Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-12-2010, 11:42 AM
Banned

Default Best arrow rest or peep?

I'm finding some inconsistency with my bow that I believe is either related to fletch contact with my hostage arrow rest or my peep being too big and thus more room for error? My shots are pretty much always kill shots from 40yds and closer but just not quite what I was hoping for. I do have an ultra drop-away rest on my other bow that I could put on but was told the drop-aways don't drop fast enough? Not sure if that's true or not, I kinda doubt it. Or there's a good possibility it could be me as well but I do try to be consistent with my shooting. Anyhow, any suggestions would be very much appreciated! Thanks!
Old 09-12-2010, 10:31 PM

What sort of inconsistencies are you experiencing? How do your groups look? It could be maybe you just need to work on your form a bit and make sure your anchor point is consistent shot to shot.
Old 09-13-2010, 07:07 PM
Banned

Groupings vary from 4" to about 8" depending on distance. I do try to do every shot the same but I'm not sure what if anything I'm doing wrong? I know I had a couple of bum arrows which I replaced but still my consistency isn't what I'd like it to be!
Old 09-14-2010, 01:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyboy View Post
Groupings vary from 4" to about 8" depending on distance. I do try to do every shot the same but I'm not sure what if anything I'm doing wrong? I know I had a couple of bum arrows which I replaced but still my consistency isn't what I'd like it to be!
Are you talking about bh or fp?If its bh you may have a tuning issue
Old 09-16-2010, 11:48 AM

kinda sounds like tuning if your shooting the same style everytime.
Old 09-16-2010, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by trophyboy View Post
Try filming yourself shooting for about 20 min then review the vid. I was having issues last year with grouping even at 30 and instantly blamed the bow. After filming myself and watching I realized I was pulling the odd shot to the left and my anchor point was never exactly the same. After a couple times my groups were 100% better.