Go Back   Alberta Outdoorsmen Forum > Main Category > Guns & Ammo Discussion

Old 01-10-2010, 09:04 PM

Question .50 bmg

What is the word on the street i was thinking about picking on up i like the armalite but they say u can not get it up here next choice was the Styer does anyone have one how huch are bullets i heard 10-20 bucks a shoot and what scopes will stand the test of time mounted on top of this beat any info would be great
Old 01-10-2010, 09:14 PM
Hugin&munin

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkynuts View Post
What is the word on the street i was thinking about picking on up i like the armalite but they say u can not get it up here next choice was the Styer does anyone have one how huch are bullets i heard 10-20 bucks a shoot and what scopes will stand the test of time mounted on top of this beat any info would be great
I doubt he still has it but carl granlund of Granlund firearms in campbell river BC had one two years back and he wanted $4800 for it as far as cost of ammo not sure, one scope I know will be ok is Nightforce but I'm sure there are many more good options.
Old 01-10-2010, 09:26 PM

The Armalite 50s have not been exportable from the US for several years.
The Steyr is an ok production rifle, but for not much more $$ there are better available.
The 50s are not as hard on scopes as many seem to think.
I run NF scopes on my own, but have sold many 50 cal rifles to guys who could only afford Bushnel scopes and they have lasted up quite well.
Ammo is a bit scarce and spendy. Reloading is your only economical way to shoot a 50.

Extreme Accuracy at Extreme Long Range
Old 01-10-2010, 09:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stinkynuts View Post
In addition to some punctuation and paragraphs so that people can read your stuff, you might want to check this out:

http://albertatacticalrifle.com/50bmg.html
Old 01-11-2010, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallCoeff.435 View Post
In addition to some punctuation and paragraphs so that people can read your stuff, you might want to check this out:

http://albertatacticalrifle.com/50bmg.html
Unfortunately literacy, spelling and grammar all seem to be a things of the past.