or 11 people that have had this happen to the.

Paypal does not support the firearms community and is very anti gun, I will not support them as well now i will not buy underarm products after they pulled sponsoring hunters and shooter.
Old 01-29-2017, 11:41 PM

Default Happened again

Another heads up as this has now happened to me again. I called and the guy I talk dot did not seem concerned at all or apologetic and he wasn't able to refund me when I called because at the time it was an authorization and not a charge on the card as they were still processing it. I will be calling back and speaking with a manager.

There have been a ton of sales lately so if you bought anything from Cabelas online near the end of a sale check your credit card statement or the shipment statement as the value that is printed in the shipment statement is what your card was charged for even if your order history shows the sale price you agreed to pay. If the sale ends before they ship I think you are being charged full price. I can't see this being an isolated incident to just me as it has literally happened 4 times now over the past year and a half.

Wellsy
Old 01-30-2017, 01:36 AM

I love online shopping for outdoor gear

Just bought a few Arcteryx jackets for alpine climbing --

You really have to check your visa right away for accuracy though
Old 01-30-2017, 05:51 AM

My last order they charged me shipping when it was supposed to be free. Takes a looooonnnnnnng time to get refunded.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:10 AM

Quote:
Another heads up as this has now happened to me again. I called and the guy I talk dot did not seem concerned at all or apologetic and he wasn't able to refund me when I called because at the time it was an authorization and not a charge on the card as they were still processing it. I will be calling back and speaking with a manager.

There have been a ton of sales lately so if you bought anything from Cabelas online near the end of a sale check your credit card statement or the shipment statement as the value that is printed in the shipment statement is what your card was charged for even if your order history shows the sale price you agreed to pay. If the sale ends before they ship I think you are being charged full price. I can't see this being an isolated incident to just me as it has literally happened 4 times now over the past year and a half.

Wellsy
I will be back checking all my purchases when I get home. I am pretty sure this has applied to me a few months ago. Just made a purchase at the end of the last sale so can check again.
Old 01-30-2017, 11:23 AM

Good catch...

This has happened to me probably 10 times over the past 5 years, I haven't been mad because every time they mess up like this... I suggest they pay for it with Gift Cards.

From those 10 times they have always sent me at least a 40$ gift card for each occasion!

Make them, Make it right!
Old 01-30-2017, 11:35 AM

Quote:

Wellsy

That sounds like deliberate FRAUD...and it seems your not the only one finding this 'mistake', I hope you are reporting them to the better business bureau and the attorney generals office.
Old 01-30-2017, 02:58 PM

Not much to do with Cabelas but I recently ordered a Under Armour ridge reaper hoody during the boxing day sale. It's regular price was the same as any other of the many Under Armour hoodies I have purchased. When I got it I was very disappointed to see that the quality of the hoody was horrible!! Not what I have come to expect from Under Armour. This will be my last purchase from Under Armour! I guess once a company gets to big the quality goes right out the window.
Old 01-31-2017, 08:54 AM

Seems to be a common thing ordering online, always a pain to get your money back. Although I have never had an issue with Amazon
Old 01-31-2017, 09:05 AM

Default Cabelas

Thanks for the tip!!!! I saw a charge on mine for $16 that I couldn't find an order for....sure enough they tried dinging me for shipping when the shipping was free. Phone call this morning and everything is going to get refunded!!