Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-15-2017, 07:01 PM

Default Vexilar Scout 800

While I realize that discussing what brand of fishing electronics everyone loves can quickly devolve into a version of Ford vs. Chevy, I'm going to go there anyway...

My first fishing camera was a fish TV. Everyone told me to save for a Marcum, but delayed gratification has never been my strong suit, so I bought a Fish TV and regretted it right up to the day I bought a Marcum. I picked up the small black and white and it's been a great camera. I take a lot of people out and I'd like to have an extra camera for friends. So I'm shopping again. I've heard some fairly positive reviews of Vexilar flashers and I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with Vexilar cameras. Cabela's web site calls it a color black and white. But in the picture of it, the screen is displaying a black and white image. Is this a color camera? How is the clarity and perspective? Marcum seems to have some kind of panoramic thing going that displays stuff from way off in the periphery, wondering if Vexilar is the same. Any information would be appreciated.
Old 12-15-2017, 07:30 PM

http://www.outdoorsmenforum.ca/showthread.php?t=333741

Here's a link with some information on some really cheap and very effective full color camera's. Very good reviews from what I see. Did I mention they are cheap?
Old 12-18-2017, 11:14 AM

Easy. Chevy is absolute garbage.
Old 12-18-2017, 12:58 PM

Default Great Camera

The fish scout is the best camera on the market in its price point for durability and longevity. I purchased one when they first came out about 8 years ago for about double what they are going for now. They are a color camera but they switch over to B&W automatically when there is not enough light to support color. Clear lakes i can get 80 feet or better with color, murky lakes maybe 12ft. I have used the camera 100s of times over the past 8 years from -30 to plus 30 in openwater...the battery still lasts at least 8 hours or more on a full charge. I am not easy on my equipment and to be honest with all the line i have had wrapped around the cord this thing should have crapped out years ago...you will not be disapiointed if you purchase one. When this thing finally dies i wont even look at another brand, i will buy the exact same camera.
#1 win the lottery (so I could fish everyday)
#2 & 3 still thinking.....