Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 04-30-2009, 11:58 PM

Default 2 more sleeps till the gopher adventure

Me and a bud are headed for some Sask. gopher action, leaving saturday and driving to Makota Sask. Met a few farmers at the Swift Current gun show in early March that invited us down to help out with their very large gopher problem. We have both booked of all of next week to shoot. Hope the wind is down for a few days so we can break out the centerfires. FS
Old 05-01-2009, 01:54 AM
Banned

Are you setting up camp ?
Old 05-01-2009, 04:14 PM

Default Camp

Naw we did that last year, I like the bed of a motel.
Thanks Greg
Old 05-01-2009, 09:16 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Faststeel View Post
Naw we did that last year, I like the bed of a motel.
Thanks Greg

GREG ? are you the same Greg than ran the Michichi derby?
Old 05-01-2009, 09:24 PM

better take a clicker if you want to keep track
Old 05-01-2009, 09:29 PM

Do you mean Mankota? My dad is from around that area and I have many relatives around there, Ferland, Gravelbourg and Kincaid. Good luck. Let us know how the shoot goes. I'm thinking about making a trek out that way for some gophers.
Old 05-01-2009, 10:31 PM

Default Travel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
Do you mean Mankota? My dad is from around that area and I have many relatives around there, Ferland, Gravelbourg and Kincaid. Good luck. Let us know how the shoot goes. I'm thinking about making a trek out that way for some gophers.

Yep Mankota was want I meant, thanks. FS
Old 05-01-2009, 10:56 PM

mankota cool was born and raised in that town and related to 3/4 of it. going to stay at the grasslands inn consett hotel..hahahaha
Old 05-02-2009, 11:53 AM

Quote:
Me and a bud are headed for some Sask. gopher action, leaving saturday and driving to Makota Sask. Met a few farmers at the Swift Current gun show in early March that invited us down to help out with their very large gopher problem. We have both booked of all of next week to shoot. Hope the wind is down for a few days so we can break out the centerfires. FS
Brad mentioned he was going the first week of May. Did you team up with him?
Good luck on the shoot. Let us know how it went.
Old 05-02-2009, 05:25 PM
gitrdun

Glad to see you get bent outta shape over a friggin' gopher shoot Can't imagine how'd you feel about an elk hunt .... Hey but good luck and good fun anyways...
Old 05-02-2009, 05:34 PM
randyfromalberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by gitrdun View Post
Glad to see you get bent outta shape over a friggin' gopher shoot Can't imagine how'd you feel about an elk hunt ....
I was just going to say that!! The farmer is probably thinking.."All you have to do is throw out the bait, set the hook and Whammo !!!...more suckers on the line!!" LMAO!!

Are you going to get a head mount or a full head and shoulder? What a waste of a good bullet!!!LOL.You know if you saved your money on Gopher hunting you could go to Africa with that other guy here on a Zebra hunt ??LMAO
Old 05-02-2009, 07:58 PM
gitrdun

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD View Post
Are you setting up camp ?
Which outfitter?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:12 PM

Uhh, whats wrong with planning a trip somewhere to go an kill a pile of gophers where they are not wanted. Its guys like y'all that go to work and whine about the "loser" who's taking a week off work, spending all that gas money, etc, etc, just because your friggin jealous. My upcoming turkey hunt is gonna be a $2000 hunt if I include lost wages, but ya know what, I don't care. I'm going hunting instead of working and its all good. One of these days I plan on a week off varmint hunt for some prairie dogs down south. Laugh all ya want but it'll be me having the last laugh. Layoff the negative comments.

ruger300
Old 05-02-2009, 10:22 PM
randyfromalberta

Default Ruger300

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruger300 View Post
Uhh, whats wrong with planning a trip somewhere to go an kill a pile of gophers where they are not wanted. Its guys like y'all that go to work and whine about the "loser" who's taking a week off work, spending all that gas money, etc, etc, just because your friggin jealous. My upcoming turkey hunt is gonna be a $2000 hunt if I include lost wages, but ya know what, I don't care. I'm going hunting instead of working and its all good. One of these days I plan on a week off varmint hunt for some prairie dogs down south. Laugh all ya want but it'll be me having the last laugh. Layoff the negative comments.

ruger300

$2,000.00 for a turkey hunt? Who's hunting who!!! LOL. Nobody was whining and no one called him a "Loser" !
Now if you want to talk about someone being a "loser", lets talk about someone who goes after a bird for $2,000.00 LMAO
Why not just go to the grocery store, buy a $30.00 bird and donate the rest; or is it a case of "TurkeyBeard Envy "!!
I'll bet you don't even get a bird!! I'll bet you are going to go to the first tourist trap on your way there and get your picture taken with some tom!!LOL.

And what's with all this YA'LL crapola? Are you a Yankee or trying to be like one? Canadians can joke with one and other and mean no harm. Americans can't do that because almost all of them have "CANADIAN ENVY !!"

So go shoot your $2,000.00 birdie, then go for a varmint hunt and tell all how you bagged the mighty Prairie Dog (Do you know the difference between a Prairie Dog and a Gopher or do the make the gophers bigger in the States as well !!) without shooting a hole in your foot!

No one is jealous of you or anyone else here ! If you think anything said by any post on here Negative then you must also be suffering from "HUMOUR ENVY" will all your other problems
Old 05-02-2009, 10:59 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by randyfromalberta View Post
$2,000.00 for a turkey hunt? Who's hunting who!!! LOL. Nobody was whining and no one called him a "Loser" !
Now if you want to talk about someone being a "loser", lets talk about someone who goes after a bird for $2,000.00 LMAO
Why not just go to the grocery store, buy a $30.00 bird and donate the rest; or is it a case of "TurkeyBeard Envy "!!
I'll bet you don't even get a bird!! I'll bet you are going to go to the first tourist trap on your way there and get your picture taken with some tom!!LOL.

And what's with all this YA'LL crapola? Are you a Yankee or trying to be like one? Canadians can joke with one and other and mean no harm. Americans can't do that because almost all of them have "CANADIAN ENVY !!"

So go shoot your $2,000.00 birdie, then go for a varmint hunt and tell all how you bagged the mighty Prairie Dog (Do you know the difference between a Prairie Dog and a Gopher or do the make the gophers bigger in the States as well !!) without shooting a hole in your foot!

No one is jealous of you or anyone else here ! If you think anything said by any post on here Negative then you must also be suffering from "HUMOUR ENVY" will all your other problems
Randy.. Once again shooting your mouth off....

Ruger is Hunting Turkeys here in Alberta......
He was using the $2,000 as a example of the financial commitment it takes to go on ANY hunting trip.
If it was all about the meat, I am very sure it would be cheaper to head to Safeway’s and get a roast or a bird of some sort. But hunting is not all about the meat or the cost. Its about many different things. And each one of those things (As varied as they may be) is obviously important and valuable to the individual hunter.

By you not understanding that I really wonder just how old you are? I guess if your under 12 I understand it. If your over 20.. Well then I would wonder if your parents were letting you eat paint chips as a chid.

We all hunt for different reason. And each and every one of them is valid. For ANYONE to dismiss out of hand one of those reasons is wrong and shows a severe lack of maturity, lack of vision and obviously narrow (and incomplete) mind.

Once again.. Please spend more time reading and less time shooting your mouth off.

Jamie
Old 05-02-2009, 11:03 PM

Quote:
I'M envious , I'm stuck shooting at paper because some guy I tend to hang out with cant find any willing farmers for us to pop a cap in his gophers . I hope ya guys have a hell of time , oh yeah Sell them shot up Gophers to Redneck Posse's family for dirt cheep he was tellin me about fresh road kill well this is a step up.
Old 05-02-2009, 11:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

He was using the $2,000 as a example of the financial commitment it takes to go on ANY hunting trip.
If it was all about the meat, I am very sure it would be cheaper to head to Safeway’s and get a roast or a bird of some sort. But hunting is not all about the meat or the cost. Its about many different things. And each one of those things (As varied as they may be) is obviously important and valuable to the individual hunter.

By you not understanding that I really wonder just how old you are? I guess if your under 12 I understand it. If your over 20.. Well then I would wonder if your parents were letting you eat paint chips as a chid.

We all hunt for different reason. And each and every one of them is valid. For ANYONE to dismiss out of hand one of those reasons is wrong and shows a severe lack of maturity, lack of vision and obviously narrow (and incomplete) mind.

Once again.. Please spend more time reading and less time shooting your mouth off.

Jamie
Well Said!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:04 AM
randyfromalberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamie View Post

Jamie
The Turkey master said he was going to spend $2,000.00 to kill a turkey!LOL
Unless this bird has 2 heads and can come back from the dead 20 times, there ain't no bird worth that much!
And jamie boy!!, I wasn't the one who brought up how much I will spend killing a bird so once the gloating about how much it will cost comes in it bragging.He wasn't using that number as just a round number for a bird hunt so you should read his post.

Jamie, do you think people aren't killing themselves laughing at you right now?
You know what he wrote and there is always someone like you that has to throw his 2 cents in (Sorry, what you said is only worth a penny) If you go back and read your words of wisdom it will show what a total idiot you are!!
I think when you wrote"For ANYONE to dismiss out of hand one of those reasons is wrong and shows a severe lack of maturity, lack of vision and obviously narrow (and incomplete) mind" you must have been looking in the mirror since you changed my words to make you seem like "Big Bawana Hunter" and I haven't seen anything from Ruger on this. Are you the Rooster of the hen house here and love to be heard??
Old 05-03-2009, 01:17 AM
randyfromalberta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromeo View Post
Well Said!
Hello whatever your name is supposed to be!! I'm glad you agreed with what I said!!!

If you agreed with Jamie,remember that everyone has their own opinion and if Jamie or you doesn't like mine well "Tuff Turkey Tots" (On sale now at Safeway for 2.99 a Kilo.

What happened to the Canadian sense of humour??? Did it go the way of the Yankee's where anything said has to be a right to bare arms fight?
What a Country this is turning into when some "Hunterboy" wants to decide what is right to say and what is not..shalll we call you SuperGun?
By the way, I just booked my squirrel Huning trip. With gas it should be about $3,000.00 !!!
Old 05-03-2009, 01:55 AM

Is it just me or does Randy sound like he is feeling sorry for himself ? Snap out of it man !!!! your VILE comments are getting out of hand....
Old 05-03-2009, 07:29 AM
gitrdun

Quote:

ruger300
Holy cow, somebody got up on the wrong side of the bed. Nobody even mentioned the word "loser" until you did, read back and see for yourself. You need to lighten up a bit buddy, life's too short. Enjoy your gopher hunt for cryin' out loud.
Old 05-03-2009, 08:27 AM

Quote:
:

Seems you take offence to folks who pay money to take a vacation and do what they like. You have a problem if someone pays $2000 for a week long turkey hunt. Do you have a problem when some folks pay $10,000 for a week long golf vacation, a canoe trip, a fishing trip where they can keep no fish, or just sit around in some tourist trap in Mexico drinking, people pay hundreds sometimes thousands of dollars to see a hockey game or go to a concert when they could watch it at home or listen to a CD, talk about a waste of money, Folks wasting $600 for tickets to AC/DC, to have your hearing damaged and listen to distorted music, be joseled around on the floor and have drinks spilled on you for a couple hours. Believe me dude there are a lot more wasteful things you can spend your money on besides hunting.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:11 AM
Banned

Quote:
The Turkey master said he was going to spend $2,000.00 to kill a turkey!LOL
Unless this bird has 2 heads and can come back from the dead 20 times, there ain't no bird worth that much!
And jamie boy!!, I wasn't the one who brought up how much I will spend killing a bird so once the gloating about how much it will cost comes in it bragging.He wasn't using that number as just a round number for a bird hunt so you should read his post.

Jamie, do you think people aren't killing themselves laughing at you right now?
You know what he wrote and there is always someone like you that has to throw his 2 cents in (Sorry, what you said is only worth a penny) If you go back and read your words of wisdom it will show what a total idiot you are!!
I think when you wrote"For ANYONE to dismiss out of hand one of those reasons is wrong and shows a severe lack of maturity, lack of vision and obviously narrow (and incomplete) mind" you must have been looking in the mirror since you changed my words to make you seem like "Big Bawana Hunter" and I haven't seen anything from Ruger on this. Are you the Rooster of the hen house here and love to be heard??

Do you even hunt?? Do you have any idea of the costs involved? The days of hunting being cheap (for most of us) are over. What with a tank of gas costing $100, A decent rifle set up some where around $1,000. Shells range from $20-$60/box. Then you have your weather dependant clothing, the list goes on and on
Time is $$ as well. Time off of work does add to the equation.
The only way hunting is cheap is when you grab Grandpas 30-30 and shoot a deer off his back deck. For us city boys, the trips are expensive and priceless at the same time.

The $$ being spent isnt about the carcass.. Its about the experience and the challenge that Rugger wishes to live.

I choose to spend my extra $$ (and time) on this type of lifestyle. You can choose how to spend yours.

Oh and if you think $10,000 will make you king of the jungle.. Well once again you have a bunch to learn. It’s a much bigger commitment than that.

As for the Rooster comment.. No, not really. I just hate loudmouth jerks who shoot of their mouths. Your comments on these 2 threads are personally insulting.

What words of yours did I change? Or didn’t I and you are just coming to realize what a AZZ HAT you are?

Jamie
Old 05-03-2009, 09:22 AM

If it wasn't for the fact that most of the words in his posts are spelled correctly I would swear that the soon-to-be-banned randyfromtoronto was actually my old buddy chef.
Jamie, I admire your your effort trying to explain things to a t!t like this, but unfortunately you're probably just wasting your time.

Last edited by albertadave; 05-03-2009 at 09:29 AM.
Old 05-03-2009, 10:03 AM

Wow...
Heres an example of a thread being hijacked to bash back and forth...
....Grow up
Old 05-03-2009, 10:28 AM

Quote:

ruger300
I am pretty sure he said it was going to cost him $2000 if he includes the wages he lost. Not $2000 for the hunt. Adds up quick if a guy is making a couple hundred bucks a day.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:31 AM

Greg aka:FastSteel, enjoy your gopher trip. A road trip with a good friend and some time blastin gophers sounds great.

Randy? What are you on??
Quote:
This is a classic anti-hunters argument. Why spend money on going hunting when you can just go to Safeway and buy the nice stuff under the plastic right??? I can buy a lot of beef for what it has cost me to put deer in my freezer but I will keep going hunting and hopefully get my deer or moose or elk. Why, because I can not put a price on the experiance of the hunt I love it all, from planning draws, getting ready for and setting up camp, sitting around the fire with my friends or my son, being outside and soaking up what God and mother nature has given us, teaching my son about tracks and dropping and calls... The list is endless and PRICELESS. And if I come home with no meat oh well just another reason to plan another hunt, the meat is secondary really but I love being able to feed it my family when I am lucky enough to close my tag.

I can not figure out for the life of me why you would take a shot at a fellow hunter for going on a turkey hunt? I can not wait to get my draw, and I hope that (including lost wages) it only costs me 2 grand, what do you care how others spend thier money? From what I know of turkey hunting it sounds like a very interesting hunt, a very vocal animal with great eye-sight that take some skill to get within shotgun range. I cant wait for the experiance. Hard to put a price tag on really.

Randy not sure why you feel the need to take shot at others? If I had to guess I would say you are either jelous or a sh.. disturber. Not that I dont appreciate different views but you tossed "constructive" right out the door with your comments. Funny you brought up the circus because it is clear on is missing thier clown!!

One last thing if this is not chef, it makes me wonder oh Whitetailer, where art thou??
Old 05-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Banned

Go to every thread , no matter what the subject , it always ends up in a fight , what a bunch of losers.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BUD View Post
Go to every thread , no matter what the subject , it always ends up in a fight , what a bunch of losers.
Ya and your involved with 90% of them
Old 05-04-2009, 12:22 AM

...And once again BUD crawls out from under his rock to deliver another ray of sunshine!!

BUD you should make it a point to come on here and spread your message everyday. People could go read your vile little nuggets and thank the Lord that they are not a bitter little troll, like you.

BTW some things are worth fighting for and when someone like randyfromalberta starts spewing anti-hunting garbage what do you expect what would happen?!?