Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 06-12-2023, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wes_G View Post
Should have recused himself when he was first asked. The conflict of interest is obvious
That...Thank you...
Old 06-14-2023, 07:50 AM

Default The government wants suggestions, I have one!

This is not a partisan issue but a Canadian one, and the government was suggestions for someone to head up the enquiry. I suggest Stephen Harper, he has been PM, has security clearance, understands the sensitive nature of what is going on with espionage. I don't know how busy he is but I think that he would be an excellent choice.

It will also get the Libs out from under this issue and let a PC leader try to handle his own party.

I think that he would do a great job. Lets hear it for Stephen!
Old 06-14-2023, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by densa44 View Post
This is not a partisan issue but a Canadian one, and the government was suggestions for someone to head up the enquiry. I suggest Stephen Harper, he has been PM, has security clearance, understands the sensitive nature of what is going on with espionage. I don't know how busy he is but I think that he would be an excellent choice.

It will also get the Libs out from under this issue and let a PC leader try to handle his own party.

I think that he would do a great job. Lets hear it for Stephen!
Take off the rose colored glasses, this is definitely a partisan issue, the liberals don't care about the truth, they just want the topic buried. While the government may ask for suggestions, Trudeau and the liberals would never accept anyone, unless they are quite certain that they will get the results that they desire. And they will make certain that there are restrictions governing any inquiry, that pretty much guarantee those results.