Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Archery Discussion

Old 09-07-2010, 08:21 PM

Default Is there any way adjust a peep that does not have the tubing?

i just got a new peep put on my bow and everytime i pull back the peep is ethier to the right or left. the peep sight has no place for the tubing to go on. is there any way to adjust this????
Old 09-07-2010, 08:42 PM

it needs to go into a bow press to make the sting slack then you have to separate a couple strands and move them to the other side of the peep. Some playing may need to take place to make it perfect. I recommend changing it to one with a band to straighten it out, but thats just me.....
Old 09-07-2010, 08:46 PM
Banned

there should be an equal amount of strands on both sides of the peep. just twist th string before you draw and it will "learn" where it needs to be. i will never have a crappy chunk of rubber on my bow waiting to snap my eyeball again. they always had a habit of failing at the worst time. the snap was a little annoying too.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:50 PM

Default string

twist it as mentioned above to train it into position, it doesn't take to long, before it stays in the proper position.
Old 09-07-2010, 08:54 PM

do you think the place were i took it to put it on would fix this?

i am leaving on thursday to go antelope hunting .

i put one of those red hawk low light peeps on . it was the only one they had in stock. any ideas guys?
Old 09-07-2010, 09:04 PM

i have been trying to turn into position but it just keeps going to far left . and sometimes to far right
Old 09-07-2010, 09:10 PM

I see no reason why they wouldn't.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:19 PM

I know it can be frustrating....this is why I went with a rubber band style peep. guys like Ishootbambi hate em then there are guys like me that have no problems with em. I replace the tubing probably twice a season before it breaks so that I have the assurance that it will not break but things happen especially if you hunt in cold weather. If your stuck on using this peep get it to a bow shop or anyone with a bow press and move some strand around till it comes straight for you. Keep in mind if its a new bow or a new string it will stretch a very little bit and "break in" this will change the way the peep rotates a little aswell. There is a hand held tool that will separate the strings for you and you can do it in field but in my experience that one that I had messed the strands of the string up a little bit.
Old 09-07-2010, 09:22 PM

im kinda wishing they would of had a peep with tubing on it
Old 09-07-2010, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chico7mm View Post
it needs to go into a bow press to make the sting slack then you have to separate a couple strands and move them to the other side of the peep. Some playing may need to take place to make it perfect. I recommend changing it to one with a band to straighten it out, but thats just me.....
this is the wrong way to do it you need to relax the string and take it off the cam and twist it up half a turn and then put it back on, keep doing this until it comes around properly. you need to keep the string evenly on the peep on both sides or it could cut your string.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
there should be an equal amount of strands on both sides of the peep. just twist th string before you draw and it will "learn" where it needs to be. i will never have a crappy chunk of rubber on my bow waiting to snap my eyeball again. they always had a habit of failing at the worst time. the snap was a little annoying too.
X2 it needs to be on equally
Quote:
Originally Posted by summit151 View Post
im kinda wishing they would of had a peep with tubing on it
you would be better with out the rubber. Rubber slows down the string so makes your arrows slower, it also makes alot of noise that spooks the animals. If it is properly set up your peep should never move. Mine has been put in since putting in the new string a month ago and it has never moved ever.
Old 09-08-2010, 06:26 AM

[QUOTE=Trav;675132]this is the wrong way to do it you need to relax the string and take it off the cam and twist it up half a turn and then put it back on, keep doing this until it comes around properly. you need to keep the string evenly on the peep on both sides or it could cut your string.

This is the correct way to approach the problem!!

I just got my peep rotating to the correct place by using this exact method. Once you rotate your string, make sure that you shoot 5-10 arrows just to settle the string and peep in before you decide if you need another 1/2 turn.
"I find it amazing that we, as a society, find it so easy to view the perpetrators of crime with an understanding and knowing that they are suffering from the frailties of being a human being yet we cannot seem to extend that same courtesy to the very people we ask to face, on a daily basis, the worst that mankind has to offer."
-Dave (Whiskey Wish)-
Old 09-08-2010, 08:45 AM

ok thanks guys . the new peep i put in actually made my bow alot louder
Old 09-08-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
ok thanks guys . the new peep i put in actually made my bow alot louder
That is because the redhawk peep is so big and it makes a lot of noise on the shot
go to a smaller peep size on the outside but keep the inside as big as you need it to cut down on the sound from the peep
Old 09-08-2010, 05:06 PM

i went to my bow shop today and they just put a new thing on the bow to hold the tubing it works great now.

the only thing is my bow is alot louder . any ideas how to quiet the string down?
Old 09-08-2010, 07:28 PM

Quote:
i went to my bow shop today and they just put a new thing on the bow to hold the tubing it works great now.

the only thing is my bow is alot louder . any ideas how to quiet the string down?
get rid of the tubing
Old 09-08-2010, 08:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ishootbambi View Post
X2 shot a nice buck couple of years back and at half draw ....SNAP...... still got him but never again with the rubber face whip