Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-10-2010, 07:01 PM

Default Any Tips?

Well I started bow hunting 2 years ago, but unfortunately couldn't get out last year because of a broken finger. So this year I would like to get a muley buck, I have my eye on a nice buck down on our farm that would probably go 165-180. I was just wondering if you guys could give me any tips on stalking, and how to help control buck fever haha. Any info and tips would be greatly appreciated.
Old 09-10-2010, 09:39 PM

Be patient, spot from afar and don't be in a hurry to get within bow range. Watch him bed down if possible, let him get settled and feel safe, if its warm out chances are he will get sleepy ,this is when his defences are down, THEN plan your stalk, checking the wind often as hills, elevation will mess with the wind currents. Once you feel your getting close glass every few feet, even if you don't spot him ,stalk him as if he is there, chances are he is, it just looks different from looking at him through a spotting scope.
And one last tip….don't look at the antlers!!! Good Luck!

The only difference between a taxidermist and the taxman, is that the taxidermist leaves the skin...
Old 09-10-2010, 09:50 PM

Get the wind in your favour, make small movements and stay low. Like mulestalker said, watch him bed then make your move.