Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Hunting Discussion

Old 01-01-2015, 02:02 PM

Default Foxpro crossfire battery life

Anyone else notice the battery life on the foxpro is very short? I find I only get 30mins of calling and it shuts off on me. Using conventional AA batteries. I have ordered the rechargeable Batts but fear I will have the same issue just lessen the cost of batteries... Anyone have any tricks for longer battery life? I was thinking maybe a hand/foot warmer inside the batt compartment when using it...

Thx in advance..
Old 01-01-2015, 02:10 PM

Are u using both speakers, I noticed on my FX-3 if I turned the rear cone off and used just the front horn speaker, battery life was drastically improved...
Old 01-01-2015, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sven_68 View Post
Anyone else notice the battery life on the foxpro is very short? I find I only get 30mins of calling and it shuts off on me. Using conventional AA batteries. I have ordered the rechargeable Batts but fear I will have the same issue just lessen the cost of batteries... Anyone have any tricks for longer battery life? I was thinking maybe a hand/foot warmer inside the batt compartment when using it...

Thx in advance..
Yes, they don't last long in the extreme cold
Old 01-01-2015, 02:18 PM

Even this morning at 0 degrees.. Got 30 mins... I will try the one speaker method next time. Thx
Old 01-01-2015, 02:39 PM
Banned

Give the Energizer rechargable's a try. I was out on the 30th (-25C) got in four stands of over 25 minutes each. I was using the Firestorm model (2 speakers, 8 AA's). I'm not sure how that compares to yours but battery life wasn't a problem
Old 01-01-2015, 02:40 PM

Those are what I have coming in the mail,(energizers).. Good to hear your having good luck with Them. Mine holds 8AA as well.
Old 01-01-2015, 07:36 PM

There is something wrong with your caller. Contact them.
Old 01-01-2015, 08:27 PM

Default Batteries

I recently upgraded from an fx-3 to the fusion with a fox jack decoy. I used to run rechargeables and found I would get about 3hrs of play out of the set of 8 batteries with both speakers on. Now I have added a decoy and this fusion I am still running my original batteries with at least 4 hrs of run time. The key for me was I switched to energizer lithium batteries. They claim they last much longer in the cold and I am a believer!
Old 01-02-2015, 06:49 AM

One thing that will help battery life in your caller during cold weather is to get some hand warmers, get the hand warmers warm and stick it under your caller when you set it down! Make sure you cover where the batteries sit aswell
Old 01-02-2015, 07:57 AM

I use the FoxPro rechargeable batteries and they last easily over 4 hours. Even using plain ole duracells I can go a day easy.

In cold weather, I use the handwarmers trick as well.

I am thinking the batteries you are using are defective or your call is.

I am running a Fury 2 now but used to run a Fury for 3 years before that. Both perform the same. Even had the FoxJack decoy on the Fury.
Old 01-05-2015, 10:26 AM

In the beginning I had this issue all the time and actually was going to sell my FoxPro...through trial and error I have found the best thing is to go buy a small Coleman cooler bag to put the caller in then stick a couple of hot hands in the bag with the caller. Once in position open the bag enough to pull the speaker out and giver. I was out calling for 4 hours yesterday and it was -30 no problem.