Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Fishing Discussion

Old 12-14-2017, 09:30 PM

Default Acme Hyper Glide. Does it work?

Hello everyone!

I've done the edit from my second trip to Wabamun, still didn't catch nothing great, but had lots of fun catching little eyes. Check it out!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rsAnDHXKm40

Want to say a few words about new (for myself) jig from Acme - Hyper Glide.
I have seen it came out about a year ago approximately, but never tried it before. What a mistake! This lure is a killer! Works no worth than Rapala Jigging Rap, if not better.

It has those wings which open up on the way back and it super attractively glides down. Walleye couldn't stay indifferent, as well as little jack.

I was super exited catching fish on that little guy. Bait was ignored pretty much all day long, but Jigging Rap and Hyper Glide helped me to go away from Zero.

Now I wanna get a smaller size and try jigging for perch.
What is your experience with these lures guys!

Thanks for watching!

Take care!

https://bit.ly/2RNVTKm

Last edited by Angler; 12-14-2017 at 09:45 PM.
Old 12-15-2017, 08:15 AM

I picked up a couple hyper glides as well. The day I went to wabamun I tried it out and got a few on it. The jigging raps and rattle baits would not get any bites. Really like the action on those hyperglides but in the end a plain old Swedish pimple and a minnow out fished everything.

When fish are highly active and aggressively feeding that hyperglide may just be my new go to.

Last edited by ROA; 12-15-2017 at 08:39 AM.
Old 12-15-2017, 09:54 AM

I have had good success with them as an attractant for whites.

I tie the smallest size in the silver colour at the bottom of a w/w rig with the w/w 8" up.

This thing ****es the whites off and then they hit the w/w.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk
Old 12-15-2017, 09:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROA View Post
I picked up a couple hyper glides as well. The day I went to wabamun I tried it out and got a few on it. The jigging raps and rattle baits would not get any bites. Really like the action on those hyperglides but in the end a plain old Swedish pimple and a minnow out fished everything.

When fish are highly active and aggressively feeding that hyperglide may just be my new go to.

Well, you see, in my case I had no luck with minnows this time, I didn't spend much time trying though, because I wanted to test my new toys. I started, however, with jigging rap. And caught my first 4 on it. You got to play with this aggressively, rapid strikes up. For active fish that's a meal! And Hyper Glide different story. I was gentle with it, soft and slows raises and let it glide, let it do it's work. So I think this will attract inactive fish as well. Will see in middle of the season, when they barely want to it.

https://bit.ly/2RNVTKm