Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > General Discussion

Old 12-15-2018, 07:29 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ETOWNCANUCK View Post
Not spot on at all.

The biggest land owners are owned by many levels of government or crown as it were.

Many reasons other than agriculture for land development.

when an area becomes populated and grows beyond the current limits then more land is usually annexed and as that population grows bigger more land is required and so on.

How else do villages and towns become cities and then even bigger cities, and large metropolitan areas?
That land ownership occurs somehow.

People are worried about loss of habitat and yet how many houses and cottages can you put around a lake before it dies?

The problem isn't Government, the problem is Population growth and it always will be.
And there isn't a dam thing we can do about a growing population except pulling a Decimation and having something wipe out the majority of the populace.

I don't quiet understand what you are saying in sentence number two but I certainly agree with the rest of what you say.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-15-2018, 07:36 PM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReconWilly View Post
That all sounds amazing!, can i trade my vehicle, home and the internet for a horse and a bear den?

I have been telling everyone for years that i want to burrow into the side of a mountain and live in a cave!

I missed all the fun and adventure, brainwashed by the tv from day 1, exposed to toxic chemicals and FAKE NEWS ,herded down a marxist path of celebrity worshiping sjw hell...
Of course you can. You would have to acquire some land somewhere if you don't already own some and I bet it would have to be far from any city.

Health authorities may take a dim view of such living quarters and they can be rather aggressive about imposing their views on the populace, but if you can avoid drawing the wrong attention I don't see any reason why you couldn't do it.

As far as I know there is no law against doing so. But that might change if even one person tries it.

I've often thought about doing something similar, for much the same reasons. It would entail living in a log cabin though and for me it will never happen. I am no longer physically able to do it.

George Bernard Shaw
Old 12-15-2018, 08:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bushrat View Post
Nice sales pitch. What you say may be true. Thing is most people here see this as a foot in the door. Are they testing the water? Is this the tip of the iceberg. Selling this little bit of land won't make a coon turd bit of difference in the general economic scheme of things, so why bother? Probably because this is only the beginning, if they can pull this off there will likely be more to come, otherwise what is the point of it? This needs to be nipped in the bud right now. You can't trust the gov't even if it is presently only a gov't in waiting. A message must be sent to Kenny and his cronies that this will not be tolerated and to drop this initiative toot suite. Already driving me and many thousands of other grass root supporters to question his credibility and fitness to govern our province.

You can easily change Kenny for Notley and how they are hell bent on making the entire Easter slopes a park to keep people out..

Each to their own., better the devil you do not know in this case, as I really don’t like the devil I know right now.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talking moose View Post
Bingo. Do these people really expect the same amount of crown land when Alberta is 15 million strong?
I'm gad I'll be gone when there is 15 million here. I'll be about done when there is 5 or 7 million here. Too many already and I am one who is not from here. Yes. I'm a hypocrite. I don't like where society is going though it is inevetable.
I rue the day when we can't just head out into the bush when ever and wherever we feel like. We're pointed right straight down that road.
Old 12-15-2018, 09:12 PM

Quote:
I'm gad I'll be gone when there is 15 million here. I'll be about done when there is 5 or 7 million here. Too many already and I am one who is not from here. Yes. I'm a hypocrite. I don't like where society is going though it is inevetable.
I rue the day when we can't just head out into the bush when ever and wherever we feel like. We're pointed right straight down that road.
The only way to preserve it, is to trade in notley for Trump, build a wall, and population control within. Not likely
Old 12-15-2018, 10:31 PM

Default or this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sumiIMMkiN0

Oh Eddie! So much funnier before you had the kids!
Old 12-15-2018, 11:04 PM

The concept we need more land to feed the world is misguided. There is much more food-producing ability world-wide than is utilized already.

The only reason this is being discussed is special interests, just like 100% of all things political.

You can, you should, & if you're brave enough to start, you will. Stephen King
Old 12-15-2018, 11:36 PM

I was going to mention population growth in Alberta and what the primary future causes will be, but then I remembered under the new UN Migration Compact, I could be in big trouble to be critical of it or raise questions.
Old 12-16-2018, 12:23 AM
Banned

Quote:
I’m a born Albertan.

Fully agree with the rest. Society will continue to go down the toilet. Pretty sad actually...
Old 12-16-2018, 09:49 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sns2 View Post
If this becomes a politician bashing thread about individual politicians or parties. Everyone who participates is getting a suspension. Don't care if its my hunting partner, my wife or my mother. We are sick of dealing with guys who think they can flaunt the rules. If you can't make an argument without resorting to insults and bashing then you are an idiot. This is only being allowed as it affects the outdoors. You've been warned.
You’ll get over it! Oh and by the way it’s ok for you to insult and bash, read the your third last sentence.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
You’ll get over it! Oh and by the way it’s ok for you to insult and bash, read the your third last sentence.
He wasn't singling anyone out in particular.
Cat
Old 12-16-2018, 10:28 AM
Gone Hunting

Quote:
Originally Posted by RZR View Post
read the your third last sentence.
Some times the frustration of the job leads to a slip here or there.

Seems to me if one is not willing to step up to the plate the least one can do is cut the mods a little slack.

George Bernard Shaw