Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 07-25-2011, 11:22 PM

Default Would like help on pricing

Hello All
I would like help on prices for 2 rifles I would like to sell in the VERY near future....
1) C.I.L. model 227 - 22LR tube fed semi auto made by Savage about the late 60s or early 70s according to the gunsmith I spoke with the other day. I am just waiting for a new firing pin, springs and ejector spring to be put in. It has a Bushnell 3x9 scope that could be thrown in as well at no charge.
2) 1943 MK4 Lee Enfield with a Bushnell Legend 2x7 scope. It could also come with Lee reloading dies, 150 - 125gr speer bullets and a small amount of brass if a purchaser wanted.
I hate to even have to think about it as they are really nice but I am the sort of person who would rather see them used than let them sit in a safe and be lonley. I also wanted to ask for your advice before I put them up at a price only to be roasted alive for asking too much. In case anyone wonders why I would list them I am waiting for my new Sako A7 and also just purchased a Ruger 10 22 and put a Tapco stock on it so when the wife finds out (please don't tell her) you what will happen

http://s1082.photobucket.com/albums/...down67/Rifles/

Thanks for your help.
Old 07-26-2011, 12:15 AM
Banned

Does that Lee Enfield have a star on the receiver somewhere? Is it a No 4 Mk II?

Thing is...if is a Longbranch...made on Toronto...it is the Canadian one and the one that everybody wants. Longbranches in any condition usually get at least 350. You need to find a collector though. Otherwise I'd say she is probably worth 200-250...it does look pretty good.

As for the 22..I see these ones go at auctions for 100-150.

Oh...if you are interested...there is an auction coming up in October in wainwright...you could consign them there
Old 07-26-2011, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pesky672 View Post
Does that Lee Enfield have a star on the receiver somewhere? Is it a No 4 Mk II?

Thing is...if is a Longbranch...made on Toronto...it is the Canadian one and the one that everybody wants. Longbranches in any condition usually get at least 350. You need to find a collector though. Otherwise I'd say she is probably worth 200-250...it does look pretty good.

As for the 22..I see these ones go at auctions for 100-150.

Oh...if you are interested...there is an auction coming up in October in wainwright...you could consign them there
The markings read....
No 4 Mk 1/2 (F)
10/49 PF37021
On the bolt side it reads 43'
I am not sure how the whole "auction" thing goes but would be interested in any information anyone has on how it works.
Old 07-26-2011, 08:09 AM

Auctions for a seller are a crapshoot. The only thing you know going in is what commision the auction house charges. It can be any where from 20-30% or more. A lot of, shall we say, suspect quality items can be dumped at no risk by the seller so if you buy you better know the quality whether it be a gun or any commodity. Sometimes a seller will do amazingly well if more than one bidder wants a rifle. Your Enfield MAY be in that category. After commision your 22 most likely wouldn't be. I think you'd be far better off selling them on the forum and only consigning as a last resort. Some of the guys like the Cat will give you an honest assesment as to value. My 2 pennies
Old 07-26-2011, 08:12 AM

Got pics?
Cat